Supergirl Season 5, Episode 11: "Back From the Future, Part 1" (SPOILERS)

And they are getting real cute with the music bits during fights.
That's my other big irk with this episode. I was fine with these things when they were little directorial quirks from Jesse Warn, as he was so damn good with the emotional stuff I was happy to accept his cheeseball music video action scenes as a trade-off one or twice a season, but now they're trying to turn it into an SG signature style thing (possibly inspired by Black Lightning?) and I ain't here for that, lol.

Yeah, I got that- even pointed out. That's not my question. My question is why there aren't any symbols for Jefferson or Sara. I mean, if you want to talk inner circle, she's known Sara longer than either Jefferson or Kate- though Alex probably knows her better- so going off of just time known, Sara would have a symbol up there too. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal, but if there are symbols for Batwoman, Flash, and Superman/Supergirl, why not the others?

Sara has her own hands full with the Legends to stop by National City.

Other than the Tower being in National City, who knows but the writers?

And they are getting real cute with the music bits during fights.

That's my other big irk with this episode. I was fine with these things when they were little directorial quirks from Jesse Warn, as he was so damn good with the emotional stuff I was happy to accept his cheeseball music video action scenes as a trade-off one or twice a season, but now they're trying to turn it into an SG signature style thing (possibly inspired by Black Lightning?) and I ain't here for that, lol.
Director David Harewood chose to use "Eye of the Tiger" so take it up with him. :ali:
'Supergirl' director David Harewood on that new home base and epic 'Eye of the Tiger' moment

Yeah, that's what I'm saying - I was fine when it was just one director doing it, and a director whose work on the show I otherwise think is better than anyone else's, but now that other directors are following that lead? No bueno.

Sara has her own hands full with the Legends to stop by National City.

Other than the Tower being in National City, who knows but the writers?

Barry gave her a seat at the table, so clearly her being with the Legends wasn't big enough of a reason to not allow her a seat there. Either way, I chalk it up to an oversight or maybe J'onn got lazy and forgot who Sara and Jefferson were. Still, back to my main point, no reason to exclude them.

Maybe it was a work in progress and J'onn hadn't gotten round to making plaques for them or couldn't remember the design of their logos. He'd have to travel to Star City if he wanted to see the backs of those chairs in the Hall of Justice.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying - I was fine when it was just one director doing it, and a director whose work on the show I otherwise think is better than anyone else's, but now that other directors are following that lead? No bueno.

Really hope it's not something they are going to do in every episode. It just comes off too clunky and in-your-face when we should be concentrating on the action happening in screen. For the second time in as many episodes, I got kicked out of the show and ended up *****ing at my screen rather then enjoying it.:argh:

As for the Tower, I think it's a good idea. The DEO is now enemy turf and they need a local (in series) place to gather for jam-sessions.

I'm pretty indifferent on Winn's return, but I don't expect him to be back.

The use of old pop songs is still kinda weird for me.

Maybe the swirl symbol is for Nia. Like the symbols are for the people are likely to show up in an SG episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"