Seth McFarlane's "The Orville"

Probably a mix of both. Their kids age more quickly but I think at least a year or two passed by on the series. I haven't seen any kind of official timeline for it.

Claire’s kids are only slightly older so I assume Bortus’ species age quicker

These extra long episodes feel like a marathon for those of us who have Hulu with ads. :o

Great to see Leighton Meester's character again in the latest episode, but it was also a rather sad one.

I would've liked to have seen Ed and Kelly debate over their actions a bit more and whether they were doing the right thing in bringing Gordon back now that he had a family and had settled there. In Deep Space Nine the crew questioned whether they should leave a planet they crashed on which gave birth to many generations of offspring. They decided they couldn't erase those people even though it was caused by a change to the time line. But then their hand was forced by Odo.

Also didn't seem all that realistic that 2015 Gordon so easily accepted it when they explained it to him later on. He should've been more angry that a whole life and love was stolen away from him. I also thought that 2025 Gordon might have found a way to send a message to 2015 Gordon to warn him of what was going to happen.

Yeah I miss swing Leighton. And what an episode! I’m going to be thinking about this for ages. I think I’m just going to have to live with the ethical impurity of this that it really was the only most ethical option of lots of really bad ethical decisions. Still, it’s the sort of decision that would keep me up at night

I totally see why they are so strict on temporal law. The butterfly effect on a temporal scale could be massive. It's far too easy to just nudge history a little bit in one direction and then you end up with a genocidal maniac that originally didn't exist. Or you go to prevent such a genocidal maniac from ever being born and it results in an even worse person taking control instead wiping out humanity.

That being said, I think they left the implications open enough that an alternate timeline does exist where Gordon stays and raises his family. Whether that leads to a wildly altered present (for them) is something they can explore in the future or just leave it open to fan interpetation.

sft2a1othyc91.png

that was a great cameo, but there was some serious onions being cut in this ep, and damn Bortus was a bad ass in this damn!

Another movie-like feature length episode. Now the Kaylon have joined the Union after the Krill and Moclans have formed an alliance. Sad to see Ensign Burke go as I would've liked to see her develop more.

Next week is the finale. Hopefully not the last ever episode though.

What a superb ending. It’s so rare to see a show so determined to unite humanity like this.

and oh my gosh that stripper scene lol. What a treat

Was funny to see the entire Kaylon race show up for Isaac and Claire's wedding and Bortus doing his Elvis impression or his best man speech. Although it would be a good place to end, I hope we get more seasons out of this show.

At this point I have a hard time believing that this show isn't cancelled.

Ah what a shame. But they preserved the integrity of it and kept it at a high standard. And four seasons is really good for a show

They had a bad string of events. Fox moved them to Hulu in 2019 then COVID happened and we had two strikes this year so the prospects aren't good.

I'm happy with what we got with Orville because we got three seasons at least. Some shows don't even get past the one. Especially live-action sci-fi shows like this which are usually underdogs anyway.

What I enjoyed about this series the most is that I found it better as a sci-fi series than as a comedy.

I need to get back into this only watched the first season.

I need to get back into this only watched the first season.

You've missed out. The first season isn't really representative of the show at all. It's almost as if the first season was a necessity or a Trojan horse to get his foot in the door in the form of a typical Seth McFarlane comedy. But that's not really what the Orville is like at all from season 2 onwards and especially season 3. In fact in season 3 there are many episodes where there is no comedy at all but a straight up homage to Star Trek. It's virtually Star Trek TNG in all but name with many episodes being pure drama.

You've missed out. The first season isn't really representative of the show at all. It's almost as if the first season was a necessity or a Trojan horse to get his foot in the door in the form of a typical Seth McFarlane comedy. But that's not really what the Orville is like at all from season 2 onwards and especially season 3. In fact in season 3 there are many episodes where there is no comedy at all but a straight up homage to Star Trek. It's virtually Star Trek TNG in all but name with many episodes being pure drama.

To be fair, the first season got pretty serious at times also and towards the end the comedy definitely lowered. I am gonna get back to the show at some point.

Orville will air at 9PM Thursday night with Gotham lead-in. Promotional images for the Pilot:

67tq34.jpg

aewqxs.jpg

The%2BOrville%2B-%2BEpisode%2B1.01%2B-%2BPilot%2B-%2BPromotional%2BPhoto.jpg

Why does this look so much like a Star Trek rip-off?
It's supposed to be a parody of Star Trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"