The Defenders Season 1, Episode 8 "The Defenders" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

So having watch the finale.. im a little bummed we still don't have an answer to whatever the hell The Hand was doing in DDS2 with the wierd vampire zombie people in the hospital... and what they do with blood from people they drain if it's [BLACKOUT]dragon bone marrow or whatever that's the substance to bring someone back to life[/BLACKOUT]

So having watch the finale.. im a little bummed we still don't have an answer to whatever the hell The Hand was doing in DDS2 with the wierd vampire zombie people in the hospital... and what they do with blood from people they drain if it's [BLACKOUT]dragon bone marrow or whatever that's the substance to bring someone back to life[/BLACKOUT]
I think (though admit I could be wrong) that they use the blood in *conjuction* with [blackout]the dragon bone marrow[/blackout] (because, in the earlier episode, when it shows the flashback to Elektra being brought back, isn't she covered in blood? - admit I probably need to do a rewatch, I've only been through the season once so far)

I think (though admit I could be wrong) that they use the blood in *conjuction* with [blackout]the dragon bone marrow[/blackout] (because, in the earlier episode, when it shows the flashback to Elektra being brought back, isn't she covered in blood? - admit I probably need to do a rewatch, I've only been through the season once so far)

its more of a black brown.. and the show keeps calling it "the substance"

it also still doesn't explain what was happening with the children of the korn in Claires hospital. which she refers to in this episode as "Horror Movie $#^"

This is exactly what it was used for. The tomb was filled to the brim and it was brown/red and was pretty clearly blood with some added substance.

Just piecing things together from my memory but:
a. Claire said the kids were pumped with a ton of drugs that affected their blood.
b. During the Elektra flashback they were sprinkling something into what I assume is that blood, so we can only guess that's the dragon bone marrow.
c. They filled the tomb with a crap load of blood prior to Elektra's resurrection.

My guess is that this is all part of the ceremony/process to bring someone back. The drugs in the kids MIGHT be part of why they acted like zombies because it made them more compliant AND could have something to do with how they temporarily suppressed Elektra's memories. Which is why Nobu was himself after resurrection and not Elektra.

Obviously, this is all guesswork as some of it isn't actually stated.

I appreciate the fact that the ending wasnt predictable. I thought for sure this series was building up to[BLACKOUT] Matt fighting Elektra and having to kill her for good, but they went in a different direction having both be presumed dead and it not be his fault. Of course he would turn up alive but the way they handled it, Elektra is likely alive as well and I thought she definitely would be dead by the final episode[/BLACKOUT]

This is exactly what it was used for. The tomb was filled to the brim and it was brown/red and was pretty clearly blood with some added substance.

Easy answer is, its a complicated concoction. The 'substance' just gets the attention because its the linchpin ingredient. Everything else is fairly easy to acquire, at least for an organization like the Hand. . . but without the 'substance'? They can string up as many fanatic followers on IVs they want, no resurrection treatments.

it'd have been a bigger shock had they not announced a season 3 of DD a month ago.

then people might really have thought "oh maybe Danny Rand will be DD for real"

it'd have been a bigger shock had they not announced a season 3 of DD a month ago.

then people might really have thought "oh maybe Danny Rand will be DD for real"

Imagine if Daredevil 3 opens up with DD fighting some thugs and right before the opening credits, he takes off his mask and its Danny....LOL

I was wondering, why is it the rest of them didnt go back for daredevil? Like, they were all "we cant leave him, we gotta go back", then the cops showed up and luke told them (the cops i assumed) "i cant let this happen". Next thing, they're just standing there watching the building collapse?? I mean, I get why they wouldn't go back and all, but it's like they forgot to add in a scene or something. What do you all think?

How would they even go back? The elevator broke.

It really made no sense for them to leave Matt. It really did.

how do you guys think the final action scene should have gone? A lot of complaints, but how would you have done it?

I really wish we could have seen more of Luke tossing guys like 20 feet away. We'd just see him just kind punch someone. As well with Jessica, those punches should have knocked them unconscious.

It really made no sense for them to leave Matt. It really did.

how do you guys think the final action scene should have gone? A lot of complaints, but how would you have done it?

Honestly, I think this episode pretty much showed that this show should have received a BIGGER budget.

If they had gotten more funds to use for their production budget, then I think they could have faithfully portrayed Luke and Jessica's powers on a more stable basis.

The fact of the matter is that most of the members of the Hand should have been easily disposed of by the likes of Luke and Jessica. I still have no idea on how two head figures even caused Luke to flinch considering that his show established that he could break someone's hand from standing still and receiving their punch straight in the face.

If anything, some of the members/leaders should have been given enhanced strength or advanced weapons that would have realistically even the odds for them.

Honestly, I think this episode pretty much showed that this show should have received a BIGGER budget.

If they had gotten more funds to use for their production budget, then I think they could have faithfully portrayed Luke and Jessica's powers on a more stable basis.

The fact of the matter is that most of the members of the Hand should have been easily disposed of by the likes of Luke and Jessica. I still have no idea on how two head figures even caused Luke to flinch considering that his show established that he could break someone's hand from standing still and receiving their punch straight in the face.

If anything, some of the members/leaders should have been given enhanced strength or advanced weapons that would have realistically even the odds for them.

I dont see how thats a issue with the budget. Their powers dont really require a huge one. Thats a writing issue

I dont see how thats a issue with the budget. Their powers dont really require a huge one. Thats a writing issue

It's possible that they couldn't give the Hand enhanced powers or more soldiers at their disposal because of their small budget.

But again that's not really setting up that story.

THe whole premise of that story is someone finds out Matt's identity because someone Matt trusted sold him out.

How does the end of Defenders set that up? It just borrows that one aspect of the story.

More likely, I'd say Fisk will find out on his own. That's the impression I got from the last scene of him asking his flunkies to patch him through to his lawyer and have his files on Matthew Murdock delivered to him.

You know how this ending could've been made better? Itd be if Matt hadn't stayed behind in Midland Circle, and instead of sheltering at the precinct, if Karen, Foggy, Trish and Malcolm had all pitched in there as well. So, like, Karen and Trish setting the explosives, or Foggy running interference and stalling the cops outside. That sort of thing.

This was an excellent finale. Probably my favorite out of all the Netflix Marvel finales.
Do we know the timeline for The Punisher? Will it be after the events of The Defenders? Or during?

The Punisher takes place during the time when Matt is presumed dead, given Karen's general state of sadness and the fact that if Matt was still alive and kicking,
he would have gotten involved when Karen was publicly threatened by Lewis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"