Sequel subtitles: Yay or nay?

Iron Man: Sins of the Fathers

Hehe, like the Spider-Man TAS season.

I like the subtitles. They remind me of comics. They also make me feel like the series will continue (unlimited and not just be another trilogy).

Specifically, Thor: The Dark World sounded kinda cheesy but I still love it. Got me doin all kinds of speculation.

With Captain America: The Winter Soldier it kinda solidified what i figured the story would be about but I'm still free to speculate how it will play out.

Should be great movies. What will Thor 3 and Cap 3 subtitles be?

Thor: Inferno

249px-Thorvs.Surtur.jpg

Captain America: Evil is Back

12871.jpg

If they wanted to really be like the comics, we'll be having Thor #2 and Captain America #2

As lpng as they don't switch style midway, I don't care. Should the first Thor retroactivly get a subtitle too like A New Hope did?

I think yes. thats a great idea. I like, Thor: Asgard's Avenger

but cannot think of anything else.

Usually, subtitles sound cliché and worse than numbers. I like it when they use "Part" because it makes the story bigger and more connected.

Usually, subtitles sound cliché and worse than numbers. I like it when they use "Part" because it makes the story bigger and more connected.

It makes them sound low budget and B-movie to me.

Thor: The Dark World sounds like a 1950s serial, not like a major motion picture with a $150-200 M budget.

Sorry Kangy, Disagree.

Subtitles are associated with some of the top grossing movies of all time. Are you trying to tell me The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sound like B-movies? Those sound like grade A franchise movies to me, regardless of whether or not the subtitles are actually good. (Dark of the Moon? Really?)

They could at least try to not use words like 'rise', 'dawn', 'return', 'dark' or 'fall'.

Sorry Kangy, Disagree.

Subtitles are associated with some of the top grossing movies of all time. Are you trying to tell me The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sound like B-movies? Those sound like grade A franchise movies to me, regardless of whether or not the subtitles are actually good. (Dark of the Moon? Really?)

Never mind that only two or three of those movies were actually good...

Either variation is fine by me as long as they don't suddenly decide to change it half way through that franchise. I actually have a slight preference to subtitles as it teases what the film could be about and adds to the speculation. The only glaring downfall I see is the problem of what order to watch them in, say if they do manage to create 20+ or so.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a B-movie!!!

i'm sick of numbered sequels.. thor 7 is dumb. "prince of thunder", "Prince of asgard" is fine by me.. (political complications would probably prevent any title from being branded as "g*d of thunder"...)

Never mind that only two or three of those movies were actually good...

Who said anything about good movies? I'm just saying that none of those are, or sound like b-movies. Subtitles are associated with big franchise movies.

I don't really have a problem with them using subtitles or numbers. However, I do not like Thor: The Dark World at all.. Captain America: The Winter Soldier sounds a thousand times better than the Thor one.

But oh well, The movie content is really all that matters in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"