Season 9 of Smallville ???

smsvmos

Sidekick
Reaction score
Supermanhomepage.com said:
HollywoodReporter.com attended the CW's upfront presentation in New York on Tuesday night, and reports that CW Entertainment president Dawn Ostroff made an interesting comment regarding "Smallville"...

As for the perception that the upcoming season will be the last for "Smallville" -- not very accurate.

"You would have said several times during its run that the show is just about dead," Ostroff said. "So I would never count it out."

So it would seem that the writers won't necessarily be using next season as a way to tie "Smallville" to the Superman mythos, if they contemplate going for a 9th season.

I don't think its such a good idea to keep smallville for so long. They should finish this season with a bang.

No. No more.

I don't even know if I can survive S8.

A ninth season is a really bad idea, in fact an eight season was a bad idea. Welling has only signed for the eight season, and I somehow doubt there wont be a chance in hell that he`ll sign for another year.
I could be wrong, but I personally don`t think he`ll do it.

If this happens then surely Tom Welling has to be in this for the steady pay check & nothing else ? Tom Welling will never get a successful movie career at this point. Smallville is going to be one of those shows where it just goes on & on & on until Warner Brothers loses the Superman rights & instead of ending it with dignity it will just be forced to end with a random episode due to them losing the rights when the time comes & not planning it correctly

So it would seem that the writers won't necessarily be using next season as a way to tie "Smallville" to the Superman mythos, if they contemplate going for a 9th season.

For this reason above all else I want this to be declared the last season.

After hearing the news that Chloe will be back for the entire freaking season I already fear they are going to stall and posture and waste screentime on stupid crap. They don't need another season as an excuse to keep the characters going in circles.

no season 9. lets put this sick puppy to sleep after season 8

If this happens then surely Tom Welling has to be in this for the steady pay check & nothing else ? Tom Welling will never get a successful movie career at this point. Smallville is going to be one of those shows where it just goes on & on & on until Warner Brothers loses the Superman rights & instead of ending it with dignity it will just be forced to end with a random episode due to them losing the rights when the time comes & not planning it correctly

Warner Bros. owns DC, so they'll never lose the rights to Superman.

Ostroff is just speculating, if ratings go down, which probably will, and Tom Welling says he's done, there should be no S9. They should've finished this season with the complete cast, but the CW is so desperate, they keep dragging the series without caring for its quality, they only care about money, same old story.

The only way you can a Season 9 of SV is if you do the series with Supergirl or just fast forward a few years and do the show with Conner or if the change the name and do a Superman series but this show is pushing it as is. SV should have ended this season and it is wearing out its welcome.

Their better not be a season 9, it's bad enough that their's a full 22 episode season 8 (Which means their will be alot of filler episodes .) Not to mention I think without Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor as a series regular, this series won't be as dynamic as it was with Lex.

At this point Clark should just become !@#$%^^&&* SUPERMAN ALREADY AND GET THE **** OUT OF FREAKING SMALLVILLE . :mad:

There should be a season 10 IMO and round it off with 10 even years of smallville. A decade. That would be cool.

Ok dude. No need to shout I can hear you quite fine.

No. They should have written Season 7 as the last one. Season 8 is pushing it but I'll still take it. Season 9 and I'm out of here.

hellllllll yeaaaaaaaaa bring on seseaon 9

this time in seseaon 9 Lana is with superpowers who has her own destiny while clark is still living in barn questionning his destiny

and by end of seseaon 9 clark says F66k this i m becoming a batman superman is just too homo

lex also makes an appearnce and he is Toyman

THE END

Unless they plan on putting Clark in the suit by then and change the name of the show to Metropolis, going for another season would be most ill advised. Just how much more can you stall clark's transformation into becoming superman? You've already lost Kristin, John, and Michael...yet for some reason, the CW just wants to keep on going as long as they have tom, who I hope doesn't sign on for another season after that, because Smallville as good as it was, and somewhat is now, needs to end with some dignity.

The TV show with the Title that says it all:

Eight is Enough :up:

i HIGLY doubt if there is seseaon 9 i m sure TW wants to move on with other movie career and he will be 32 next year

fo how long will they show him some young 20 yrs old

seseaon 8 is LAST and should be last episode

UNLESS they want to make spinoff on JIMMY olsen where clark as Superman makes an apperance

There should be a season 10 IMO and round it off with 10 even years of smallville. A decade. That would be cool.

while an interesting point, wouldn't it make more sense that it be 8 since they love integrating that into the show ...\8/

No. They should have written Season 7 as the last one. Season 8 is pushing it but I'll still take it. Season 9 and I'm out of here.

actually, i thought it would have been best if it ended with a blow out in season 6, where ZOD (the real zod, not zod in lex body), ken/barbie kryptonians and superman (not clark) go into a full blown battle royale.

when ZOD is destroying the world, clark realizes he can't fight them as clark because then everyone would know his secret, so he decides to don a suit and officially become superman.

now THAT...would have been the Ultimate ending to an awesome series.

No thanks on a Season 9.

Tess + Bloomsday - Lex - Lana = Enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"