Jessica Jones Season 1, Episode 7 "AKA Top Shelf Perverts" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Pwoper Nereguar

Civilian
Reaction score
1zvzybd.jpg

A Reminder That This Thread Is Only To Discuss Episode 7: AKA Top Shelf Perverts

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Malcom, Simpson and Trish go rouge to prevent Jessica from carrying out an extreme plan to outwit Kilgrave.

Last edited:
Such good episode.
Kilgrave is an awesome vilain, the scenes with the cops were awesome.

It was the cops from Daredevil, I think.

That scene at the police station was great.

The highlight of this episode was the confrontation between Jessica and Killgrave. I think the explanation of his motivation was quite good and quite rapey. And it's powerful that he's quite in control. He is deliberately refusing her to order her to do anything and she's doing it anyway. I'd be curious to see how the supermax plot would work. It seems to me that it would work much like it worked with the police station. In other words, not very well.

The police station scene boosted this one up. Five Stars.

Please tell me I wasn't the only one expecting Matt Murdock to show up? They seemed to be placing a lot of emphasis on her needing a lawyer and then when she fired Hogarth and that detective told her "we can get you a public defender" I was SURE they were building up to Matt coming in.

At around 46 minutes and 27 seconds, look to the left of the screen. There is an extra that is so distracting with the stupid faces he makes. I started cracking up so much.

Looked like someone that woke up from dental surgery and couldn't feel his face.

:hehe:

Please tell me I wasn't the only one expecting Matt Murdock to show up? They seemed to be placing a lot of emphasis on her needing a lawyer and then when she fired Hogarth and that detective told her "we can get you a public defender" I was SURE they were building up to Matt coming in.

I know. I was thinking that too. I kept waiting for it and being disappointed that Hoggarth kept hanging around. But she's the most logical choice at the moment.

EPISODE 7: AKA TOP SHELF PERVERTS
Wow! Talk about an intense blow-out of an episode. This was horrifying right from the start, and kept on unfolding like a car wreck. And then the climax brought the Jessica/Kilgrave conflict to a head, turning the show on its ear and pushing us into a deeply unnerving new phase. David Tennant did some of his best work of the season yet here. I'm not yet sure if Purple Man is the best Marvel Studios villain, but he's certainly the most despicable.

Another fantastic episode. This one left me wanting to watch the next one right away.
And count me as another who was expecting Matt to show up!

What was up with Simpson not telling Trish that he saw Kilgrave?

Kilgrave[to Ruben]: "Never rub another man's rhubarb."

At around 46 minutes and 27 seconds, look to the left of the screen. There is an extra that is so distracting with the stupid faces he makes. I started cracking up so much.

Looked like someone that woke up from dental surgery and couldn't feel his face.

:hehe:

Haha, I was laughing so hard. I was like "what the hell is he doing? :woot: ".

Love is nuts.

Well, the sadistic psychopathic obsession that Kilgrave defines as love most certainly is. ;) I've never felt so chilled hearing anyone say "I love you" :D

What was up with Simpson not telling Trish that he saw Kilgrave?

Simpson annoys me. Very much. I know his heart is in the right place, but his actions seem naïve. :loco:

Another impressive and engaging chapter all around. This is what you can get out of Comic Book based shows when you strive to bring in top shelf talent like Tennant, who is a key reason the show works I must say. The dialog between the two was great and this episode really illustrates how dangerous such a power in the hands of a personality like Killgrave's would be, though talking to a friend I was thinking perhaps even more than the physical fantasy powers, something like telepathic control is in it's way almost inherently corrupting.

We get a look at Trish's mom her and... Okay... We get some more of the the Hogarth drama... Okay... Simpson is again off the reservation... Okay...

These elements seem... Well they mystify me right now. I like the supporting characters and the performers but I must say that these many episodes in even a character like Trish I have to ask where they are going with them and what they are doing exactly? Now... Their dialog is great, the characters engaging but the stories themselves aren't all that compelling. I honestly just don't care about Hogarth's personal life at all. I don't see what Simpson adds to the story, hell Trish seems superfluous to an extent. This might be my only big problem with the show as of now. In this episode it came into focus that I really don't see those characters as essential at all. They are FAR from annoying or anything and like I said, the actors and writing is good however they feel now like the product of the extra ten minutes or so that a Netflix drama has over network. I think that if this were a network or basic cable show, say on USA or something, that we wouldn't have any focus on those characters, heck they may not even have been included. Again... It's not a huge detriment to the show but if there is one thing that DD seems to have so far over JJ its that DD didn't seem to have this varied cast of supporting characters that seemed off in their own drama so far removed from the main plot. It far from ruins the show, and it's well done stuff but as I said, we are seven episodes in and Hogarth's subplot, as well done as it is just there. Perhaps it's going to be connected to some set up for IRON FIST, given the character's origin in the comics?

In any case the show is still tops and leading into the next episode, this seems like a mid season break show with a cliffhanger of sorts. Can't wait to see where the next episode goes.

Great episode. That police station scene was amazing. Loving the show. Marvel is really outdoing itself with the Netflix shows. I just wish there was no break and they would give us Luke Cage or DD2 within a 4 month period.

I'm sure that in time they'll likely get to that point. They'll need at least 4 shows running simultaneously to do that since it takes a full year to produce 1 season.

Anyone else freak out when Mahoney from Daredevil showed up?

Another awesome episode. Great scene in the police station. And Jessica is really going through the crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"