Daredevil Season 1, Episode 10 "Nelson v. Murdock" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score

SQs68NO.png

Discuss Episode 10: "Nelson v. Murdock" here.

Murdock and Foggy's relationship is put to the ultimate test while a new enemy against Fisk emerges.
ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
So far this has probably been my least favourite episode - but that's in no way saying it's bad. I have a feeling things are really going to start ramping up in the last three - a slight slow down of pace is greatly appreciated... Mind you, I'm not finished yet.

I really enjoyed the college stuff in this episode. Hopefully more of that in season 2 with Elektra.

Also Cox having a shaved beard takes a lot of years off him. He really did look several years younger in the college scenes

I'm not sure the Greek girl was necessarily meant to be Elektra, probably just a nod

I'm not sure the Greek girl was necessarily meant to be Elektra, probably just a nod

Well if they do Elektra which I'm sure they will, it just makes sense. It seems an oddly specific reference for a character very likely to show up in the future.

This episode just got a lot better with that Fisk scene. I take back what I said earlier

I wasn't feeling this episode at first either but by the end it set won me over. The pace they had set with all the other episodes is what threw me off here but after the way the last episode ended I can see why this was needed and the character development was amazing. That scene with Foggy at the end was straight out of the comics. Really pumped for what these last 3 are gonna bring

It was obviously Elektra. This all comes from the comics. She first met Murdock and actually dated him in the comics when they were both in college.

If they do introduce Elektra in another season, they will show flashbacks of the two of them together in college similar to the Foggy/Matt college stuff.

LOL @ Foggy's college hair. The whole look, really.

10/10

I love that it's Foggy who finds out first about Matt's masked persona. It's complete reversal of Karen finding out first then Foggy a quarter of a century later.

It was fun seeing the college years and why they're such good friends.

I love the Foggy and Matt bromance. The flashbacks did a great job with that. They're fun together. Unfortunately, Foggy betrayed can kinda be a bummer since I hate to see it. I know his reaction in the comics was kinda similar (although it was just in a dark time for Daredevil comics, so I can't say I've read them). But the whole thing is pretty sad. I'm hoping for a good resolution.

Interesting easter egg.. Van Lunt and his astrologer..

I started reading Marvel back in 1973. The first Avengers storyline I read involved The Zodiac. Led by Taurus whose true identity was.. Cornelius Van Lunt.

I guess that'll be a potential adversary for The Defenders..

Real enjoyable episode, despite no real "costume" scenes. (Hey.Guy's gotta heal up.)

Fisk has been using a more commanding voice in the past few eps. Marks a noticeable change in his confidence.

Loved the flashbacks. Electra Easter egg. :awesome:

Nice Hulk Easter egg behind Ben in his office.

Didn't really know what to make of the Ben/Karen subplot. Did Karen know something about Fisk's mom all along or was it just freak luck? Came off really weird.

Vanessa's in trouble!

I like the guy that plays the Owl,BTW. (Despite him being nothing like his comic counterpart.)

I can see why Foggy was upset,but I hope he and Matt will patch things up before too long.

10 down,3 to go. :woot:

I'm at episode 10 and this show is awesome.
Stick was really good, loved this guy.
The kid, "Black Sky" was really intriguing.
The Foggy and Matt bromance is awesome too.
The picture of Hulk in Harlem, speaking about his smashing victory was nice.

Real enjoyable episode, despite no real "costume" scenes. (Hey.Guy's gotta heal up.)

Fisk has been using a more commanding voice in the past few eps. Marks a noticeable change in his confidence.

Loved the flashbacks. Electra Easter egg. :awesome:

Nice Hulk Easter egg behind Ben in his office.

Didn't really know what to make of the Ben/Karen subplot. Did Karen know something about Fisk's mom all along or was it just freak luck? Came off really weird.

Vanessa's in trouble!

I like the guy that plays the Owl,BTW. (Despite him being nothing like his comic counterpart.)

I can see why Foggy was upset,but I hope he and Matt will patch things up before too long.

10 down,3 to go. :woot:

Actually in the comics, Owl was a Wall Street Financial adviser before he became a super villain, frankly some of these guys would be more dangerous in their previous civilian jobs then they would be as super villains.

This was the last episode I was able to squeeze in today. Can't wait to wrap the series up next week.

As for the episode, it was a change of pace, a nice cooldown. It was nice to see Matt only "avoiding" physical injury this episode. Foggy is taking the recent "discovery" too hard, IMO.

I don't know a whole lot about DD's history, but does Foggy eventually find out who DD is in the comics?

Liked that Greek girl Elektra nod.

Roxxon appear in the MCU again!

Missed some of the Easter Eggs, but still great ep.

Love how willing they are to take things slowly. Not just the whole series/story, but every moment is allowed to fully breath as much as each scene dictates.

Not to mention, you're often lucky if you see just one in the mask scene in an episode, lol.

Part of the discussion between Frank and Matt remind me of Ann Nocenti's run, and the "Fist of Violence" line.

Missed some of the Easter Eggs, but still great ep.

Love how willing they are to take things slowly. Not just the whole series/story, but every moment is allowed to fully breath as much as each scene dictates.

Not to mention, you're often lucky if you see just one in the mask scene in an episode, lol.

this was pretty much the only episode that was light on the mask time..hell...two of the episodes he was in costume for almost literally the entire episode

This was by necessity a quieter "breather" episode in the wake of the jawdropping "Speak of the Devil." But just because the plot fireworks were kept to a minimum didn't mean rich drama couldn't be mind elsewhere from the characters. Here, more than any episode, I was really sold on the friendship between Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson. And here, Elden Henson was the star player, brilliantly portraying the hurt and betrayal Foggy feels on discovering his friend is not all he thought him to be. But Charlie Cox was right there with them, and the moments where he broke down into tears over the shame he felt for letting Foggy down were quite moving. Their strained friendship was at the core of the episode, but there was also stellar work from Vondie Curtis-Hall as Ben Urich and Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page, and some very intriguing elements coming into play on the Fisk storyline that I look forward to seeing unfold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"