Season 8 Theories and Speculation

Way too early, but there will definitely be something prepared for San Diego Comic Con in July. I expect the first public teaser to be released maybe around September / October.

The creators of the show confirmed he was dead.

Ahh, but what do we say to death? :cwink:

My half baked thoughts for Season 8.

The dead will march on Winterfell in episode 1. Sansa will have to retreat to the eerie while Arya will go on her own to complete her mission to kill Cerse. Jaime will have arrived at the Wall already. He's there for the fight, but I don't know where he goes after that. Maybe back to King's Landing.

Theon will end up sacrificing himself for his sister, who will end up queen of the Iron Islands.

Dani will end her march on King's Landing to help the North. Meanwhile, Jon learns of his true heritage but doesn't really care. He'll probably always consider himself a Stark.

Ultimately, I'm sure that Jon will end up the King of the Iron Throne. I imagine Dani will die eventually and the dragons will stay loyal to Jon.

Jamie is going to kill Cerce, I hope.

Last edited:
Isn't it a bit early for a teaser?

Way too early, but there will definitely be something prepared for San Diego Comic Con in July. I expect the first public teaser to be released maybe around September / October.

no its not too early. i wouldnt be surprised if we got a teaser with westworld next month.

but what do i know.

no its not too early. i wouldnt be surprised if we got a teaser with westworld next month.

but what do i know.

Holy crap! That'd be so awesome!

After rewatching a few episodes, I started to focus on the whole "breaking the wheel" thing, and I realized that that's really the most satisfying conclusion to the "Game of Thrones." It makes sense that the end of the series would be the ending the game... Maybe the throne is destroyed or some new form of Lordship comes about.

As a bastard, Jon Snow is adverse to the game, refusing to lie in order to get what he wants and being elected King instead of inheriting it. He's never wanted to be in power or to be King. It makes sense that Dani and Jon... and potentially their son... will signify a new age, where the kingdom is ruled in some other way... instead of their son inheriting it by right.

Maybe their son will just start the next generation Game of Thrones by being the first generation of new Kings, but I hope not. I could see Dani breaking the wheel by burning all the lords or something, but then is killed by the Night King and leaves Jon Snow as her heir.

Jon might propose an election system of sorts based on the way the Night's Watch elects its Commander. Or some sort of Republic with representation. But I don't know why he would. He and Dany and others in power positions have no real reason to abolish monarchies. As far as I know there is no form of democratic or Republican rule in Westerosi history so it's something that have be done from the ground up and in their sort of society and with the lack of infrastructure and the devastation I just don't think it's an idea that would get much traction. And the peasantry just want to survive and be left in peace. So they aren't going to be fighting for some new government system.

And it's not something the show really has time to do. Not in 6 episodes unless there is amassive time jump to the far future.

On another note, up until now, I've just been assuming that Bran's behavior and personality were changing because he was using his powers more and more. But now I'm not so sure.

The Three Eyed Raven didn't act like Bran has been acting. TER had been using his powers for many many decades but he behaved like a normal person with emotions and ambitions and desires. Whereas Bran has only been using his powers for a short time but he seems lethargic, hollow, and "cold". Like he is dead inside. As emotionless as the NK. I wonder if the Night King's mark could be having an influence on him. I wonder if Bran continually sending his mind out to spy on the NK and his army is allowing the magic of the NK to effect Bran? I also wonder if Bran is going to end up being some sort of Trojan horse when the NK arrives at Winterfell...

The whole "Breaking the Wheel" thing has no basis in the novels whatsoever. Dany is quite happy to reassert her family's dynastical feudal rule over the masses of Westeros and reaches the epiphany that she'll need to kill a lot of people to do so. The only sort of democratic election we see put to use in Westeros is the Kingsmoot, and that whole process is basically taken advantage of by Pirate!Satan.

The show is supposedly going to reach the same conclusion that the books are, so the notion that Westeros will suddenly have a major political revolution is...unlikely to say the least.

yea the man who was a tree wasn't weird at all.

yea the man who was a tree wasn't weird at all.

Sure the tree growing into TER is weird, but he didn't act like Bran. He still acted like a human. Bran's completely different.

Maybe with age, he found himself again

TV Dany has a habit of making grandois, visionary statement that don't mean anything.

Bran being so detached was definitely something D&D came up with between seasons. Or maybe he was a proponent of B+A=J and was too shocked but what he learned.

Are there any plot spoilers whatsoever?

The show is supposedly going to reach the same conclusion that the books are, so the notion that Westeros will suddenly have a major political revolution is...unlikely to say the least.

Yeah.. when you put it that way, I agree. But I would like to see a satisfying end to the "Game of Thrones." So maybe that just means, at the end, there will be an accepted monarchy, and all the squabbling for the Iron Throne is done. The Iron Throne, itself, will be destroyed I hope.

If I had to guess the lines that will continue...

House Targarian, either with Jon and Dani or just Jon. They'll be the new King and Queen.
House Stark with Sansa Stark. Sansa will be Lady Warden of the North.
House Lannister with Tyrian, serving as Lord of Casterly Rock and Hand to Jon and Dani. If I had to guess, Jamie will survive but swear an oath as the new head of the King's Guard. Cersei will be stabbed in the back by Jamie.

I'm guessing House Greyjoy, House Baratheon, House Arryn, House Martell will all be gone by the end.

I'm guessing House Greyjoy, House Baratheon, House Arryn, House Martell will all be gone by the end.

House Martell is already gone in the show canon. House Baratheon could survive if Gendry is legitimized, assuming he lives. I also can't see them killing off Robin Arryn, so that house is probably safe.

We'll see what happens to Gendry; that'd be wild if he and Arya get together. I can totally see the show killing off Robin Arryn, and I hope they do! He's a child of summer and needs to go.

Yeah.. when you put it that way, I agree. But I would like to see a satisfying end to the "Game of Thrones." So maybe that just means, at the end, there will be an accepted monarchy, and all the squabbling for the Iron Throne is done. The Iron Throne, itself, will be destroyed I hope.

If I had to guess the lines that will continue...

House Targarian, either with Jon and Dani or just Jon. They'll be the new King and Queen.
House Stark with Sansa Stark. Sansa will be Lady Warden of the North.
House Lannister with Tyrian, serving as Lord of Casterly Rock and Hand to Jon and Dani. If I had to guess, Jamie will survive but swear an oath as the new head of the King's Guard. Cersei will be stabbed in the back by Jamie.

GRRM said:
I don’t know that I, as a writer, really believe in the conventional, cliched happy ending, where everything is resolved and the good guy wins and the bad guy loses,” he said (unsurprisingly). “We very seldom see that in real life or in history, and I don’t find it as emotionally satisfying myself as what I like to call the bittersweet ending.

“I think there’s a difference between a loose end and something that’s deliberately left by the author ambiguous, or something for the readers to think about and worry about and debate about,” he revealed. “For me, that’s part of the fun of reading and writing is having stories that maybe have a little ambiguity to them, a little subtlety to them, and everything is not crystal clear and laid out. You have to think about some things and put clues together and see what it all adds up to.
“So some of that is gonna be left there deliberately.

I don't think it will be satisfying in all aspects. I expect it to be tragic in some ways, good in some ways, and upsetting in other ways.

Yeah, I hear you. With GOT, you never know how things might shift. We know so little about the Night King at this point, there's a lot of room for things to change drastically.

ha... as if Reek can die.

When it comes to Theon, he practically has to sacrifice himself at this point. I assume that he'll give his life to save Yara. Maybe Yara will survive.

I thought that Elia Martell was raped and murdered by Ser Gregor Clegane?

There are 2 Elia's... Oberyns sister who Mountain killed... and his daughter whom he named after her.

If the show was going to last another two seasons, I could see them possibly bringing Oberyn's daughter Elia into play, but since it isn't, I think that's the last we've seen of the Martells.

Game of Thrones Has Completed Filming on Their Biggest Battle Scene Yet

The GAME OF THRONES-themed site, Watchers on the Wall, got ahold of a picture posted by assistant director Jonathan Quinlan which shows a note thanking the crew for their work on the battle scene. Quinlan added in his caption (the post has been deleted) saying it was done across “55 consecutive nights, 11 weeks, 3 locations.”

VFhbu7O.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/gam...ming-on-their-biggest-battle-scene-yet-292-02

For comparison, Battle of the Bastards was film in 4-5 weeks. So this battle in season 8 is ****ing huge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"