Daredevil Season 2, Episode 8 "Guilty as Sin" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

OK did we ever learn about the big hole?

Not sure it ever came up. Why the big hole in New York? Maybe that's for Defenders?

Was nice to see Clancy Brown in this. A very pleasant surprise.

Ninjas were awesome and I really liked the use of heartbeats. Nice to see Stick is still a *****e.

I was actually surprised at Matt not being so cold with Elektra. At least to the point where it seemed like he still loves her. Not really sure.

Dat ending tho!! Didn't expect to see [blackout]Kingpin[/blackout].

Not sure it ever came up. Why the big hole in New York? Maybe that's for Defenders?

Not addressed at this poit.

Best episode yet!! It's got everybody!

I'm really hoping they debunk
the expert witness' testimony on Frank's actions. I'd hate to think that the Punisher is running around doing what he does because of a brain injury. What an insult to character!!

How about that foreshadowing with the x-ray of the skull?

Matt and Elektra break my heart every time. I feel like this series is really doing their troublesome love and conflict justice. Charlie and Elodie are quite literally on fire. I also love Stick. I wonder if Terrance Stamp would've been able to act the way Scott Glenn does. Probably not. Still good to see Stick again. That master-disciple relationship is also one I like seeing more of.

Nice ending too. Kinda pieced it all together once he was walking through further and further away from everyone else in the prison. That in itself is another thing of beauty in the MCU.

Matt and Elektra break my heart every time. I feel like this series is really doing their troublesome love and conflict justice. Charlie and Elodie are quite literally on fire. I also love Stick. I wonder if Terrance Stamp would've been able to act the way Scott Glenn does. Probably not. Still good to see Stick again. That master-disciple relationship is also one I like seeing more of.

Nice ending too. Kinda pieced it all together once he was walking through further and further away from everyone else in the prison. That in itself is another thing of beauty in the MCU.

Literally? Literally on fire? Did someone douse them in gasoline and light a match?

This episode is most likely my favorite episode of the season so far. Episode 7 was awesome too.

Ok this was another AWESOME episode. Clancy Brown, Scott Glenn as Stick, the ninja action and DAT ENDING!

Didn't expect to see what we saw at the end. I guess Frank will go free and become the Punisher now?

It's sad what has happened to Matt and Karen because of Elektra. He should really tell her he's DD. Not that it might make much of a difference.

Good to see DD fighting one of the league of assassins, but was Nyssa out cold for most of it? When's she going to use her sais?

I like Stick in this episode more than I did in season 1.

Matt wanted to treat Frank as a hostile witness. But then why didn't he begin cross examining him properly? What he did sounded more like an opening or closing argument, which is exactly the same thing Ben Affleck did in his courtroom scene in the DD movie. Why is he going off on his own tangent and addressing the jury about the need for heroes?

Yes, he got to make a nice little speech he otherwise wouldn't have, because there wouldn't be the opportunity for a closing argument, but he didn't know that at the time. And if he really wanted to say something to that effect, he should've been on time when the trial began to give the opening argument. He didn't even seem to care that he had court in the morning when he was bandaging Elektra's wounds.

Did he even set an alarm clock? I have several alarms on my phone to get up in the morning in case one of them fails or I accidentally hit the snooze button on it. And it also has math to dismiss, so that you can't just hit snooze without actually working out a calculation first. He should consider having something similar. Is he so used to just waltzing into the offices of Nelson and Murdock whenever he likes that he thought he could do the same with court? Completely irresponsible and unprofessional.

And if he really wanted to say something to that effect, he should've been on time when the trial began to give the opening argument. He didn't even seem to care that he had court in the morning when he was bandaging Elektra's wounds.

Did he even set an alarm clock? I have several alarms on my phone to get up in the morning in case one of them fails or I accidentally hit the snooze button on it. And it also has math to dismiss, so that you can't just hit snooze without actually working out a calculation first. He should consider having something similar. Is he so used to just waltzing into the offices of Nelson and Murdock whenever he likes that he thought he could do the same with court? Completely irresponsible and unprofessional.

Well, that is a big point of the season, though. How Matt can't handle both sides of his life. And Foggy, Karen and Elektra call him on it. Matt is a truly flawed character, and in this case, he thinks he can handle more than he actually can. And, for Matt, when it's about Elektra, the ordinary part of his life takes a back seat.

Again finding some of the reactions to what is happening in the show strange. C'est la vie. As for the episode itself...
STICK! STICK! STICK! STIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!

Excuse me... I just have always liked the character. I did a little martial arts training with a man named Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny, and in many ways Glen's Stick reminds me of him, like a fictionalized version. So awesome to see them running from ninjas running on rooftops, like a live action anime or comic. The way Stick was taking out Hand Ninja was exciting. Great action as always. I do have to ask about those dead ninja. I guess they pick up the wounded or dead? I would love if they were to do the whole, dissolving thing from the comics but I get not wanting to shake up the street level vibe the show has right now. Also by God... How good of a shape is Glenn in, still!? Glenn's explanation of the Hand is actually better and more concise than anything from the comics.

And Glenn isn't the only great oldster in this episode, suddenly out of nowhere we get Clancy Brown who is a character actor that just lends credibility to any role he takes for some reason. We as super hero fans should be thankful for his involvement in so many different projects that appeal to fanboys. Now he can add DD to his resume.

While I wouldn't want it to turn out so, that medical expert's theory on Frank would be an intriguing real world explanation for a lot of the Punisher's motivations.

So far the Elektra and Hand stories have been balanced well with the Punisher story. Best of all is that each episode is surprising. So many things you don't see coming.

Can I just say, that I just don't get Karen's reaction to what she saw in Matt's apartment. I mean, she didn't find Elektra and him in the middle of a tryst. There was an old man she's never met, who was obviously also blind and a woman in his bed that for sure did not look like she was recovering from sexy time but looked ill. It was a bit of a head scratcher and was a glaring false note for me. It was like they wrote that reaction that way just to throw in a complication for Matt and Karen.

Of course Frank would take any chance to get info on the conspiracy regarding the death of his family and who would be the one to have that info? Why, the currently incarcerated Wilson Fisk.

One of the best episodes so far. Elektra is so interesting and I really liked where they went with her fight of morality. It fits the character.

Foggy and Karen really ought to be more pissed with Matt for all his shenanigans. Karen in particular ought to be demanding some answers.

Matt wanted to treat Frank as a hostile witness. But then why didn't he begin cross examining him properly? What he did sounded more like an opening or closing argument, which is exactly the same thing Ben Affleck did in his courtroom scene in the DD movie. Why is he going off on his own tangent and addressing the jury about the need for heroes?

Yes, he got to make a nice little speech he otherwise wouldn't have, because there wouldn't be the opportunity for a closing argument, but he didn't know that at the time. And if he really wanted to say something to that effect, he should've been on time when the trial began to give the opening argument. He didn't even seem to care that he had court in the morning when he was bandaging Elektra's wounds.

That was the only part of the episode that bothered me. Foggy even told him that all he had to do was connect the dots between the gunshot wound in Frank's head to his killing spree, and Matt proceeded to do none of that. The only thing that worked in that scene's favor was that it seemed as though Matt was trying to hash out his own conflicts about Frank's behavior and about being a hero in the monologue, so I guess he lost his head in the moment. Also, I liked Frank's expression during the monologue, since he was clearly trying to place where he'd head that voice before...

other than that, it was the best courtroom scene I've seen in a TV show since Outlander, season 1 episode 11.

One of the best episodes so far. Elektra is so interesting and I really liked where they went with her fight of morality. It fits the character.

Yeah, Elektra is more than just a generic bad girl. She has at times genuinely come off as being unhinged and dangerous, like when she was encouraging Matt to kill Roscoe Sweeney. At the same time, she clearly desires to rise above that aspect of her character. It's fascinating. I wonder what she could've done that Sticks thinks is unforgivable. Don't anyone tell me!

In The Defenders, we learn it's a pit to allow The Hand to mine dragon bones for their immortality substance.

Can I just say, that I just don't get Karen's reaction to what she saw in Matt's apartment. I mean, she didn't find Elektra and him in the middle of a tryst. There was an old man she's never met, who was obviously also blind and a woman in his bed that for sure did not look like she was recovering from sexy time but looked ill. It was a bit of a head scratcher and was a glaring false note for me. It was like they wrote that reaction that way just to throw in a complication for Matt and Karen.

I have to agree. Karen goes to Matt's apartment and ends up seeing Elektra in his bed. That's easy to misunderstand as something it's not. The fact that he's at her side, not lying in it, and both are fully-clothed, less easy to misunderstand. But meeting Stick and therefore knowing he had other company, well... how the hell did she get "he must be cheating" from all that? Did she think Stick was there to watch, or what?

If I could rewrite the scene, I would've had it where Karen's reaction was, "Who is this old man? Who is this woman in your bed? I demand you give me some honest answers right this second, Matt."

It's sad what has happened to Matt and Karen because of Elektra. He should really tell her he's DD. Not that it might make much of a difference.

I kinda wish Karen had stuck around to hear Matt out when he tried to talk to her after the trial went down in flames.

Something came up in this episode that I wanted to ask: what exactly does Stick use to brew the concoction to neutralize the poison after Elektra is stabbed? I know Stick definitely used baking soda and what looked like lighter fluid (ick). Was there anything else (that bit's kinda fuzzy for me)?

Something came up in this episode that I wanted to ask: what exactly does Stick use to brew the concoction to neutralize the poison after Elektra is stabbed? I know Stick definitely used baking soda and what looked like lighter fluid (ick). Was there anything else (that bit's kinda fuzzy for me)?

I rewatched this recently and am trying to remember. Whisky and hot tea too I believe, and he needed pliers.

The other thing that would've made this episode better is if Karen and Foggy had stopped to hear Matt out after Frank's trial blew up in their faces. As in, he interrupted them with a "Will you two shut up and listen to me for five minutes? I can explain everything" or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"