What would you like to see in a 9th season?

Gmanofsteel

Superhero
Reaction score
If we get a 9th season I'd like the season 8 finale to end with Doomsday attacking Smallville and a space shuttle about to make a crash landing in metropolis and Clark flying off the top of the Daily Planet to save it.

My ideal Season 9:

9.01 - "Savior": Clark saves the space shuttle and prevents a massive crash that could have wiped out several buildings in metropolis, including the daily planet & lexcorp. Jimmy gets a snap shot of the "red & blue blur" catching the shuttle, only this time the blur isn't a blur but clearly a "man". Lois writes an article about the event and calls the mysterious figure "Superman". After Doomsday's rampage in Smallville, Clark Finally catches up with him and uses the fortress to send him to the phantom zone.

9.02 - "Shock": The "Superman" incident has all of metropolis buzzing but Leslie Willis, a DJ for a local radio station has some choice words about the "Superman" and "meteor freaks". An explosion at the station causes an electrical outage which leaves her paralyzed. Clark and Lois investigate the scene and discover that Bette (Plastique) might have been the person responsible for the attack.

9.03 -"Chief": The Daily Planet has a new editor, Perry White. Jimmy attempts to earn brownie points with the new chief by getting some snap shots of the "Superman" and Lois joins him in an attempt to bring the camera shy hero into the spotlight. White challenges Clark to get the scoop on the "Superman" himself but he's hesitant that if he shrugs it off he'll either be fired or his secret will be discovered.

9.04 -"Star": Oliver Queen builds a new laboratory outside metropolis called Star Labs and appoints Dr. Emil Hamilton as the head of operations at the facility. The Toyman, resurfaces and threatens to destroy the lab unless Oliver gives him the blue prints from a top secret file. Clark and Oliver eventually outwit Winslott, but the blueprints disappear and it is clear someone was using him to obtain them.

9.05 - "Gang": Oliver and Clark attempt to find out who is behind a string of robberies at star labs and discover that an organization called "intergang" might be responsible. Lois and Jimmy are following the robberies themselves and get in over their heads when they discover that the blueprints taken from star labs are now in the possession of intergang.

9.06 - "Secrets": Troubled by publicity he's receiving as the "Superman", Clark goes to the one person who might be able to help him, Jor-EL. Green Arrow & Black Canary in the mean time are on the hunt to recover the missing blueprints taken by intergang. Oliver reveals to Dina that the blueprints are the only surviving copy from Lexcorp's old Prometheus experiments.

9.07 - "Home": Martha Kent returns to Smallville and is amazed by the progress Clark has made. He tells her about his visit with Jor-EL and decides that he's going to need to help distinguish himself between Clark Kent and the "Superman". Oliver traces the missing blueprints to Star City, where he's captured by intergang.

9.08 - "Mild-mannered": Clark comes to the Daily Planet wearing glasses. When asked about them he says that his vision has been going and that contacts hurt his eyes. Lois becomes suspicious and attempts to see if there's more than meets the eye concerning Clark Kent. Dina and AC ask Clark for help after Oliver disappears.

9.09 - "Hunted": Oliver is taken to Africa, where he is left in a labor camp to die. A mysterious heroine rescues him and the rest of the captives in the camp. Clark and the league track down the warehouse where Oliver was taken. They find the Prometheus blueprints, and the person responsible for Oliver's disappearance: Morgan Edge.

9.10 - "Risk": Oliver returns to metropolis to face Clark. He tries to explain the potential good that could come from restarting the Prometheus project but Clark fears that it could once again fall into the wrong hands and destroys the blueprints. Morgan Edge is released from jail by a mysterious figure and in return Edge hands over a file folder containing a copy of the Prometheus blueprints. The Legion returns and pleads with Clark to come with them to the 31st century.

9.11 - "Conquest": Clark goes with the Legion to the 31st century, but it isn't what he expected. Earth has been destroyed and the Legion is at war with an army of kryptonians. Clark learns that at some point in his future, time was altered. The cause: Brainiac. Despite the Legion's best effort to reprogram Brainiac, he rebooted his systems and traveled back to the current time frame and sent phantoms from the phantom zone to the 31st century to defeat the Legion. Clark must return to his time and prevent Brainiac from destroying the future. As a parting gift the legion gives Clark the only thing they recovered from the museum dedicated to him on earth, his suit.

9.12 - "Naman": Clark returns to earth, but not the earth he knows. Interference with his legion ring sends Clark hundreds of years earlier, before he ever was born. The temporal transference shook him and his legion ring was separated from him in the forest. While searching for a way back to his time, he saves a native tribes woman and in doing so meets the tribe that names him "Naman". Clark realizes that it was he who would tell them his stories, in fact it was he who wrote his own destiny, later to be written on the cave wall.

9.13 - "Vixen"
Clark returns to his current time and begins research in an attempt to prevent Brainiac from sending phantoms to the 31st century. Meanwhile, one of intergang's smuggling shipments is attacked by the mysterious fem fatale that rescued Oliver. Clark and Lois decide to investigate intergang's smuggling operations. Clark and the heroine, now called "Vixen" work together to stop intergang. Vixen is reintroduced to Oliver and joins the league.

9.14 - "Parasite" An explosion causes chemical changes in Rudy, a janitor at Star Labs. He begins to absorb all energy from anything he touches and becomes intoxicated with the urge for power. Lois and Clark investigate the explosion while Oliver investigates a string of bizarre murders, all of which have ties to Lexcorp.

9.15 - "Reboot" Kara returns, or has she? Clark Welcomes back his cousin with open arms, until he starts to notice her memory lapses and he grows suspicious. Taking Kara to the fortress for help from Jor-EL, the truth is unveiled and she is actually Brainiac, attempting to use Clark to open a portal to the phantom zone. Clark forces Brainiac into the phantom zone, but not before Brainiac secretly imprints himself into a crystal in the fortress.

9.16 - "Livewire" Leslie Willis regains consciousness and metropolis is in for a shock! Using her newly found electrical abilities to attack meteor infected citizens using the Isis database. "Livewire" then seeks out the "Superman", threatening to destroy the Isis foundation if he doesn't make an appearance.

9.17 - "Force" The police force unveils a new experimental suit that is expected to increase strength and agility. Clark notices the design appears oddly similar the Prometheus suit.

9.18 - "Lobo" Coming from parts unknown, Lobo, an alien bounty hunter seeks out the best earth has to offer and terrorizes metropolis asking for its "Superman". Clark realizes that he can't keep his identity a secret much longer and considers putting on the suit.

9.19 - "Empire" Lex Luthor returns out of hiding. Clark keeps his distance as Lex absorbs all the media attention. Lex later requests Clark to visit him and it appears that Lex has no memory of Clark's abilities.

9.20 - "Invasion" A beacon from the fortress alerts Clark and he discovers a portal to the phantom zone is open. Clark destroys the console preventing Brainiac from sending phantoms to the 31st century, but now he has a lone phantom zoner to contend with, Zod.

9.21 - "Suit" After sending Zod back to the phantom zone, Clark returns to the farm in Smallville and discusses the choices he's made with Martha. The time has come for him to fully embrace his destiny. Clark dons his iconic suit for the first time.

9.22 - "Destiny" Four super powered masked individuals break into a federal bank and they appear to be Green Arrow, Impulse, Cyborg, and Aquaman! Clark investigates the robbery and discovers that they were wearing different variations of the Prometheus suit. Clark interrogates Lex about the suits, leading to a show down between the four Prometheus suited thugs and Superman. Lois finally gets her exclusive interview with Superman.

whatcha think? :D

Last edited:
wow, awesome job Ganc! I had been doing a bare bones one of these myself that I had been trying to align with continuity as each Week of Season 8 passed.

All great ideas too, although a character like Vixen may be a bit low down the totem pole for a multi-epsiode arc. If you replaced her with Wonder Woman, I'd sign for this right now.

That is an awesome season, I would watch that as many times as I can.
I like how one you didn't mention Chloe at all, two you have Oliver in a lot of episodes.

The only thing I would change though would be Lobo, and I would add Green Lantern somewhere in the season. Everything else though sounds awesome.

some cool ideas and things i would love to see though some we could likely not get due to budget reasons.

wow, awesome job Ganc! I had been doing a bare bones one of these myself that I had been trying to align with continuity as each Week of Season 8 passed.

Thanks Hulk! I'd love to see what you've got. Part of the challenge was coming up with concepts that would fit in with what we know about season 8 thus far.

All great ideas too, although a character like Vixen may be a bit low down the totem pole for a multi-epsiode arc. If you replaced her with Wonder Woman, I'd sign for this right now.

Yeah, ya know I have a soft spot for that character. :D I know I said this list was ideal, but I also tried to be realistic with my choices too, hence no Bruce Wayne or Diana Prince showing up.

That is an awesome season, I would watch that as many times as I can.
I like how one you didn't mention Chloe at all, two you have Oliver in a lot of episodes.

Yeah, I tried to find a way to put in characters like tess and chloe, but I really had no idea what they'd do in each episode, so I didn't bother using them in the plot. Oliver was a good way to move the subplots.

The only thing I would change though would be Lobo, and I would add Green Lantern somewhere in the season. Everything else though sounds awesome.
Yeah by the time I got Lobo I pretty much thought Clark should be in the suit by that point, but I went with it anyway. (another back alley brawl out of everyone's sight, yay!)

some cool ideas and things i would love to see though some we could likely not get due to budget reasons.

alas, this is probably true :( :p

yea the big problem their, but i agree going just criminals like intergang with or without the darkseid tech angle would be a good seasonal arc and would make a more daily planet reporter clark and lois would be cool. As for bringing edge back i doubt they would do it since he was shown to been killed way back then and they have no reason to bring the character back. They can easily just have some other intergang running things and heck episode 19 a character called bruno i believe folks say he was an intergang member in the comics.

Wow, awesome plan for a season 9!
Would love to see that come to pass.

Oh, wow, some awesome ideas, Ganc! In particular, and I didn't expect this, I liked the idea of Clark accidentally going too far back in time and becoming the "Naman" legend.

ya that naman idea is very interesting and could make a very cool episode. Would love to see the naman/skinwalkers/caves brought back.

oh and "Mild-Mannered" is actually two words, so you're breaking the "golden rule" of Smallville episode naming :D Maybe you could go with "Disguise" or "Framed" or something (that was actually what I called my glasses episode).

I also noticed that Martian Manhunter was conspicuously absent from the season. Not a fan? :)

Last edited:
1. More Daily Planet related storylines(sign a bunch of people like Steve Lombard, Ron Troupe, Cat Grant and Perry white to PT deals)

2. Intergang main villian(PT contracts), leading to Darkside at the end. You can sprinkle other vilians between that story arc(the Intergang part great in terms of point 1)

3. Lois 18 episodes(she isn't need for all 22 because you can have 4-5 other episodes devoted to Clark doing other stuff, but she will be needed for a bulk of them)

4. Other Heroes(Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter and friends can make random popups every now and then)

ya that naman idea is very interesting and could make a very cool episode. Would love to see the naman/skinwalkers/caves brought back.

Agreed, I really like the idea of the legend starting because Clark accidentally went too far back in time. Really cool way to bring that back into the storyline and wrap it up Tomwelling4sups.

I also noticed that Martian Manhunter was conspicuously absent from the season. Not a fan? :)

Good catch, I missed that when I read it. Definitely need MM in there somewhere.

I just hope we get to see him use his shape-shift abilities before the series is over (a glimpse of some sort of his green self would be a wonderful bonus as well!!)

Yea wow that was amazing I wish they would use that and I agree withe everyone with the Naman episode that's such a good idea and would work so well now I'd love to see and episode like that lol heres hoping PS3 sees that idea! lol

yea it would be so neat if they did that to wrap up the naman stuff. Plus it could be a neat way to maybe bring kayla and her grandfather actors back playing ancestors of their characters.

Here is what is going to be on season 9 If Alison Mack, Erica Durance, Shawn Ashmore, Cassidy Freeman, Sam Wittiver, and Tom Welling stays

1. "Lantern" - Kyle Rayner from Coast City researches element of meteors hitting earth back when Superman was born. He knew Tess Mercer all his life who knew the truth behind Lex Luther. He knew Lex Luther was a selfish ambition Man killing innocent People and trying to blame it on Clark. An alien crashes nearby his home and sends his Magic Power Ring. The Alien is both human and want his help to stop the evil one for taken over earth and to team up with the "Last Son of Krypton". He cant take anything from Tess, she murdered his girlfriend Carol Ferris, but he needs to meet with Clark Kent and to kill her Henchmen. Chloe investigate the Murder of Carol Ferris that Tess killed her in Coast City many years ago while, she and Kyle broke up.

2. "Telescope" - Clark is learning How to see things are smaller and smaller, with his X-ray vision and there's types of Forensic Files, that he Lois and Chloe are investigating Tess's evil plans that she wanted to seek the Truth of Clark's Past. Clark is learning How his Telescope vision is looking at the Blood-cells which has Poison of Kryptinite Virus.

3. "Karen" - Clark meets a Girl who was trapped in the Phantom Zone who is also a friend to his Cousin Kara. Her name is Kay-Za another Kryptonian. Kay-Za was banished to the Phantom Zone from General Zod and Faora before the destruction of Planet Krypton went disaster. Kay-Za was abused by General Zod when she was young on Kandor. She never liked him, but decided to live on Planet Earth by being released from the Phantom Zone, and then Clark called her Karen (as Karen Star) to be adopted by the Star family in Smallville. Chloe and Lois kept Karen company. But Clark wanted keep it a secret. Kay-Za is now Power Girl a Sister to Clark and Kara Kent.

4. "Bullied" (Flashback scene Episode Season 1, 2, 3)

When Clark, Lana, and Chloe were young in Smallville they were bullied by different types of Kids. One Punk came up to Clark and his friend Pete were intimidated by the Bullies Pete stand on his side and became his Bodyguard. Lana got bullied by a snotty-girl who never liked her she was calling her bad names. In the present time, Clark, Lana, and Chloe remembered back in their High School days that they dont like anyone picking on them. Tess Mercer tested the memories of Clark, Lana, and Chloe to remember their past since their High School years. Lois steps into the Lab and defended off Tess for making them remember knowing the truth about their past. Martha Kent guest starred and so is Lionel Richie.

5. "Wonder" - A Maiden from Greece came from a Hidden World where her Women being Civilized and worship the Gods of Mount Olympus. She was sent to Metropolis to meet with the One and Only God who is like Hercules, and she thinks Clark Kent is like Hercules. Her name is Diana "The Ambassador of Truth". She said to Clark that Tess Mercer is a Liar and speaking tongues about him. Other Women in Clark's life like Lois, Lana, and Chloe she confronted them and wanted the Truth from them about Lex Luther is like Hades who was banished from the Heavenly Thrones of Zeus who betrayed alot of People.

6. "Super" - Clark is learning to be educated to expierence his emotions to be vibrated and so is he is motivated. He is learning how to fly ? In the Fortress of Solitude his Father Jor-El granted him a Blue and Red Gladiator Outfit to conquer all enemies on Planet Earth. Clark is learning that he is Kal-El "The Last Son of Krypton". Lois Lane interviews Clark's past and learn How did he came from ? So, she and Clark flew up in the Firmaments in the Heavens as we hear the song "Can you read my Mind" played by Enya.

7. "Kryptonian" (Flashback Scenes of Episode Season 1, 2, 4, 7) - Clark has identify that he is Kal-El being the "Last Son of Krypton" who survived from Planet Krypton. He goes to the Fortress of Solitude and finds the Truth who he was ? Tess Mercer becomes a new evil Superwoman who wanted Clark's powers. But Clark doesn't want to fight a woman. Tess traveled to the Fortress of Solitude and wanted to become a Strong Powerful Woman like Clark Kent. Lara comes back and defends Tess Mercer, she is tired looking at her son Clark getting hurt. Lois Lane is know becoming a Daily Planet TV News Broadcaster along with her Literature stories of Metropolis. Chloe and Jimmy were set to get married. Then we see Perry White arriving at the Daily Planet becoming the Daily Planet News Director.

Tomwelling4sups - some great suggestions there, and I like how you tied in some things to earlier episodes of Smallville, like Naman. Hopefully the writers read this!

myth some nice ideas but some of those things would likely not happen like diana which like bats has been offlimits from smallville for yrs now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"