• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

And Just Like That: Sex and the City revival on HBO Max

Why do I get the feeling this was a reference to what made the Parker-Cattrall feud public.

Why do I get the feeling this was a reference to what made the Parker-Cattrall feud public.

Oh I'm sure there were LOTS of meta references to their feud. It almost seemed like SJP was practically venting to Cattral onscreen.

What's everyone think of this so far?

Call me crazy but I'm really into it! It's not quite as potent and sharp as the original series but I feel like its taking a different, more mature approach to these character's lives in their 50's while still retaining the light hearted humor the original had. This feels...grown up and I like it.

I’m on episode four and really been enjoying it so far.

I only watched the first episode of this. The shocker ending was more annoying that anything else because it deployed that annoying trope that so many TV shows and movies do - instead of Carrie doing something that could have saved his life, they sacrifice that for dramatic effect. Why have a scene where she calls 911 when we could just have her break down and cry? Ugh.

Is it worth watching the rest?

It's nice to see that age hasn't changed Charlotte's priorities when it comes to her social life. :funny:

Why would someone wear jewelry for their surgery?

Thanks I hate it.

I actually am really liking it. I’m glad they’re not just reliving past episodes. I feel like they’ve moved the characters forward in the right way

Just started Sex and the City for the first time. Still on season 1.

Now... Am I supposed to root for Carrie and Mr Big, or against them?

giphy.gif

Enjoy. S1 feels so different from the rest of the series..or is just the pilot thats weird? I cant remember.

Reactions: Lip
Hmmm even though this tv revival isn't that well received. This already lasted longer than the movies era (two movies from 2008 to 2010) and the CW prequel show which lasted for 2 seasons.

I wonder if they could keep this going for season 4 to 6 and eventually outlive the original HBO run?

Hmmm even though this tv revival isn't that well received. This already lasted longer than the movies era (two movies from 2008 to 2010) and the CW prequel show which lasted for 2 seasons.

I wonder if they could keep this going for season 4 to 6 and eventually outlive the original HBO run?

The movies only stopped because Kim refused to do any more and her holding out has been the entire reason the franchise was put on ice for as long as it was so....I think this will go as long as the remaining 3 want it to go on

The movies only stopped because Kim refused to do any more and her holding out has been the entire reason the franchise was put on ice for as long as it was so....I think this will go as long as the remaining 3 want it to go on
Hmm I think the reception for second movie was the main factor. If it was as successful as the first one (or at least the box office), WB would have wanted to release Sex and the City 3 in 2012 or 2013, because why wouldn't they.

Then when they finally wanted to do the third film (iirc late 2010s?), Kim Cattrall already checked out from the series which was understandable since they left it for so long in the first place. The third film should have been out by 2013. I remember she had an interview with Ellen about the third film, at the time, she said "I hope so" and that she "misses" the girls, and added that the critics shredded the 2nd film. So i don't think she was against the third film in the first place. WB left it for too long and someone just completely lost interest. I don't think she would have said no, if the third film was to be filmed in 2011 or 12.

Hmm I think the reception for second movie was the main factor. If it was as successful as the first one (or at least the box office), WB would have wanted to release Sex and the City 3 in 2012 or 2013, because why wouldn't they.

Then when they finally wanted to do the third film (iirc late 2010s?), Kim Cattrall already checked out from the series which was understandable since they left it for so long in the first place. The third film should have been out by 2013. I remember she had an interview with Ellen about the third film, at the time, she said "I hope so" and that she "misses" the girls, and added that the critics shredded the 2nd film. So i don't think she was against the third film in the first place. WB left it for too long and someone just completely lost interest. I don't think she would have said no, if the third film was to be filmed in 2011 or 12.
It doesnt negate the fact that we would've had a 3rd film in 2017 if Kim had been on board.

Plus the script...Samantha's "main storyline" revolved around her and Miranda's 14-year-old son Brady and him sending her inappropriate photos....probably for the best it didnt happen at all in 13 or 17.

But it is interesting that WB didnt try to do another film shortly after 2 since it was a financial success. Or sign them to a 3 picture deal after the success of the first one.

See,even I didn't know there was a supposed to be a 2017 film. 7 years after the 2nd film is enough time for someone to completely moved on. And that a 7yeargap between films or projects, is incredibly long in general.

See,even I didn't know there was a supposed to be a 2017 film. 7 years after the 2nd film is enough time for someone to completely moved on. And that a 7yeargap between films or projects, is incredibly long in general.
It happens though. Look at Star Trek. Even Batman is going to be 4 years...3 years less than SatC.

Sex and the City ended with the first movie for me. :p

I haven’t even seen the second one.

I did watch that Liza Minnelli scene though. Queen stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back