Sharknado - the film about a tornado made of sharks!

Was it a joke? I have not seen the film so I can't judge but Jesus 91% is a masterpiece.

10/11 critics gave it a positive review so the consensus there is quite obviously small.

It was on tv and got decent ratings...was on tv again and got better ratings...THEN went to some theaters and had sold out midnight showings. The consensus seems to be that Sharknado is a funny comedy that, like Black Dynamite, Airplane, Spaceballs etc, rejects the very idea of things having to make sense in a movie in favor of absurdity. For the record, it is nowhere near as good as any of those other films though.

Basically you have to kind of be in on the joke, if you know what I mean. It's like people that say Nicolas Cage sucks....they're just not in on the awesome that is Cage.

I've seen the film and like it I was just taken aback by how high the rating was. I know it's a useless number but damn they hit gold with this one.

It deserves every percent of that 91%. Sharknado is the Citizen Kane of movies!

It's like "Plan 9 of Outer Space" but on purpose. Special effects are crap, but the story, dialogues and acting are even worse. Yet, it's so much fun to laugh at it that you cannot but enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"