Elizabeth Banks to Make The Flintstones Sequel Series!

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yab...ally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

Seth MacFarlane is one of the busiest creatives in show business -- and he just got a lot busier. I've just learned that he's finally realized one of his life's ambitions: to reboot The Flintstones as a TV and film property. My scoop today follows years of very complicated negotiations between 20th Century Fox TV, where McFarlane is based, and Warner Bros Television, which owns the rights to the series after absorbing The Flintstones' famed producer Hanna-Barbera. Not only did the suits have a ton of deal points to work through, but I hear the "Yabba Dabba Doo" prehistoric family sitcom's rightholders were somewhat concerned how the classic series would be interpreted given MacFarlane's brand of raunchy comedies like The Family Guy. So here are all the Hollywood players who had to unentangle this mess: MacFarlane's attorney Jim Jackoway, WME's Ari Emanuel and Greg Hodes; 20th Century Fox TV's Gary Newman, Ira Kurghan, and Howard Kurtzman; And Warner Bros Television's Peter Roth, Brett Paul and even Bruce Rosenblum. There's no broadcast date as of yet, but the reboot will air on Fox.

Im not against the idea of making a new Flintstones series. The new Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo shows are pretty good. Even with MacFarlane I wouldnt be worried, but then theyre putting it on FOX which has me a bit worried

Yabba Dabba Giggety this should be interesting.

Ugh, McFarlane.... ruin your own shows. Dont **** with the classics.

The Flinstones isn't too different from MacFarlane's usual schtick. There's a fat husband with a hot wife. Kids. And talking animals.

Oh man, this is even worse than that time Seth MacFarlane made that other show.

Not an April Fool's joke, dude.

Expect Dino to talk, Pebbles to be a *****y little baby who wants to kill her parents, Fred to be a dumb dad, Barney will be the horny neighbor who wants to sleep with Wilma, and Betty will be pregnant with Bam Bam for 9 seasons.

I have no problem with Seth. Ihave no problem with Family Guy. But Cleveland Show and American Dad show his talent is VERY limited. Hell Family Guy itself nowadays proves that.

That along with the fact that there is absolutely no reason to remake The Flintstones and I view this as bad news all around.

I think this will mean a guaranteed downgrade in quality for each existing MacFarlane show. Family Guy will go from "meh" to "bad," American Dad will go from "good" to "meh," and the Cleveland Show will go from "bad" to "unwatchable."

Oh lord, this will be as bad as the time that overhyped, overstretched comedy writer with one awful show, one okay one, and one great one tried to remake something beloved by most of American society.

Wait...

It should be Matt Groening. Yeah the Simpsons is not what it once was but he created it to be the new Flintstones and it's been called that. He also made Futurama so he's familiar with the different time period plot.

I remember Genndy Tartakovsky made his version of the Flintstones in a special back in 2001, called Flintstones on the Rocks (I think it's still on YouTube). He would have been a good choice, but Seth might be able to pull it off, even though how he will manage with 3 other shows already, who knows?

Don't forget Seth McFarlane worked as a writer and storyboard artist on such shows as Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken and Johnny Bravo!...

He was trained on the sensibilities needed for this show.

The guy is very talented and I hope this goes well for him. Nice to see him branching out with this and Ted.

I have very mixed feeling about this,But I can't fairly judge until at least info is out with a TV spot commercial and especially of course until I check out the Pilot episode!!!

McFarlane should focus more on making Family Guy funny again rather than pathetically trying to attempt a remake of a classic

What a terrible idea. :dry:

This could definitely be interesting, IMO. I'm not really a fan of the CLeveland Show, I don't watch American Dad, however I've been a HUGE fan of Family Guy for years. I trust in Macfarlane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"