Supergirl Season Three: Tell them what ya want?

Maybe, but now that she has a gig on "Riverdale" that might be a problem getting her....OR because they are all filmed in Vancouver, maybe it won't be a problem getting her.... ;)

I don't think we'd get Silver Banshee either, as Italia Ricci is on Designated Survivor now. I'm not sure I'd like to see her going back to playing a villain on Supergirl either, as she's cute on her other show.

Cyborg Superman didn't look good but was exponentially better than the the two being discussed from S1 (AND Silver Banshee), imo. At least in terms of aesthetics. Because they simply didn't attempt much with him.

Overall I was fine with Silver Banshees look though it would have benefited from a slight cgi feel to it.

At least with Cyborg Superman than can continue his enhancements...with RT, SB and Indigo were just poor in their "look" performance wise they were fine (except SB really began to get on my nerves) but their "look" really took away from their performances IMO.

Agreed about Silver Banshee, Kelly. I'm not into the whole "b****y mean girl" type of villain. They get old really fast. The only reason I'm ok with Livewire coming back is just because she appeared to reach a crossroads in her last appearance.

I REALLY hope they don't go in that direction with Reign, though I doubt they will based on the comics and what they've been saying about her character lately. She sounds like she'll be someone on a "Frankenstein's monster"-esque existential journey, and I'm here for that.

I am really looking forward to Reign's story.....I'm hearing so many different things about her having a daughter, that playing into her turning into a villain, how Kara fits into all of that...etc.

I'm a little worried that Psi is going to be a one and done villain, I hope I'm wrong about that, but they wrapped ep. 2 yesterday and the actress playing Psi left Vancouver. Hopefully she will be back at some point.

I honestly just assumed Psi was a villain-of-the-week.

Reign has a daughter???

I honestly just assumed Psi was a villain-of-the-week.

Reign has a daughter???

That is what I'm hearing....

Psi is way too cool of a villain and being Supergirl's oldest villain doesn't seem right to have her as a one and done.

That is what I'm hearing....

Psi is way too cool of a villain and being Supergirl's oldest villain doesn't seem right to have her as a one and done.
Well you could say the same for some of Superman's far more famous villains they've wasted, so I wouldn't expect any different for a rather obscure Supergirl villain.

Well you could say the same for some of Superman's far more famous villains they've wasted, so I wouldn't expect any different for a rather obscure Supergirl villain.

Well, she's not as obscure as she was considering she is in the Supergirl comic arc right now. :yay:

As far as the daughter stuff....I think some are getting it from this video and people talking on the set.

https://twitter.com/mariimaki/status/890357043126706176

I think one of the scenarios is that Supergirl isn't there in time to save her and she gets hurt or something and that sets Reign off....it's all just speculation. Who knows....

Well, she's not as obscure as she was considering she is in the Supergirl comic arc right now. :yay:

As far as the daughter stuff....I think some are getting it from this video and people talking on the set.

https://twitter.com/mariimaki/status/890357043126706176

I think one of the scenarios is that Supergirl isn't there in time to save her and she gets hurt or something and that sets Reign off....it's all just speculation. Who knows....
Still obscure compared to other villains they've used, though.

I actually don't like the sounds of that Reign stuff, tbh. It feels like they're contriving reasons for her to hate Supergirl that any villain could have, as opposed to her more distinctive journey/motivations from the comics. It's like they're trying to make her a more generic villain.

Agreed about Silver Banshee, Kelly. I'm not into the whole "b****y mean girl" type of villain. They get old really fast. The only reason I'm ok with Livewire coming back is just because she appeared to reach a crossroads in her last appearance.

I REALLY hope they don't go in that direction with Reign, though I doubt they will based on the comics and what they've been saying about her character lately. She sounds like she'll be someone on a "Frankenstein's monster"-esque existential journey, and I'm here for that.

With Livewire, the arrogant dj personality worked. But they really were generic with Silver Banshees characterization. DC really upped their game with Silver Banshee in the comics making her a tragic character but Supergirl really went the generic route.

Still obscure compared to other villains they've used, though.

I actually don't like the sounds of that Reign stuff, tbh. It feels like they're contriving reasons for her to hate Supergirl that any villain could have, as opposed to her more distinctive journey/motivations from the comics. It's like they're trying to make her a more generic villain.

I have no idea....all of it is speculation...so my mind is open until I see the episodes.....I'm not going to speculate myself into a frenzy this season. I did that last season, and I think it made some of the episodes not as enjoyable to the first viewing, ie..... "Darkest Places" that episode has actually become one of my favorite episodes but the speculation of Guardian taking up so much screen time etc...really made me hate it on the first viewing. I don't want to do that again this season.

"Darkest Places" became a fave of yours, Kelly? That surprises me. I remember how much you hated it on first viewing, lol. It's had the opposite effect with me - I was one of the few I liked it a lot when it first aired but now not so much. I think my disappointment in their later handling of the Mon-El/Kara romance sullied how much I enjoyed their scenes in that ep, unfortunately. So between fast-forwarding through the Guardian scenes AND those, there's just not much left in the ep for me to enjoy anymore. I still liked the taste we got of Lillian's twisted worldview, though.

I will speculate a little on Alura....I think she has a far bigger role this season than just AI stuff and in Kara's dreams....I don't see Erica Durance coming off of being the lead in a series just last season (it was canceled after 4 seasons, but still she was the lead) to come on and not be a big part in this season. If it were just AI stuff, they could have set that up for Laura to have done those scenes in New York. So I'm hoping for something big to come from that....

"Darkest Places" became a fave of yours, Kelly? That surprises me. I remember how much you hated it on first viewing, lol. It's had the opposite effect with me - I was one of the few I liked it a lot when it first aired but now not so much.

Oh, I was pissed....but it didn't have a lot of emo crap in it as in romance stuff, and I ended up really liking the dialogue in it...and I loved Alex going off on Maggie for some reason. I think I felt Alex's hurt right along with her, and it felt good her going off on Maggie...lol

edit: and the fact that I can FF through all of the Guardian stuff.... :)

I agree about Alura's importance, but I know it won't lead to what I would wish for (New Krypton), so I'm a little wary about what it could be with these writers, lol.

EDIT: I agree the Alex/Maggie stuff was good in "Darkest Places."

Yeah, I want New Krypton as well....we shall see.

I want them to recreate the famous shot from the comics. The one where Reign just beats the everloving crap out of Kara and leaves her hanging up for everyone to see.

Kelly already beat me to it on that one, but it's still a cool idea.

Actually that was on the ruins of Argo City, so there was no one left alive to see that.

Actually that was on the ruins of Argo City, so there was no one left alive to see that.

:huh: doesn't mean they can't do it...the same as the iconic Superman holding Supergirl. Those were on other planets or dimensions, but they were still able to bring it to TV.

More info on the next cross-over.
The CW has set Nov. 27 and 28 for the annual crossover event involving its DC Comics shows. “Arrow” will move out of its regular Thursday home to 9 p.m. Monday on Nov. 27, following “Supergirl.”
The crossover will wrap up the following night with “The Flash” and “Legends of Tomorrow.”
“We felt in this particular case we had ‘Flash’ and ‘Legends’paired. It would be better and tighter to do it like a [four]-hour miniseries,” CW president Mark Pedowitz told reporters Wednesday at the summer TV press tour.
“We thought this was the best way to go. We had a lot of conversations with producers and marketing people. Next year, we might go back to four nights.”
Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) was a part of last season’s crossover, but “Supergirl” the show didn’t carry much of the story. Pedowitz says this season’s story will be different: “It will be a full, four-episode crossover.”
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mo...-crossover-coming-to-the-cw-in-late-november/

Didn't they cast a Jane the Virgin regular in the role? It seems like more of a one off to serve as cross promotion between CW shows than the start of recurring appearances. However, a psychic villain would have been good to return and challenge Kara from time to time.

I would like it better if some of these villains would survive the episode or the overall arc. Like Livewire, there is potential for the villain coming back and always being a threat in the distance that could come back at anytime.

I would like it better if some of these villains would survive the episode or the overall arc. Like Livewire, there is potential for the villain coming back and always being a threat in the distance that could come back at anytime.
In a perfect world your right but we live in the real world. Filming in Vancouver when most actors are based in LA makes reoccurring characters both good and bad a challenge. With rare exceptions like Calista Flockhart if actors aren't working they're looking for work or working on as many projects as they can. This is probably one of the reasons CW tends to use the same actors on different shows, so they can give them more work to make trips to Vancouver more productive. Brit Morgan (Livewire) and Yael Grobglas (Psi) are working on other CW shows so I hope we can have these two villains popping up in multiple seasons.

Every hero needs a balance of villains; nemesis, arcs of various lengths, and one and done. Kara has a nemesis in Lillian Luthor. I believe it was confirmed that Cadmus is still a threat. To me a nemesis shows up in five or so episodes. No reason why both Cadmus and Reign can't be causing trouble in the same episode. Livewire, Roulette, and I'm hoping Psi are like once a season reoccurring threats, not nemesis level but persistent thorns in Kara's side. By signing Odette Annabelle a regular the producers have Reign set to be a season long arc threat. Some one and done villains are necessary to move other parts of the season along but many villains on the show like Mxy do have the potential to come back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"