share elektra images (sais etc)

Originally Posted by brazilian_boy
Well, there was a video at mtv website that showed this scene being shoot, and when Matt "sees" her, she just turn her back and "run away", meaning that she indeed went out for vegeance.....
Wow.. it would have been great if they used that version of the scene.. :)

If I'm not mistaken, the director said that it would take away the shock of her death if they used that scene. I mean, we see her getting killed, it's one of the reasons DD is so pissed making him get his revenge over BE and help get his revenge on King Pin, then we would see her alive? I mean "oh look, he just threw BullsEye out of the churck almost killing him because he killed his girfriend but she's still alive!"? It would be weired.....

Well.. it wouldn't be anyone else's fault except for Bullseye.. He's the one who stabbed Elektra in the first place. So, whatever Daredevil did to Bullseye after he supposedly killed Elektra, then it's not Daredevil's fault anymore. Bullseye did stab Elektra and she wouldn't be alive if Stick didn't resurrect her.. So, it's Elektra's status is equal to "DEAD", since, it weren't for Stick's abilities, she would still be dead... Right?

Yes, but we now know that if it wasn't for Stick she wouldn't be alive (movieverse), but in DD, we see her heart stoping, DD runs away and the police finds her body. If we sw her alive, we would be lead to believe that somehow the cops saved her (or paramedicals that came with them).... I don't know, I liked the way it ended, with many ppl asking themselves if she was still alive or not.....

i havent seen this one
0412elektra9.jpg

the fight between elektra and stone should have been longer, more intense ... that man is huge btw :o. but kingpin looked bigger :D

daredavid said:
the fight between elektra and stone should have been longer, more intense ... that man is huge btw :o. but kingpin looked bigger :D

it was longer... they just edited all out for the theater's cut... I hope they fix this in the DC....

wow i love this thread! more pictures of DD elektra would be great!

also are her sai the same in the first movie and in elektra?

no there not there is a E sai and a N sai
elektra's sai and the ancestrial sai with red jewel in the center

elektra losses her other sais in the sheet battle with kirigi

Wha?

Where'd you come up with the idea that she lost her sais? We never saw that... go ahead and check it again.

they r different watch ur copy of elektra again then!

the well fight elektra has no sais she jumps and pulls sais out the
dirt thank u !

ancestrol sai said:
the well fight elektra has no sais she jumps and pulls sais out the
dirt thank u !

That's because, at the start of the fight, we see Kirigi kick the sai out of her hands. She then manages to reach down and pull the sai that fell to the ground back up at the right moment.

At the end of the ElektraXKirigi battle, she pulls a sheet of her face, turns around, and sees Kirigi spiral toward her. Her two sai block his katana and she is thrown to the ground. He then forces her up, katana to her throat. She had no chance to pick her sai up from when she fell. Then, to make things worse, he kicks her backwards and you can clearly see her grasping at the air with open hands while flying backwards.

She is then covered in sheets, without her sai. Moments later, she is forced to throw the sheet off of her and run up the stairs to save Abby. Meanwhile, her sai are still on the ground from where she was knocked down.

Then, when she meets Kirigi at the well, she remembers that, long ago when she was young, she buried her families ancestral sai with her mother, and that her mom is buried on the other side of the well. That's why, if you watch carefully, you'll see her jump over the well, somersault over and then stick her hands into the ground, where dust clouds appear. Then the rolls out and flips them downwards. It's explained in the Director's Cut / novelization.

That's probably why Bowman said that the story moves slower, not forced by Hollywood's action standards. Small things like that that don't rush the story or add huge action sequences, but just better explain her.

Wow, that's... incredibly lame.

If that's the case, though, where the hell did the sais come from that she fights Kirigi with at the start of the fight, before she picks that one sai out of the dirt at the end?

Like in this pic:

b0018177_0363569.jpg

She lost both of her sai in the Mansion. When she and Kirigi got into the last fight, she jumped over the well and snagged two buried sai on the ground (She buried them when she was little.. they're her father's).. It's pretty confusing because the burrying process wasn't shown (though, it was in the novelization)..

You're not getting what GoodYellowKorn meant.. She snagged the ancestral sai from the ground (near the well) at the beginning of the fight. Right after Kirigi said, "It ends -- Now.".. The one sai that she picks off the ground at the end is the ancestral sai.. (but this isn't the part that we're talking about).. We are talking about the one where she jumped over the well, did a somersault, then "snatches" the pair of sai, lightly buried on the ground (considering the fact that she was only a little girl when she buried 'em).

Agent79311 said:
She lost both of her sai in the Mansion. When she and Kirigi got into the last fight, she jumped over the well and snagged two buried sai on the ground (She buried them when she was little.. they're her father's).. It's pretty confusing because the burrying process wasn't shown (though, it was in the novelization)..

You're not getting what GoodYellowKorn meant.. She snagged the ancestral sai from the ground (near the well) at the beginning of the fight. Right after Kirigi said, "It ends -- Now.".. The one sai that she picks off the ground at the end is the ancestral sai.. (but this isn't the part that we're talking about).. We are talking about the one where she jumped over the well, did a somersault, then "snatches" the pair of sai, lightly buried on the ground (considering the fact that she was only a little girl when she buried 'em).

Gotcha. Popping in my DVD tonight to check on this, I'll let you know how it goes.

If it's true, this really bugs the hell out of me. It's way too convenient and also implausible.

Exactly. Thanks Agent. And not to complicate things more, but the sai you see her picking uo when she's laying against the well is the same she pulled out the ground at the start of the fight. She throws it at him and he deflects it with the sword and it lands by the well, where she picks it up to stab him.

So Elektra picks the Sai up from the ground? I never new that...detail please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"