Season 9 of Smallville ???

hellllllll yeaaaaaaaaa bring on seseaon 9

this time in seseaon 9 Lana is with superpowers who has her own destiny while clark is still living in barn questionning his destiny

and by end of seseaon 9 clark says F66k this i m becoming a batman superman is just too homo

lex also makes an appearnce and he is Toyman

THE END

I see great brilliance in your vision.

No thanks on a Season 9.

Tess + Bloomsday - Lex - Lana = Enough

Precisely. Even if season 8 is good, which I doubt, I still do not want a season 9.

i dont think smallville should go to 9. i love the show but think if they go to 9 they should just change the show to metropolis and make clark superman. it will get to the point where clark is going to be too old where he is still not superman but he is 30.

actually, i thought it would have been best if it ended with a blow out in season 6, where ZOD (the real zod, not zod in lex body), ken/barbie kryptonians and superman (not clark) go into a full blown battle royale.

when ZOD is destroying the world, clark realizes he can't fight them as clark because then everyone would know his secret, so he decides to don a suit and officially become superman.

now THAT...would have been the Ultimate ending to an awesome series.
to end it with superma nand a fight? nope this is nto smallville.
smallville needs to end with clark and lana crying :woot:

a ninth season ? What are they thinking ? Oh yes, they just want more and more money.
All that I want to see is an eight season with a last episode were Clark finally become superman. And I'm not even sure if the eight season won't be the season " too much " ( the last episodes after the very brilliant " descent " seems to answer my question by " Yes " )

season 9 should go like this bizarro shows up but looking very freakish and like his comic book version lex comes back and set up a new lab division kara and lana have a battle on a field justice league makes appearances there should be an appearance by the joker talking to lex about killing bruce wayne and setting up clark at the end of end of the first season 9 opener they should have darkseid voice talking and then the credits rolls

Oh come on! :whatever:

You all are on the Smallville thread constantly...

Who in their RIGHT mind wouldn't want to see this go to 9 or even 10 seasons if it was still GOOD.

I know that is a BIG "if" but it could happen. I hope it does!

Actually... since "Smallville" is also a well known nickname for Clark, the focus of the show could shift more and more OUT of the town...

Well, it could.

Aren't there STILL years that pass after Clark journeys from Smallville BEFORE the world meets Superman?

:)

This next season will tell...

Can they fill the void that Lex and Lana will leave? Can they shift the show so it can continue?

I personally HOPE so.
:woot:

Oh come on! :whatever:

You all are on the Smallville thread constantly...

Who in their RIGHT mind wouldn't want to see this go to 9 or even 10 seasons if it was still GOOD.

I know that is a BIG "if" but it could happen. I hope it does!

Actually... since "Smallville" is also a well known nickname for Clark, the focus of the show could shift more and more OUT of the town...

Well, it could.

Aren't there STILL years that pass after Clark journeys from Smallville BEFORE the world meets Superman?

:)

This next season will tell...

Can they fill the void that Lex and Lana will leave? Can they shift the show so it can continue?

I personally HOPE so.
:woot:

I agree. Mostly. Of course, if we could be guaranteed a consistently great show, then it should go on. The problem is that it's almost impossible to keep up a consistently good product. There's a better chance of it wearing out its welcome. And history has shown that any show that has such a dramatic shakeup like the one SV has experienced this off season, it's hard to bounce back.

Ideally, the show would've ended after season five and continue as a series of feature films. I bet that was the plan from the jump (remember GoughLar touting their "Five Year Plan"?)

I like your interpretation of the title "Smallville" though. I never got on board with renaming the show "Metropolis" like a lot of people want to do. The name "Smallville" essentially embodies everything about Clark, so even if most of the action takes place in Metropolis (which it has over the last few seasons anyway) it doesn't mean the name "Smallville" irrelevant.

i don't mind a season solely devoted to Metropolis and how Clark come across the suit

I'm bumping this thread after reading Marc Berman's PiFeedback forums tonight.

Looks like Season 9 is indeed being planned:

Mark Berman: They gave me such a hard time when I mentioned it in my webcast last Monday. Even Dawn Ostroff called me.

mushu_jj: Woah! Dopestroff must have some time on her hands. Does CBS let her do anything?

Mark Berman: I really like her. But the CW did say Smallville was ending.

metal: I'm confused. Did Dawn O. call to say SV was ending or that it wasn't ending?

Mark Berman: That is was NOT ending, but that is not what the network said last spring.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63310451/m/270100361/p/8

^ Look at this at a business standpoint. If Smallville continues to do better with the ratings with shows such as Gossip Girl or 90210, CW would be stupid not to give Smallville a 9th season.

I'm hoping Smallville ratings will actually increase if the show will continue with quality of the first two episodes.

Power of the word of mouth.

Take a good long look at Supernatural. Season 3 was great and season 3 finale was uncanny.

Word of Mouth and Supernatural's season 4 premiere did in ratings, the best result since it started being broadcast at CW. Almost 4 million.

And besides that, These first 10 episodes until November will CW the final conformation to plan season 9 or not, speaking in terms of ratings.

I'd love a ninth season if it actually becomes like Superman with the costume and all, more JL, Glasses, FLYING, bigger disasters, and either Lex or Darkseid. Damn...That'd be great

A ninth season wouldn't be good. Maybe a mini-series spinoff where it shows the storylines resolving into what we know as Superman. Just my opinion.
Eight is quite enough.

I think its all gonna come down to what Welling is going to do. If he wants to do another season, then they'll probably do another season.

Gotta say, the Kryptonsite quote disturbs me a little bit.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63310451/m/270100361/p/8

I run KryptonSite.com and I never reported the "ending at midseason" thing... the show always had a full 22 episode order for Season 8.

I think the only thing that has changed - and not necessarily as a result of the ratings - is that the show's new producers would like to do a ninth season if the opportunity presents itself. Some of the actors, like Allison Mack, are already contracted for that eventuality. They don't have Tom Welling yet (as far as I know) but I would think they're grooming Justin Hartley's Green Arrow as a potential lead replacement.

...I myself would prefer a name change if the leads changed, like when the Practice became Boston Legal, but "Smallville" has become such a huge brand for WBTV it's no surprise they'd want to keep it going.

I remember when the Practice ended, and it was the absolute worst ending to a formally good TV series that I've ever seen. The whole thing was just a setup for Boston Legal. If the Smallville producers end up spending most of this season or the next trying to once again ****e off another spinoff, instead of focusing on Clark Kent, I'm gonna be royally pissed.

I'm bumping this thread after reading Marc Berman's PiFeedback forums tonight.

Looks like Season 9 is indeed being planned:

Sounds like Dawn wanted it dead and must now atone for that.

well if there was a 9th season and tom didnt sign back i bet the show would be dropped from being smallville, and they would then turn it into an actual spin off form GA and/or the jla. But from all the reports/interviews it looks like tom is really enjoying the change in the show and if we know by mid season if they want a 9th or not he will probably sign then. He is probably just waiting to see how a majority of episodes go before he commits and to see if their are even given another season.

I don't care how good S8 is, enough is enough! Clark is almost Superman, he's going to fly later in the season so only the suit will be missing. Once he puts the suit on, the show should be over since that's endgame, the journey of CK becoming Superman is completed. Why drag that moment one more freaking season? Two more years to finally complete the journey? Is just ridiculous! People thinking a Superman show (CK wearing the suit) could be an option are dreaming, it won't happen because of the movie in development, just the way the business works.

yea i still think the show will end this year and if ratings stay good and the network is still afloat they will finally green lit ga solo show.

Hey Mikelus? I agree but what if he does become Superman? And thats the ninth season would you watch it then??

^^ Well, if WB gets extremely generous and changes its policy regarding shows and movies.... of course I'll watch it! Even SV haters will! :woot:

Lol niceee. I'm really hoping that's what happens, and i wont lie.. I'd rather have more seasons like that then another Superman movie that might not be as good

well talking about superman movies we dont even know who is the director/writers, and the crew/cast yet for superman reboot untill wb officiallys reveals who they picked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"