Seth McFarlane's "The Orville"

I wouldn't be surprised if this season was the last. The three year period between seasons killed the momentum.

I think PIcard and Discovery have done well in the fact that they are so bad, people still want some non Kurtzman Star Trek. So the Orville will fill the void until Paramount figures out Kurtzman is not good for Star Trek.

The Orville lost a lot of momentum with the pandemic and move to Hulu, then these added delays. The wrap up for a third season at least sounds like they planned ahead and won't leave us hanging.

All those hysterics for nothing:

New season streaming on Hulu in June.

Yeah, we knew there'd be a third season but beyond that isn't looking so likely.

So if you're getting at least one more season, not the end of the world. If it was a show I loved, I'd be grateful to get that one final season.

With streaming content and IP the way it is now, there's always a chance it could return somewhere else down the line.

So did anybody watch the premiere?

Yes. Definitely feels more Star Trek than current actual Star Trek shows even like Strange New Worlds. It was also very low on comedy and high on drama this week.

I did prefer the original orchestration of the theme though than this version.

The new Ensign Charley Burke seems interesting.

Yeah really cool visuals. I like the new fighter and seeing the shipyard. Good episode overall.

the flashback to the kaylon war was awesome as it was in the first look wow!

Incredible first episode! Great visuals and didn’t shy away from important themes and I love the new character. Really off to a great start

The only criticism would be about the doctor letting her son curse at her. I was expecting a slap, a "wait till we are alone", or something to reprimand him.

What did everyone think of The Orville’s version of Alien?

What did everyone think of The Orville’s version of Alien?

Definitely tense and scary at times, as were some TNG episodes. It also reminded me a bit of First Contact. It was a far cry from the first season.

Last edited:
Definitely tense and scary at times, as we some TNG episodes. It also reminded me a bit of First Contact. It was a far cry from the first season.

The part with the shuttle coming back to a depowered Starship gave me TNG “Genesis” vibes hell the alien design this week reminded me of Spider Barclay, I enjoyed the episode, if I did already figured what the setup of the episode was when they mentioned demons in the nebua!!!
5E26283D-0810-4310-918F-0972F5EBF18B.jpeg

Last edited:
So if Orville alien races have Trek counterparts:

*Krill: Klingons
*Kaylon: The Borg

Does that make the new race in todays episode Orville’s version of Species 8472??

Brannon Braga wrote both First Contact and the Genesis episode of TNG which is probably why this one felt reminiscent of them.

Geez this was a crazy episode. Loved that little riff on the alien tune

wow I have to say this ep was pretty damn amazing, oh and Issac's version of "this town ain't big enough for the two of us" had me on the floor :funny:.

Last edited:
Haha yeah that was hilarious. Yeah very chilling watching a world fall to a right wing extremist especially with current events

the one thing I really really love on this show is how good the VFX is its like movie studio quality the only questionable one was when that monster attacked Malloy on the football field.

So do Krill kids and kids from Bortus' species age very quickly, or have a bunch of years passed within the show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"