The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 13 "Chokepoint" Discussion Thread

Man in the Suit

We're the Ones Who Live
Reaction score
QORvCd7.jpg

Directed by Liesl Tommy
Written by Eddie Guzelian & David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick

Daryl got off lucky. That was merely Beta's warm-up fight.

Dang... I used to be able to come in here the day of a new ep and see 3 pages of discussions... Welp.

The show is on its way out. :(

The show that's already been renewed for another season and has another spin-off is on its way out? Don't think so. Even though I'm sure the retort will be 'Well, look at people leaving the show.' They lost Andrew Lincoln of all people and the show still ended up renewed.

On its way out? I don't think so.

At the rate they are going, soon its going to be the Walking Norman Reedus followed by Ride With Norman Reedus.

The show isn't going anywhere any time soon. It's still AMC's most watched show and it'll be on until execs or the shareholders/stockholders decide it isn't profitable anymore. It'll probably be renewed for Season 11 unless next year's ratings completely tank... But it's a bummer how dead these threads are. :( And it's not just here, the subreddit is slower and TWD related forums are basically dead too.

I kinda wish the Season 8 finale would've been a series finale. It could've worked as one if you removed that scene with Maggie/Daryl/Jesus conspiring against Rick and Michonne. It still could work as the finale if you choose the end it there...

Last edited:
I don't understand why they're now focussing most episodes on characters I barely know and/or care about... It feels like I'm already watching a new spin-off.

I think that's also one of the reasons why a lot of people have quit watching. It's weird to just "ignore" your most popular characters half of the season. (It's probably even more) It's like if Family Guy all of a sudden stopped putting Peter and Stewie in every episode, and they only showed up occasionally...

Most fans want to see Michonne, Negan, Aaron, Gabriel, Maggie (yeah I know she left, but stilll), Rosita, etc.,... not Lydia and Henry...

I thought the "old" cast would be getting a lot more screentime with Rick being gone, but I guess I was wrong. We're getting more Daryl though, but I actually didn't even really notice that... I was too busy thinking about the missing characters

Last edited:
I don't understand why they're now focussing most episodes on characters I barely know and/or care about... It feels like I'm already watching a new spin-off.

I think that's also one of the reasons why a lot of people have quit watching. It's weird to just "ignore" your most popular characters half of the season. (It's probably even more) It's like if Family Guy all of a sudden stopped putting Peter and Stewie in every episode, and they only showed up occasionally...

Most fans want to see Michonne, Negan, Aaron, Gabriel, Maggie (yeah I know she left, but stilll), Rosita, etc.,... not Lydia and Henry...

I thought the "old" cast would be getting a lot more screentime with Rick being gone, but I guess I was wrong. We're getting more Daryl though, but I actually didn't even really notice that... I was too busy thinking about the missing characters
I get this. They've killed off a lot of my favorites and replaced them with duds. :(

I get this. They've killed off a lot of my favorites and replaced them with duds. :(

Yeah and sometimes even worse than duds, just unknowns... like that scene with Tara and her group clearing the road, walkers show up, and it's supposed to be really tense... I'm thinking "who even are these people?"

Same goes for a lot of scenes with the kingdom characters. Sure, you have Carol and the King (and Jerry I guess), but the rest of them, who cares...

The show that's already been renewed for another season and has another spin-off is on its way out? Don't think so. Even though I'm sure the retort will be 'Well, look at people leaving the show.' They lost Andrew Lincoln of all people and the show still ended up renewed.

On its way out? I don't think so.

We're certainly closer to the end than the beginning. The ratings will only continue to fall.

There used to be a time when I'd make it a point to be home to watch TWD as it aired. Now if I'm home on a Sunday night, I'll turn on AMC and half pay attention to the show in the background while I'm on SHH/checking e-mails. I've just lost so much interest over the past year and a half.

I kinda wish the Season 8 finale would've been a series finale. It could've worked as one if you removed that scene with Maggie/Daryl/Jesus conspiring against Rick and Michonne. It still could work as the finale if you choose the end it there...

Another example of bad writing and lack of long-term (and even short-term) plan the writers and producers have for this show. They end the season by trying to hint at heel turn for maggie,daryl & jesus. Then 6 episodes into the next season, maggie and jesus are no longer there and daryl is the john cena of TWD.

It totally sucks..... TWD is AMC's top rated show but the quality of the writing is far behind Mad Men & breaking bad.

Btw this came out of my mind while typing this. In season 1 rick and gang had to wear walker guts to walk among them (as smell was how walkers operated). Now it seems only a walker mask will suffice.

Now does a walker mask have the same smell as their guts....well i cannot say because the new carl they have got (henry....seriously is he related to the producers of this show) does not even show a sense of "bad smellness" when alpha comes near him with her mask

The fans have totally given up on this show. When this was on a peak, every monday during lunch, TWD was the only thing we talk about. Now....i am the only one watching it among my circle.

Now when i watch TWD, i also play pokemon go in my mobile as the days where i give 100% attention to this show ..... looks to be over.

The only way this show can win me over again is to bring back Darabont and get rid of the likes of mazzara, gimple...etc.

The season is probably the best season since 4 IMO. But it might be too little/too late. That being said, I see them running The Walking Dead to at least season 11. Maybe even season 12.

Fear The Walking Dead has even worst ratings, but it's kept around (it helps that its budget is way lower than the parent ship).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"