Shakespearean English

Thanks a ton. I actually decided to dig after reading that and found the Thor stuff in that thread and was about to check the Cap thread, but you saved me a buncha time.

edit: Rereading all that **** is so promising. I like how isn't afraid to admit Fox ****ed up Dr. Doom and he acknowledges the stupid fish-out-of-water jokes. Feige's pretty good at getting you jacked up, whereas most studio people worry you by using terms like "it's going to be badass and violent" (used to describe both Wolverine and Punisher: War Zone). They're all talkers, but Feige seems a little more genuine and confident than the others and the directors all seem to love him. I'm pretty sure I've read very positive comments from Favreau, Letterier, and Branagh.

Last edited:
It probably won't happen, but I want so bad to hear him say "Have at thee!" right before he starts dispensing ass-whuppin's.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear him say something in the footage or teaser trailer tommorrow. Whatever it is,the end of it should show him throwing his hammer at the screen,I'd like for it to end like that. A good clean shot of that with him wearing the helmet.

I doubt they will use the olde english "thor speak"

I wouldn't want much if any 'yea, verily' or Shakespearean English. I wouldn't mind some of the rythim and tone of how they speak, but not the actual language since Shakespeare's plays aren't always clear speaking (to modern audiences) and can leave people confused if they don't know what they mean.

I think they have already said there's no Shakespearian dialogue?

Not a deal breaker for me as that has never really made any sense to me even reading the books as a child. The 'Have at Thee's' were always fun though and as well as the classic "Ultron, we would have words with thee"' I remember Thor once saying to someone "Thou hast no more brains than flea' (an insult I've used on a few people since :yay:).

But for the movie I'd expect they have gone for 'formal' English dialect and accents (though if anything the Asgardians should speak with a nordic accent)

the current thor speak is good enough. he says have at thee and still talks proper with shall instead of will. so its ok. so let it just be proper english and save the other for thor on broadway,lol.

do you bite your thumb at me sir?
i bite my thumb
but do you bite your thumb at me sir?!
lol i think we can do without another romeo and juliet for a while,lol

It doesn´t make sense for them to speak english to begin with...they´re from Asgard...shouldn´t they speak, I dunno...asgardian or something ??

Anyway...

Hey, I have a question and I dunno where to ask this : Why is the "regular" marvel universe called 616 or something like that ??

Thank you.

Polux.

Alan Moore took a British hero called Captain Britain and made him part of the Captain Britain Corps, a group of alternate universe versions of himself who dealt with problems between parallel universes and such. As a reference for which universe was the "real" Marvel universe--i.e. the one that the main Captain Britain came from and the one that all of Marvel's comics at the time took place in--he numbered it 616.

for me i dont mind if they did it or didnt do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"