Arrow Season 3 Discussion

She's a female, that's how.

Not sure why I'm even going to explain this but it's not like she theoretically was making $10 an hour. Given her job she was probably making $40-$45k per year in IT and probably got a raise when she became an executive assistant/secretary.

Back to my first point, women buy clothes, lots of them, it's just what they do . She could realistically buy two outfits per paycheck for 4 years and that would have her at roughly 200. I know because I have known girls that do this.

Last edited:
This is probably somewhat nitpicky, but something that bothered me throughout Season 2 and that I hope is improved on during season 3, is Felicity's outfits. How on earth does she have the money to afford 40 (give or take a couple during season 1) completely different outfits on an IT girl/assistant salary?
I'm sorry but.... :dry:

To add on the what JC said, you don't think Oliver gave her some extra money seeing how he had her as his personally IT/vigilante assistant. Oh and here is the big reason, she is an actress on a TV show lol.

I know that its a tv show and it doesn't really matter to me, its just a little funny. My basis for the number of outfits she had was based on asking my sister who is a teacher (~60,000 a year), since I figured she and Felicity would have similar salaries and dress codes and she said that there was no way she would have that many separate outfits. (by separate outfits I mean nothing is the same, not the same skirt or shirt or jewelry). Anyways minor nitpick and Emily certainly looks amazing in all of her outfits.

According to the tie in comic Oliver gave her and Diggle each a million dollars as severance pay right after S1.

I'd be more surprised on Laurel's insurance rates... her apartment has been shot up/destroyed like 6 times.

I always love when Britta, Troy, and Abed re-wear clothes on Community.

According to the tie in comic Oliver gave her and Diggle each a million dollars as severance pay right after S1.
Ah, that makes sense.
Something that seems like it would be an interesting arc would be a follow up on Tempest. As far as I can tell there are two remaining members, this women and man who appeared in the past and the present:
ArrowS01E21-0314.jpg

ArrowS01E16-0826.jpg

ArrowS01E21-0312.jpg

For all we know, they could have been in a situation similar to Moira's and pressured to help Malcom and with Malcom gone, they just went back to their lives. But since that would make for boring TV, it be cool to see them either still helping Malcom or being criminal masterminds on their own.

On the subject of fashion, I think that if Laurel had a more distinctive style, her character might improve. One of my problems is that Laurel is either bland or stuck in the middle of an awfully written situation. Part of her blandness is what she wears. She wears semi-formal items that are always perfectly stylish/tasteful and say nothing about her personality. Compare this to Felicity who wears nice clothing that has some funky about it like sailboats on her skirt. Same with Laurel's apartment, it's tastefully decorated and looks like it's out of a home making magazine and you can tell that their nothing of Laurel in the apartment. Comparing this to Roy's house which actually looks like a home that someone lives in and likes. Making Laurel a clone of Felicity won't help but giving her style some personality would be good for her. I know that a good character is mostly in the writing and the acting and that interesting costumes cannot make a bad character great but it is a step along the way.

Last edited:
this conversation with Kevin Smith and Neal Adams is great. Neal Adams is interested in being involved with the show in a larger capacity, and that is seriously the best idea ever.

Bring in Jeff Lemire to write some scripts as well.

Oliver thinks Thea is backpacking across Europe when the season starts

Oh boy is he going to be in for a surprise, two in fact.

Oliver thinks Thea is backpacking across Europe when the season starts

Oliver is too smart to think Thea is in Europe......he will figure out the truth when he learn that Thea been training with Malcolm.

Well he has no reason to think that initially on account of him believing that Malcolm is dead.

I was hoping Nyssa would tell Oliver that "Malcolm" is alive......I sure she should know since her father know.....but it might be better if Oliver finds out on his own

Oliver is too smart to think Thea is in Europe......he will figure out the truth when he learn that Thea been training with Malcolm.

Oliver's biggest weakness is blind trust. I think it'll take awhile for him to figure it out (particularly since he thinks Malcolm is dead).

Oliver's biggest weakness is blind trust. I think it'll take awhile for him to figure it out (particularly since he thinks Malcolm is dead).

I agree. Malcolm knows Oliver's weaknesses like Slade did, so he will use that against him. But from what I can tell, Malcolm is not the Big Bad (or at least they're doing their damndest to make us think he isn't) of Season 3. So we'll see how things play out.

Still, I think we're gonna see one of Oliver's "I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be pissed or sobbing right now" faces (like he had with the 'choice' between Thea and Moira) when he finds out Malcolm is not only alive, but that Thea went and trained with her "psycho-dad who's happy she shot him".

Kreisberg says it will be 7 or 8 months in-between end of Season 2 and where Season 3 picks up

Will there be a time jump when the show returns?
Andrew Kreisberg: We're going to jump the same amount of time that we did last year. It'll be real time. It'll be seven or eight months later.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Season3-Andrew-Kreisberg-1084620.aspx

Although last season was 5 months, so to say same amount of time as last year and the 7 or 8 months is a contradictory.

Judging by his posting in other threads looks like he was trying to get his post count up. I mean if you are going to try to get your post count up at least don't be blatant about it by posting the same thing over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"