The Punisher Season 2, Episode 13 "The Whirlwind" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

In the episode where they showed the church, there are A LOT of sick people. I'm thinking John wasn't they're only weapon, just they're weapon of choice. I think these people were manipulating quite a few people through the illness of their loved ones. With that, I think John knew if he failed and they raised his boys, one of them would end up just like him. Manipulated into servitude.

I believe that kind of redemption for Pilgrim was seen as "anti-Frank"- the cold-blood murder gets his sons while Frank could not. I would appreciate however some closure with Beth - at least a letter or sth.

I am pretty happy with the way how Billy's story ended. His "trash-time" etc. On the other hand - he was built to much likeable comparing to previous season. More like sick and broken man than murderer he was.

The best moment of the episode and for me, the entire season, was Frank saying goodbye to Amy. A huge grin came across me with some tears. It was very bittersweet. It was nice to see Frank vulnerable.

I found the Pilgrim sympathetic and wished we had more of him instead of Billy. He was a bad guy trying to go straight and was through by his religion and family values. I'm not sure how much of a hold the Schultzs had on his sons, but the Pilgrim acted towards the end like he was being blackmailed. Great actor.

Pretty sure Pilgrim was based on the Mennonite Mennonite (Earth-200111)

I didn't mind Russo's fate but his storyline this season wasn't overly impressive. His veteran crime syndicate subplot was underdeveloped. Most of the guys them ended up as canon fodder. It would of been interesting to see Russo's crew actually become a powerful criminal private army that threatened law and order in NYC on a mass scale.
His entire family was being used to manipulate him into doing awful ****. That's was clearly telegraphed through second half of the season.

I found his overlords motivations far more preposterous than anything Pilgrim did. Oh no, they have a gay son. Welcome to 2019. It seemed really flimsy. Hated this aspect of the 2004 film, really hated it here.
A couple of rich evangelical alt-righters murdering people just to stop people from finding out their senator son was gay did seem like a bit of a stretch. Being openly gay may of hurt his chances slightly with the schultz political base but it is doubtful it would end his political career.

This guy was the muscle/hired gun of these people. "oh no, they had my kids" well...instead of killing innocent people, how about going to get your kids. You CAN do that at any time.

It's a flimsy redemption story.

This is all I could think of during that hotel gunfight:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"