Second opinions on Fable?

Mankar Camoran

Civilian
Reaction score
When Fable first came out, everyone (myself included) liked to trash it for what wasn't there rather than what was there, and while I considered it to be a "decent" game, I pretty much just tossed it aside after one play through. However, I picked up The Lost Chapters not that long ago and have been playing it, and I can't believe I didn't fall in love with this game, it gets so many things perfect that I don't think I'll be able to put it down until the 2nd one comes out. Has anyone else revisited Fable and had a lot more fun with it without the "Project Ego" hype hanging over it?

Fable was a great game. If only it wasn't hyped to the seventh sky more people would have loved it. It's the perfect example of too much hype killing a game regardless of how good it is.

Yeah, I agree, the game just had way too much to live up to. The same thing happened to me with Oblivion, I just hyped that game way to high, and I had to take a huge break from it and come back to it to really enjoy it. I love the Lost Chapters though, the game just feels so much....better. They actually added much more content, just a few extra spells/weapons/clothing, a town, and I guess 10-15 smaller quests, and all of the added content is top notch stuff, not just tacked on. I have very high hopes for Fable 2 now. The Fable team has much more experience now, and Peter Molyneux is actually working directly on it rather than just being producer/mouth peice.

The sequel looks like it will be great :O

And Im a big fan of the first even though it could have been better

Yeah, I went back and played this afew weeks ago. It's an awesome game.

It was a good game, but wasn't groundbreaking like Molyneux said it would be, and it was incredibly overhyped. That's the problem with it. Lost Chapters was really good too, because of the dragon fight at the end. The whole mission they added there was probably the best in the game, and I can't believe they cut it out the first time around.

This game was pretty cool, albeit I didn't touch it after playing for 7 hours straight - it got too boring.

If I could find it, I'd play it again.

I typically HATE RPG's but my buddy told me to try this out and iv been playing the hell out of it ever since. Deff looking towards Fable 2...and i havent finished 1 yet.

Loved it. This game really got me hooked into rpgs. I wasn't interested in it first time around so I missed all the hype. I felt it was great. It felt more like a superhero rpg than anything else.

loved the first one. just too damn short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"