The Flash Season 6x11: Love is a Battlefield

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Barry and Iris plan a romantic dinner for Valentine's Day but their evening is interrupted by an old foe - Amunet; Frost gets into the holiday spirit and attempts to help Allegra reconnect with an old love.

I saw that end twist coming from a mile away.

Some good moments, but the worst episode of the season by far! Amunet and Goldface were eye roll inducing and just complete filler. Really curious about Harry popping up though and can we get a Flash centric episode? I was fine with last week being focused on Iris, but this week was too and it wasn't a very good episode.

The speed-induced pain that Barry was experiencing seems similar to the post-Crisis terminal illness that Wally had in the comics.
Team Flash: "Crisis is over, and Barry is still alive. Yay!"

Barry: "Yeah, about that..."

I'd be happy if it meant that Barry could never again, for example, run fast enough to travel through time, because I think that limits rather than powerups make for more interesting characters and plots. But I expect we'll get a melodramatic season cliffhanger instead, along the lines of a tearful goodbye with Barry saying "I have to run faster than ever before, to stop Godspeed, even though I can't possibly survive."

This is episode was a riot. After all of the gloom and doom of Crisis, now was the perfect time for such a small-scale comedic episode. I can't get enough of Amunet. I wish that she would become a semi-regular.

I'm just not a fan of Amunet. I find her to be extremely annoying and cartoonish. Her British accent is just terrible and her presence kinda ruined this episode for me. This felt like a season 4 episode and that's not a good thing.

Amunet is easily the worst villain I've seen on this show, honestly. I don't know whether it's intentional or not, but Kate goes over the top in her execution of playing the character, and by god, the character is so annoying - it's not as if she's a character you love to hate either, it's more hate to hate.

To echo what @Holy Slapper has said, this was easily the worst episode of the season for me, and quite possibly one of the worst I've watched for the entire show - and that's saying something. I didn't mind the Allegra drama, because there's something going on building to her and Nash - and that revelation, but obviously the Amunet/Goldface drama really let this one down.

Two questions remain though, if not Iris, then who is Iris? And secondly, which Wells was that Wells?

I hope we get a Flash centric episode soon since the show is actually called The Flash and I find it to be weird that Barry at times feels like a supporting character in his own show :funny:

I hope we get a Flash centric episode soon since the show is actually called The Flash and I find it to be weird that Barry at times feels like a supporting character in his own show :funny:
It is oddly ... odd that (of al the shows) Flash is the one that seems to have more episodes that focus on other characters more than the main one.

When you think Arrow, Supergirl, Black Lightning, and Batwoman (even if new), there’s a strong basis on the lead character. Flash is the only one that doesn’t seem to do this.

Last edited:
It is oddly ... odd that (of al the shows) Flash is the one that seems to have more episodes that focus on other characters more than the main one.

When you think Arrow, Supergirl, Black Lightning, and Batwoman (even if new), there’s a strong basis on the lead character. Flash is the only one that doesn’t seem to do this.
Supergirl has had that problem a little bit too.

Supergirl has had that problem a little bit too.
They have, but by comparison to Flash, it’s vastly different.

I suppose with Supergirl, the supporting characters they’ve focused on (like John, Brainy it Alex) are characters we’re invested in and care about. Can the same really be said for Iris?

It may be the writing, it may be Candice, or it may be a little of both, but this isn’t the first time the show has gone into Iris mode when that’s just not what the viewers (for the most part) want.

I suppose with Supergirl, the supporting characters they’ve focused on (like John, Brainy it Alex) are characters we’re invested in and care about. Can the same really be said for Iris?

It may be the writing, it may be Candice, or it may be a little of both, but this isn’t the first time the show has gone into Iris mode when that’s just not what the viewers (for the most part) want.

Anything involving Alex has worked for me. I'll credit the writing and Chyler Leigh's acting for that.

In comparison, I could not care less about anything involving Iris and her web publication. I'm astonished that they're putting so much time on that.

Last edited:
I did not care for the Allegra stuff regarding her ex boyfriend in this episode. It was basically filler and they will quickly forget about the Allegra's ex boyfriend subplot.

Yes but they've handled it well so far.

I agree, but I think it's a problem with each show, really. Too much focus on "Team Flash/Team Supergirl" etc. The supporting cast just continuously grows and grows.

I really liked last weeks episode and that was focused on Iris but this episode was pretty bad.

I agree, but I think it's a problem with each show, really. Too much focus on "Team Flash/Team Supergirl" etc. The supporting cast just continuously grows and grows.

I really liked last weeks episode and that was focused on Iris but this episode was pretty bad.
Last week wasn’t too bad to be fair, but yeah, this week was diabolical.

Regarding the supporting cast though, it must be difficult to write an entire show with 22 episodes a season around a single hero, so I get why they deviate sometimes; they just need to make the supporting cast more relevant, likeable and with worthwhile stories to tell.

Iris being replaced is like a plot straight out of a soap opera. The original Dynasty had a plot like that with Krystal being replaced with a double. It's frustrating to watch.

Couldn't they find a different plot to use for Mirror Master for the remainder of the season?

I agree that Amunet is terrible and that this was one of the worst episodes ever.

I cant watch this awful show anymore

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. :funny:

The Flash is my favorite show currently on TV, and I've referred to it as the greatest comic book adaptation ever on the small screen. Sorry that I'm not a part of the meltdown crew on SHH, but the majority of viewers love this show, as is evidenced by the fact that it's still CW's highest rated show.

The Flash is my favorite show currently on TV, and I've referred to it as the greatest comic book adaptation ever on the small screen. Sorry that I'm not a part of the meltdown crew on SHH, but the majority of viewers love this show, as is evidenced by the fact that it's still CW's highest rated show.

It's not the show itself but this particular episode. The show had picked up in terms of quality but this episode was a major letdown.

Iris is such a bad character and I've been skipping through 95% of the show since it's so boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"