Dark of the Moon LeBeouf: "Wasn't impressed" with ROTF

How does more human death translate into the movie being Tranformer personality heavy?

:dry:

Think about it man,it CAN make more room for them by not hogging up more screen time that can be used for them.

He says this but won't disown Crystal Skull for raping Indiana Jones.

Personally, I just want a coherent story, the humor toned back down to TF1 levels, and some improved characterization of the TF's and I'll be good. I like that it sounds like they may be doing a loose adaption of 'Megatron's Master Plan'. If Bay can pull it off, a story about humanity's reaction to the Autobots and Decepticons has potential.

He says this but won't disown Crystal Skull for raping Indiana Jones.
and hours later
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/16...ana-jones-4-i-dropped-the-ball-on-the-legacy/

''I’ll probably get a call. But he needs to hear this. I love him. I love Steven. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I’m not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. I think he’s a genius, and he’s given me my whole life. He’s done so much great work that there’s no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.''

:lmao:

That's awesome. I love how honest he is being and not just sticking with kissing ass due to him being in those films.

and hours later
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/16...ana-jones-4-i-dropped-the-ball-on-the-legacy/

''i’ll probably get a call. But he needs to hear this. I love him. I love steven. I have a relationship with steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, i talk to him often enough to know that i’m not out of line. And i would never disrespect the man. I think he’s a genius, and he’s given me my whole life. He’s done so much great work that there’s no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.''

:lmao:
lebouf dropped the ball!

That's awesome. I love how honest he is being and not just sticking with kissing ass due to him being in those films.
the irony is that he is talking negaitve about those two movies NOW because they are hated on the internet.and because he is at Cannes right now presenting an Oliver Sone movie with Douoglas.

isnt it obvious? :huh::dry:

Why anyone should accept his apologies is beyond me. Shia was the actor presented with the material already writen and created for him to act in. People accept these apologies like he WAS guilty of making their beloved and oh-so-holy movies a complete disaster. He wasn't, nor was he ever.

Give me a ****ing break. Shia shouldn't apologize, nor feel inclined to. Especially if its to make all the ludacris fanboys happy.

But Shia didn't apologize. He just stated the movies were disappointing for him personally.

and not just fanboys dislike TF2 and Indy 4. Alot of people dispise those movies.

the irony is that he is talking negaitve about those two movies NOW because they are hated on the internet.and because he is at Cannes right now presenting an Oliver Sone movie with Douglas.

isnt it obvious? :huh::dry:

No, that is in fact not obvious. That is pure speculation on your part. Yes it could easily be true but personally just because someone is in a movie doesn't mean they will like the finished product. A good example would Ed Norton and TIH.

These actors are filming scenes out of order and are not in all of them usually. It's going to be a different feel for them when they actually sit down and watch the director's finished film. I'll say again that it's possible that he could be saying this just because people hated it on the internet but I don't buy it.

No, that is in fact not obvious. That is pure speculation on your part. Yes it could easily be true but personally just because someone is in a movie doesn't mean they will like the finished product. A good example would Ed Norton and TIH.

These actors are filming scenes out of order and are not in all of them usually. It's going to be a different feel for them when they actually sit down and watch the director's finished film. I'll say again that it's possible that he could be saying this just because people hated it on the internet but I don't buy it.
Ed Norton is not a good example but a fantastic example.

Ed Norton didnt promote TIH because he saw what happened. Wesley Snipes didnt promote Blade Trinity.

Shia LeBouf did promote the movie after he saw it. he liked the movie weeks after the movie was realesed. 2 years after Indy 4 and 1 year after TF2 he has problems with both movies. and all of this is talked at the Cannes festival where he is promoting an Oliver Stone movie.

Figs :cwink:

Shia is going to mysteriously "disappear" in the next few days.

Reporter: Mr. Spielberg, do you have any idea what happened to Shia?

Spielberg: He's being looked at by top men.

Reporter: I'm sorry, what does....

Spielberg: TOP. MEN.

Ed Norton is not a good example but a fantastic example.

Ed Norton didnt promote TIH because he saw what happened. Wesley Snipes didnt promote Blade Trinity.

Shia LeBouf did promote the movie after he saw it. he liked the movie weeks after the movie was realesed. 2 years after Indy 4 and 1 year after TF2 he has problems with both movies. and all of this is talked at the Cannes festival where he is promoting an Oliver Stone movie.

Figs :cwink:

Hahaha! Even IF he did lie about it, what does that have to do with promoting an Oliver Stone film?? Especially a sequel that is definitely in the category of too little, too late.

He doesn't need to rip on those films because he's in a more serious one. The fact that he's in a drama directed by Oliver Stone is all he needs to say.

I remember Spielberg saying he wasn't too happy with "Crystal Skull" either but he went on and directed because Lucas was his friend (and I'm guessing that was the best script Lucas could come up with,lol).

I remember Spielberg saying he wasn't too happy with "Crystal Skull" either but he went on and directed because Lucas was his friend (and I'm guessing that was the best script Lucas could come up with,lol).

Most likely, lol

I think Shia was bashing both his movies because he wanted some critical respect? lol:dry:

I believe that the first script of IJ4 was the only one Spielberg AND Ford were actually excited about...the one Lucas rejected, haha.

I remember reading this book that chronicled the entire production process of all 4 Indiana Jones films and in it, when it came to 'Crystal Skull,' they way I read it, you could just tell that Spielberg was simply just not into making the fourth one AT ALL and that it took ridiculous amount of persuasion by Lucas to get him to do it.

His whole attitude about a 4th was that it was best to just leave the series alone and that he was simply a different filmmaker now than he was when he did the first 3 and wouldn't have the same passion than he did with the originals.

Like you said, he basically did it as a favor to Lucas but yeah, I seriously don't believe he was happy with Indiana Jones 4 either...he just wont ever admit it because Lucas is his buddy and doesn't take kindly to ANY form of criticism.

If that is true, it just goes to show how much Lucas likes to milk things 'til they're dead...the fat greedy bastard.

Is it true he doesn't take kindly to criticism? If so...he really needs to start listening after making the SW prequels.

Yes...Lucas is incredibly self-righteous. That's why he surrounds himself with no one but 'yes men' that wont question his decision making aka Rick McCallum.

Another example...in the ROTS novelzation, Qui-Gon Jinn actually appears to Yoda as a force ghost and explains how to do it. In the film, he is randomly brought up by Yoda with little to no explaination.

It was presumed and rumored during the production that Liam Nesson was going to shoot a cameo for ROTS but he was never approached...it was said that Lucas apparently didn't take kindly to Liam's critique to an interviewer of AOTC where he called it a 'video game' and its wooden acting.

Again I can't really confirm these rumors and heresay but around the time of ROTS, and considering what people say about Lucas, it kinda falls in line with his personality.

But like I said, its all heresay...although it would explain why Qui-gon didn't appear in ROTS and why the sudden mention of him at the end seemed so random and awkward.

Last edited:
aha so now we will hate Lucas so much that we will act like Lucas called him every day with the IDJ script in hes hands? he forced him?

BS. SPielberg is an adult. he wanted to make this movie.

you know making a big budget Indiana Jones movie is not simple. it takes time,money and concentration. SPielberg is a director. he didnt do a low budget ''cannes'' movie in 4 months.

on youtube you have a lot interviews from Spielberg where he says that he made the movie because fans asked him over the last 20 years. fact.

aha so now we will hate Lucas so much that we will act like Lucas called him every day with the IDJ script in hes hands? he forced him?

BS. SPielberg is an adult. he wanted to make this movie.

you know making a big budget Indiana Jones movie is not simple. it takes time,money and concentration. SPielberg is a director. he didnt do a low budget ''cannes'' movie in 4 months.

on youtube you have a lot interviews from Spielberg where he says that he made the movie because fans asked him over the last 20 years. fact.

Which doesn't necessarily mean that his heart was in the project. That and as others have said Lucas did in Fact turn down earlier scripts which apparently were better than what he wanted.

Also, what is your deal. You seem to be ignorantly biased and lumping all these actors/directors into one group saying that they're all full of ****. That's ridiculous because you're basically saying that every single one of them is lying to save face when there is no reason to due to the fact that the movie is behind them and they can move on.

Sorry but I refuse to believe that every one of these guys you are talking **** about have no shame lying and actually enjoyed and were happy with those specific projects. Some actors actually might not like the finished project and even during filming may not like what is going on but they are locked into a contract.

But Shia didn't apologize. He just stated the movies were disappointing for him personally.

and not just fanboys dislike TF2 and Indy 4. Alot of people dispise those movies.

Hence why both were smash hits and made millions more in DVD sales huh?
Wait?

:woot:

As I said with Megan Fox, I think that these young actors should keep their opinions to themselves and stop biting the hand that feeds them.

Yes, Indy 4 was medicore and yes, Transformers 2 was terrible but Shia didn't need to be the one who said that. And while he is apologizing can he apologize for Transformers and Disturbia too?

The fact of the matter is, he shouldn't be apologizing for any of these movies. Spielberg should apologize for Indy 4 and Bay should apologize for both Transformer movies.

As I said with Megan Fox, I think that these young actors should keep their opinions to themselves and stop biting the hand that feeds them.

Yes, Indy 4 was medicore and yes, Transformers 2 was terrible but Shia didn't need to be the one who said that. And while he is apologizing can he apologize for Transformers and Disturbia too?

The fact of the matter is, he shouldn't be apologizing for any of these movies. Spielberg should apologize for Indy 4 and Bay should apologize for both Transformer movies.

Ok,so not only do you constantly have to bash the Transformers movies in multiple threads for no reason,but you also have the nerve to come in here being the person who hated both movies,There is zero hope for you,so please. Don't act like you liked either of those movies at all. You're trolling the people in this forum who liked these movies for various reasons.

Wether they are around as we speak or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"