Daredevil Season 3, Episode 9 "Revelations" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F849401%2Fe8b0a60b-672f-4480-bf20-079faf336ac1.jpg

Discuss Episode 9: "Revelations" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
I can't say I didn't see it coming, but it still feels sad to see the FBI fall to Fisk's machinations, especially Ray. I was expecting Hattley to be dirty given her "ends justify the means" code, so I was glad that she was just being coerced just like Ray.

It was great to see Rosalie Carbone be the same calm pragmatist she was in Luke Cage. I guess even Fisk knows better than to muscle in on Luke's turf for know.

There was a lot going on this episode. First off, I love that they referenced the Mark Waid story with Sister Maggie and postpartum depression. It actually wasn't the first time to explain where Maggie was but it is frankly the much better story so I'm glad they incorporated it. I was worried for a minute since I saw her with in nun clothes and everything before she met Jack, but I'm glad they recognized the story potential. The way it was told in this story was very good, well acted, and a powerful moment. I'm really happy with it.

I complained about the Fisk ghost, but I really liked the Jack ghost. I guess it helped that he threw some truth bombs at Matt. There was a bit of mother vs. father when it came to him choosing to go to Fogwell's Gym, but I like that Jack wasn't on his side entirely. I also like that the show acknowledged the decision not to throw a fight was fundamentally a selfish decision. But I also like that Jack addresses the big thing - Matt wears the Daredevil mask to escape his promises and responsibilities. He's really making the same mistakes his father did.

I've been upfront with my reviews that some of the creative decisions were not ones I would have preferred. Hell, I think three or four years ago, I made the argument that the way to make Born Again is to throw a bunch of money at Chris Evans, find out how many episodes it would take to film the comic, and film it word for word, scene for scene. Specifically, I had problems with a Born Again story when Matt Murdock is already near rock bottom. That being said, given how ruthless Fisk is this season, it might have been the right choice. The big thing is how thorough and how ruthless Fisk is being. There doesn't seem to be any chance of a detente. If Matt Murdock had any real life, you'd get the sense Fisk would just have him killed. As it stands, Karen is pretty close to being offed and Foggy is only slightly better. The fact that Nadeem was marked for this for over a year just shows how invidious and ubiquitous Fisk is. Granted, that's very much the case in Born Again but the story managed to end with a reasonable middle ground. Fisk seems to take things too personally for that. On a side note, I did think Nadeem's boss might have been compromised. Obviously, there was a leak of some kind and she seemed the obvious choice. I didn't expect it to compromise Nadeem. I'm glad Daredevil realized it and didn't fall for it, though.

I liked seeing Carbone. It's a good cross-continuity. It's a Punisher comics character that appeared in Luke Cage and can be seen here. You know which character we haven't seen? Turk!

I'm very apprehensive where this episode ended. Matt figured out the trap and subverted it, but the fact that Karen was found could be scary for everyone. It happened oddly fast all things considered. I guess she's more recognizable than Matt?

This might be the first Five Stars without a dope fight scene, but this episode was really cool all around. Well-acted with great themes.

I think we seen it coming a mile away, but it was still kind of sad seeing the FBI getting played like that. Fisk is such a boss and I love how his
Kingpin name
was dropped. Seeing him at that white table with all the other mobsters in the white suit and Bullseye at his side was dope.

Last edited:
Never expected that the control of Fisk would be so deep-seated already. Must be totally hopeless for the poor guy in that situation when he sees that.

This was my favorite episode of the season so far. All the surprises made me laugh. Didn’t think Nadeem’s boss was under Fisk until she was eyeing him all weird at her home. Then she killed the other agent. The reveal of all the agents under Fisk was great. Nadeem being watched for more than a year was great. Fisk being a billion steps ahead is great. I love this show. Hahaha.

And I feel they should’ve had a younger actor be Matt’s dad for the flashbacks but I guess they wanted the audience to know who Matt was imagining he was talking to while alone.

This was my favorite episode of the season so far. All the surprises made me laugh. Didn’t think Nadeem’s boss was under Fisk until she was eyeing him all weird at her home. Then she killed the other agent. The reveal of all the agents under Fisk was great. Nadeem being watched for more than a year was great. Fisk being a billion steps ahead is great. I love this show. Hahaha.

And I feel they should’ve had a younger actor be Matt’s dad for the flashbacks but I guess they wanted the audience to know who Matt was imagining he was talking to while alone.

Agreed! I've liked the season quite a bit so far but after watching this episode, this season has gone up a notch for me and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Episode 10 looks like it could be another great episode

Well, this explained how Fisk was able to get his own surveillance equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"