Daredevil Season 3, Episode 2 "Please" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F849401%2Fe8b0a60b-672f-4480-bf20-079faf336ac1.jpg

Discuss Episode 2: "Please" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
That was a great adaptation of Bullseye's ability (at least from a shooting perspective) in a grounded setting, and a good tease for what's to come. It was great to see Foggy's family. I love seeing the PTB feel disgusted with themselves for having to admit that a monster like Fisk makes the city safer. Karen gets closer to finding out Matt's alive, but it hurts to see Foggy write him off so readily.

It's the girl from Jack Ryan! Nice to see her in this as well.

T'was nice to learn more about Foggy's background and even a little bit of Karen's also.

Bullseye..yes.

Things are finally picking up a little bit. Might just watch episode 3 later and call it a day.

Damn Bullseye is thorough. That was a nice little tease of what's to come. Also, seeing more of Foggy's family is pretty cool.

Was the kid playing young Matt the same actor from before? Kinda looked like him.

Those Albanians were big mad, huh?

Bullseye had a nice introduction.

Matt is still a dick.

This was a very Wilson Fisk-focused episode. One of the things I liked is that they've made him clearly much stronger. Probably not comics strong, but it shows him as a formidable physical presence. I also like that they're really playing with the idea that the world is safer with Fisk out there. One of the sinister threats of the Kingpin is people think he's a necessary evil in the world. Bullseye's intro was pretty cool. The fact that it wasn't just shooting was important.

Matt's arc is thrilling and heart-breaking at the same time. He's still doing what he does and I like how he went about it. He tracked down the kidnappers based on smell and then stopped them on an unrelated crime but going the extra step so they can be punished for this crime. The only thing he is doing it not so much from a position of lacking faith but from a position of being angry with God. He seems so broken. I also get the sense that he's a bit more brutal because of it, although that might be more due to his reduced senses.

I liked Foggy's little story. Being the only lawyer in a family myself, it captures the idea of everyone being proud of you without really understanding what you do. Still, there's a sense that he's not achieving the dreams he had with Matt. It sucks but I'm glad they're not forgetting it. I want Nelson and Murdock back and I hope the show has the goal of going back in that direction eventually.

Four and a Half Stars.

Kingpin being seen as a necessary evil straight from the comics.

Was the kid playing young Matt the same actor from before? Kinda looked like him.
The kid actor playing young Matt is also plays Jonah Byrde in Netflix Ozark series.

I like the FBI guy.

Kingpin being seen as a necessary evil straight from the comics.

The kid actor playing young Matt is also plays Jonah Byrde in Netflix Ozark series.
I knew he looked familiar. :)

The FBI guy should take it easy with hair pomade. Hair products are like makeup — less is more.

Rewatching this episode, it's equally sad and impressive how subtly and expertly Fisk and Hattley maneuvered Ray into the hole he eventually found himself in, Fisk being the scared snitch and Hattley being the concerned boss..

Yep (spoilers for future episodes as well).

The big thing was how mundane his task. It was just "alright, your time on this job."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"