Sequels Set the tone...

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
One thing that has been over obvious, in not just the Spidey trilogy, but also from the X-Men movies and Batman Begins, is realism.

I know, you can go so far with realism, when you are dealing with comic characters, but Raimi, Nolan and Singer, all have tried to keep it realistic in there movies to the best they could and set it in real world environment.

SO my post goes as this. How would you turn some Spidey villains into a realistic adaptation?

Meaning, how would you work them out to realistically work in a movie and that means costume, powers, etc...

-Shocker
-Vulture
-Carnage
-Kravin
-Mysterio
-Rhino
-Scorpion
-etc...

How would you treat and work there characters out to be adapted into a realistic version of there comic counterparts in a movie?

One thing that has been over obvious, in not just the Spidey trilogy, but also from the X-Men movies and Batman Begins, is realism.

I know, you can go so far with realism, when you are dealing with comic characters, but Raimi, Nolan and Singer, all have tried to keep it realistic in there movies to the best they could and set it in real world environment.

SO my post goes as this. How would you turn some Spidey villains into a realistic adaptation?

Meaning, how would you work them out to realistically work in a movie and that means costume, powers, etc...

-Shocker
-Vulture
-Carnage
-Kravin
-Mysterio
-Rhino
-Scorpion
-etc...

How would you treat and work there characters out to be adapted into a realistic version of there comic counterparts in a movie?
oooo, this sounds interesting I'll post something in the morning since I'm too tired now, nice thread.:yay:

Thanks, i been thinking this one up for a few days now, just had time to post it now.

I got some ideas of my own too. So i want some time to type it all out.

For Mysterio I would totally love to see something along the lines of keith_v's drawing

mysteriocoloredpicsmallbi3.jpg

Read my Spider-Man screenplays, these villains are easy to adapt- they all fit, more or less, just not the likes of Goldbug.

Scorpion? The following is a rough draft of a concept I had to implement Scorpion into a film. It's not exactly a script. More like an AIM conversation.

Turtle_man (5:28:09 PM): If I were to write it, Peter would know Mac.

Turtle_man (5:28:19 PM): The beginning of the show would be a bit like those of the first two movies.

Turtle_man (5:28:34 PM): He'd be introduced to a friend named Malcolm Gargan (a guy in his mid 30's). Malcolm/Mac has been a detective for a few years. They get to know each other a bit in some fashion, with Malcolm meeting MJ and Aunt May once or twice.

Turtle_man (5:28:58 PM): But JJ is getting fed up with Spider-Man.

Turtle_man (5:29:10 PM): He wants to know who Spider-Man is.

Turtle_man (5:29:19 PM): It wouldn't be a matter of "How does Pete get those photos"?

Turtle_man (5:29:25 PM): After all, Eddie got his fair share of photos.

Turtle_man (5:29:54 PM): I'll be back

Turtle_man (5:31:42 PM): Peter, knowing Mac is a detective, dons the suit once in a while to help Mac.

Turtle_man (5:31:54 PM): Gargan then converses with Spider-Man.

Turtle_man (5:32:10 PM): After Spider-Man has helped Gargan with all of these crimes, he ends up being the only one without a case.

Turtle_man (5:32:37 PM): JJ calls him in, and tells him about the circumstances.

Turtle_man (5:32:54 PM): At first, Mac refuses.

Turtle_man (5:35:13 PM): When Peter happens to walk into the office, Mac asks how he gets those photos.

Turtle_man (5:35:38 PM): Pete tells him Spider-Man allows him to take his photos, but he doesn't buy it.

Turtle_man (5:35:53 PM): Spider-Man always seems to disappear before the press can get a photo of him.

Turtle_man (5:38:06 PM): JJ tells him about using the suit to battle crime, with an accelerated salary, and stop Spider-Man from harming innocent people. He reluctantly accepts, and is told of an experimental technology they are working on in conjunction with "name military industry here" to create a powerful suit to replicate Spidey's powers, and help defend the city.

Turtle_man (5:38:16 PM): JJ has his own motives, though.

Turtle_man (5:39:55 PM): Mac takes the suit, and formula, and goes through a series of vigorous tests. He learns about the suit as he goes along.

Turtle_man (5:40:04 PM): He tests his own mental health, and physical abilitiesl.

Turtle_man (5:40:07 PM): abilities*

Turtle_man (5:40:16 PM): Everything seems enhanced, including his own mental capacity.

Turtle_man (5:40:47 PM): He agrees to confront Spider-Man about his identity.

Turtle_man (5:41:27 PM): JJ, thinking he's a funny guy, names him the Scorpion as scorpions prey on spiders, and the tail is more of an indication of that than anything else.

Turtle_man (5:42:16 PM): Scorpion goes around the city, but, rather than finding Spidey, is always sidetracked by crime, and such.

Turtle_man (5:42:45 PM): As this happens, the sideeffect kicks in, and he slowly becomes more agressive, losing stability.

Turtle_man (5:43:21 PM): This happens between him being Mac and being the Scorpion.

Turtle_man (5:43:45 PM): The sideeffect confuses him at times, and he has headaches, and memory lapses. At this point, he is still communicating with friends and family. Things begin to worsen tremendously, though.

Turtle_man (5:44:07 PM): Later on, he's walking down the street, and runs into a person being beaten by a thug.

Turtle_man (5:44:22 PM): He goes after the thug, his aggression and confusion overwhelm him, and he kills the thug.

Turtle_man (5:44:48 PM): The other man looks at him, and tries to call 911, but panicking to keep himself clear of charges, and with bad judgement, Mac wounds him severely. The man later dies in hospital.

Turtle_man (5:45:01 PM): The police arrive, and Mac flees.

Turtle_man (5:45:34 PM): Realizing what he's done, and with his mind going back and forth between realities, he dons the suit and tells himself he can't go back to his old life.

Turtle_man (5:46:02 PM): All the while, his goals have become more than just goals.

Turtle_man (5:46:05 PM): They've become obsessions.

Turtle_man (5:46:20 PM): He begins to lose sight of the differences between right and wrong, and he proceeds to hunt after Spider-Man, hurting anyone who interferes, and killing criminals.

Turtle_man (5:47:06 PM): When he confronts Spider-Man, and they battle, Spidey convinces him he must stop, and he snaps out of it for a second. He looks at Spider-Man and tells him he was given the task of hunting him down, and he's beginning to lose sight of everything else. He fears he can not return to his family, and his life, and breaks down.

Turtle_man (5:47:17 PM): He then realizes all of this madness was JJ's fault, and begins to hallucinate. He believes he was trapped in the suit to keep him locked away from everyone else, and his life was meant to be destroyed. He believes he can not remove the suit, and he is too much of a beast to take any of his actions back.

Turtle_man (5:47:53 PM): He flees.

Turtle_man (5:48:24 PM): He then tries to attempt to go back to his old life with his family, but after they've learned about his actions, they reject him.

Turtle_man (5:48:52 PM): He loses the rest of his mind, attacks his wife (does not kill her, but threatens her with a knife), and goes after Jameson, rage filling his mind.

Turtle_man (5:50:22 PM): Spider-Man intervenes, and Spider-Man knocks Scorpion unconscious.

Turtle_man (5:50:32 PM): Scorpion is arrested (wait, it's not the end).

Turtle_man (5:50:59 PM): When he wakes up, there's this vivid sequence where Mac (although in prison clothes) still believes he's in the Scorpion suit.

Turtle_man (5:51:58 PM): He attempts to escape, and, while running through the building, he finds the suit.

Turtle_man (5:52:38 PM): Realizing he's warping back and forth between what is real, and what is not, he takes the suit once more, knowing it is his only means of continuing (although struggling with this fact).

Turtle_man (5:52:40 PM): I'll continue later.

Turtle_man (5:53:00 PM): I've got to run to the liquor place for something later.

Turtle_man (5:53:02 PM): See you

Neo a anderson (5:53:08 PM): c ya, awesome story so far

Turtle_man (6:08:30 PM): Okay, back

Turtle_man (6:08:32 PM): :O

Turtle_man (6:09:56 PM): Scorpion then waits as Spider-Man captures a group of bank robbers.

Turtle_man (6:10:18 PM): Once the thugs are captured, Spidey swings away, but is struck in mid-air by the Scorpion.

Turtle_man (6:17:26 PM): The suit is what lets Scorpion climb, right?

Turtle_man (6:17:52 PM): I'm guessing he isn't Superman.

Neo a anderson (6:18:12 PM): Yea, his nails are super sharp and dig inside hard rock

Neo a anderson (6:18:18 PM): its*

Turtle_man (6:18:22 PM): Okay.

Turtle_man (6:18:26 PM): I've got a good idea for his death.

Turtle_man (6:18:33 PM): Damn, right? I'm going to kill him off?

Turtle_man (6:18:35 PM): Yes. :p

Neo a anderson (6:18:42 PM): GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Turtle_man (6:19:18 PM): Scorpion pursues Spidey on the walls, the streets, following him along the rooftops and such.

Turtle_man (6:19:38 PM): It's like a car chase, lol. They interact, punch each other, Spidey tries to web him, but Scorpion breaks free.

Turtle_man (6:21:52 PM): He continues to pursue Spidey along New York, and reaches the top of a building. He knocks Spidey to the ground, ready to kill him.

Turtle_man (6:23:30 PM): Spidey webs him, and throws him backward, smashing an electrical tower (which happens to be on the building. Some are, you know), electricuting him, causing a powerful explosion, and breaking apart sections of the suit (he's not dead yet).

Turtle_man (6:23:50 PM): Scorpion's mask is torn off, and as he slowly picks himself up, Spidey looks at him and realized it's Gargan

Turtle_man (6:24:33 PM): He takes his mask off and tells him not to do this, and that he can change, and fix his life.

Turtle_man (6:27:22 PM): Gargan, lost in all of the commotion, his own thoughts, and the beliefs that Spidey is lying, charges toward Spidey, and they continue their battle on the rooftop. Gargan and Spidey continue to go at it, all while punching the rooftop, and breaking up parts of the building. Gargan looks at Spidey, an expression of pure insanity on his face. He lunges toward Spidey, and Peter jumps up, and knocks him off the rooftop. First, Gargan hits the edge of the building, breaking it off.

Turtle_man (6:27:49 PM): As he falls, debris fall, and paddle him around.

Turtle_man (6:28:07 PM): He realizes his claws are gone, and he can't attach himself to the wall any longer. In an in-and-out of reality sequence from Mac's point of view, he's seemingly lost his wife and family to the people who were responsible for his transformation (his memories are blending into a mess). At the last moment, his eyes widen as he realizes his suffering has ended.

Turtle_man (6:28:36 PM): His suit is destroyed, and his arms have been damaged.

Turtle_man (6:29:03 PM): Spidey, in panic, goes after Gargan, jumping off the building, and trying to get closer.

Turtle_man (6:29:47 PM): As Spidey yells after Gargan, Mac lands on a car, causing an explosion.

Turtle_man (6:31:02 PM): Spidey lands, and looks at Gargan. The Scorpion suit is half-destroyed, and the police are soon arriving. He peers into his eyes, and he can see no expression besides anger.

Turtle_man (6:31:22 PM): He shakes his head, and swings away.

Turtle_man (6:32:13 PM): Cue the rest of the movie (I only thought up the part involving the Scorpion. This will act as a subplot, while Peter has his main plot, and such).

Turtle_man (6:32:45 PM): But that's pretty much how Gargan becomes Scorpion, and dies. I'm not sure what sort of struggle Peter will have to go through in this one.

Turtle_man (6:32:51 PM): Anyway, yeah.

Neo a anderson (6:33:19 PM): *Saves to word so he can use it later to make Spider-man 5 at Sony*

Turtle_man (6:33:27 PM): lol

Neo a anderson (6:33:38 PM): Muauahahahaha. Plagerism!

Turtle_man (6:34:00 PM): If it becomes a movie, I'll be happy... even if you stole my idea lol.

Neo a anderson (6:34:17 PM): Lol. That is a fantastic idea for a movie

Neo a anderson (6:34:34 PM): Are you Frank Miller?

And a Scorpion concept? I wanted to give it a Spidey-esque feeling.

Scorpion_wallpaper.jpg

Electro idea:

His costume is just like the Stan Lee costume except for two minor details.

1. The green part is darker, or more metallic.
2. The Lightning bolts on his outfit are actual electricity. Basically, Electro would just wear a black cowl and armor. The Electricity effects would be actual bolts of lightning sparking and making cracking noises.

So the overall look would be the same, but cooler, since...well what was once just a goofy mask, will now be thousands of volts of Electric charge.

Read my Spider-Man screenplays, these villains are easy to adapt- they all fit, more or less, just not the likes of Goldbug.

I did enjoy your take on Mysterio.

Electro i had a bit of a problem with, cause the way you describ his attire, i didnt really think fit.

But one im hopeing somebody tries to tackle is Shocker. I would love to think how he should be portrayed.

I did enjoy your take on Mysterio.

Electro i had a bit of a problem with, cause the way you describ his attire, i didnt really think fit.

But one im hopeing somebody tries to tackle is Shocker. I would love to think how he should be portrayed.

I think I've got this perfect way to set up the Shocker's part of the film. It is, however, another "not-so-bad guy villain" kind of concept.

Herman Schultz was a talented engineer who sacrificed his entire life to create a technology that could help ease the difficulties of mining. Although he had a not-so-pleasant life outside of his work (his work was always put before his family/friends), he found a passion with pursuing his ideas.

He had spent years researching and studying in the field, and had planned to gain wealth, and fame with the help of Oscorp. Oscorp had funded his entire project, hoping his technology would bring back their fortunes. Herman had wished to become wealthy, retire, live a happy life, and try to repair his relationship with his wife, and family.

With Oscorp having nothing left (Harry's death, poor management, loss of funds after the Doc Ock incident) , going bankrupt, they unexpectedly shut down the project, and cut Schultz' funding to preserve any money they had left. Schultz, having felt betrayed, was outraged. Later that week, Schultz attempted to persuade Oscorp to continue funding the project he had spent his blood, sweat, and tears working on. They, however, could do nothing, and dismissed him. Herman Schultz's hard work had gone nowhere. He felt as though his studies were a waste of time, and he had been manipulated by Oscorp into thinking his project even meant anything to anyone. He fell into a depression.

Schultz was left with nothing, he also lost the support from everyone around him. His wife abandoned him, his broken family shunned away from him, and he had no money to live on. Angered, and depressed, he used the technology to break into Oscorp. He killed everyone inside.

Having killed so many people, and being on the run, he felt hopeless. With no money, no support, and no life, Schultz broke down. He couldn't do anything to restore his life, so he turned to crime. He decided this was his only way to gain money, and make a living. That was the only way he could survive. For the remainder of the film, Shocker pretty much only commits crime to survive. He grows into quite the greedy, narcissistic, self-centered man, though, and becomes enraged by anyone who tries to slow down his attempt to get back what he 'rightfully deserved', and what had been taken away from him (his life, his fortunes, everything). This, coupled with his aggressive behavior, his poor attitude (due to his terrible background), his depression, and his ambitious wish to live, makes him deadly.

Maybe someone can improve on my concept. I think it works better than the "I'm just a guy who likes to rob banks" concept from the comics. Above is pretty much just the origin story. Right now, I'm leaving the resolution open for everyone else's interpretation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"