family guy/simpsons cross over.....yes you read that right its happening

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
The Simpsons are going to spend some quality time with the Griffins: In a crossover episode titled “The Simpsons Guy,” Homer & Co. will be featured in an episode of Family Guy, EW has learned.
Related
'Futurama': Seth MacFarlane to play.... -- EXCLUSIVE

Simpsons castmembers Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith and Hank Azaria will lend their voices to the installment, in which Peter and the rest of the Griffins embark on a road trip and wind up in Springfield. There, they cross paths with Homer, who graciously greets his new “albino” visitors, and the two families become fast friends. Stewie is impressed with Bart and his assortment of pranks, Lisa tries to figure out exactly what it is that she’s good at, and Marge and Lois do some bonding. Meanwhile, Peter and Homer argue over which beer is better: Pawtucket or Duff.

While the two animated Fox comedies, which both air on Sunday night, have taken shots at each other over the years, the rivalry has grown friendlier more recently. Castellaneta had a one-line voice cameo in an October 2012 episode of Family Guy, and back in May, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane had a prominent guest role on The Simpsons‘ season 24 finale.

“FOX hasn’t spent this much money since they took Simon Cowell tight T-shirt shopping,” said Peter in a statement, while Homer added: “Finally I can get my hands on this guy!”

There’s plenty of time to build anticipation for this cartoon mash-up: The episode won’t air until fall 2014.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/18/simpsons-family-guy-crossover-episode/

oooooook first i thought this was a joke from comic con, but it seems a lot of sites are picking it up

personally i really really really need to see a stewie vs maggie throw down

Homer fighting the giant chicken? (Hmmm.... Chicken... Drool) Stewie fighting Sideshow Bob? Dr. Hartman meets Dr. Hibert? Lisa bonding with Brian? (Palpatine Voice) All is transpiring according to my design! Good... GOOOOD!! Hahahahaha!

:facepalm:

I'm imagining how the family guy characters will even fit in with the simpsons, FG's family is considerably meaner, as is its universe. The good thing is that Seth McFarlane's kingdom is slowlly dying, hopefully Family Guy will follow Cleveland show's exemple in 3 to 6 years :o

Yep. Peter can't measure up morally to known child strangler Homer.

Yep. Peter can't measure up morally to known child strangler Homer.
Because Peter is such a nice guy that he constantly farts on his daughter, and will openly kill or laugh at death.

I would be so excited.... if this was the early 2000s.

Not really all that surprising seeing as though Seth McFarlane voiced a character on the season finale of the Simpsons.

I'm still not convinced this isn't a practical joke being played. It would be funny but I really wonder how they'll pull it off. Like has been said, these two are very different in their comedic styles.

Because Peter is such a nice guy that he constantly farts on his daughter, and will openly kill or laugh at death.

Yes. The Simpson's characters have never done terrible or disgusting things to one another EVER, EVER, EVER and they have never EVER EVER made light of or enjoyed the misery or even the deaths of others on their show. These things have just not happened on the show. The Simpsons has never done anything that could offend ones sense of real world morality.

Yes. The Simpson's characters have never done terrible or disgusting things to one another EVER, EVER, EVER and they have never EVER EVER made light of or enjoyed the misery or even the deaths of others on their show. These things have just not happened on the show. The Simpsons has never done anything that could offend ones sense of real world morality.
Simpsons never did a rape joke, when the main characters create fatalities it's usually by accident

Simpsons never did a rape joke, when the main characters create fatalities it's usually by accident

Yes sir. Only wholesome incest jokes from the creative team behind Cletus the slack jawed Yokel and his "Sister Wife". You see The Simpson's team have never offened anyone or caused outrage for any reason. It's characters are morally upright in every way and they grow and change like 3 dimensional characters unlike other cartoons. Homer always learns an important lesson and changes for the better. Like when he quit drinking. We never saw him drunk again after that. And while Peter treats Meg like crap, look at what a stand up son Homer is to Abe.

Yes sir. Only wholesome incest jokes from the creative team behind Cletus the slack jawed Yokel and his "Sister Wife". You see The Simpson's team have never offened anyone or caused outrage for any reason. It's characters are morally upright in every way and they grow and change like 3 dimensional characters unlike other cartoons. Homer always learns an important lesson and changes for the better. Like when he quit drinking. We never saw him drunk again after that. And while Peter treats Meg like crap, look at what a stand up son Homer is to Abe.
Doesn't change the fact that Simpsons never made rape jokes.

You are most likely 1,000% correct about that. So what? My only point is the shows are pretty equvalent in offense to real world morality. Many characters on either show would have been in jail or even killed by other townsfolk long ago were they flesh and blood. But they are not. The characters on both shows are not really fleshed out complex people, even when the humor is intelligent they are at best just there for plot purposes and to be humorous. Peter is an overweight foolwho never grows and will always be a drunken idiot. Homer is an overweight idiot who will always be a drunken fool. Six of one, half a dozen of another. This is all I have left to say on this. NAMASTE, brother/sister.

Big diference is The Simpsons is supposed to actually be a satire, sure, in the latest years a lot has changed but Simpsons isn't intented to be mean, i can't say the same for Family Guy though, an exemple is every Michael J. Fox joke in Family Guy has to do with him having Parkinson’s Disease.

Making fun of public figures is the bedrock of satire, but the point of what makes it such good satirical is making fun of people for them either doing something stupid, or being inept at their job. Family Guy’s Michael J. Fox jokes don’t fill either of those criteria. They’re making fun of him for no other reason than having a degenerative and incurable medical condition. That’s not being satirical, that’s being an *****le.

A good exemple of a show that is mean, but smart and good satire is South Park.

I stopped watching South Park when they did two episodes back to back making fun of NASCAR and Jersey Shore (one was done to death decades ago and the other was already played out and was too easy to be funny).

>A Family Guy and Simpsons crossover is finally happening

[YT]HKh6XxYbbIc[/YT]

dawson-crying.jpg

lol, it would be The Avengers of "mature" cartoons if South Park came along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"