Dark of the Moon LeBeouf: "Wasn't impressed" with ROTF

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
LaBeouf promises better 'Transformers' next time

CANNES, France (AP) -- Shia LaBeouf says the second "Transformers" movie got too big for its own good — but the third one brings the heart back to the franchise.

LaBeouf, who starts work on the next "Transformers" sequel Tuesday, said the third installment will be the best one yet. The new script restores a human element that got lost in the second movie, LaBeouf said.

"When I saw the second movie, I wasn't impressed with what we did," LaBeouf said in an interview Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where his
finance drama "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" is premiering. "There were some really wild stunts in it, but the heart was gone."

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" was a runaway commercial success but was drubbed by critics.

I'll believe it when I see it, because even if LeBeouf wants to make a better movie this movie isn't his; it's Michael Bay's movie. Stupid things like the gold-toothed Twins, the steel-balled Devastator, and endless stream of juvenile jokes were all thanks to Bay. I just hope it will at least be better than ROTF.

Last edited:
on youtube there are at least 10 interviews with him saying that it was good. of course as an actor he had to promote it.

but now it looks like he changed hes mind because of the complaining on the internet.

a sheep?

A related article:

CANNES, France - Shia LaBeouf says the second "Transformers" movie got too big for its own good -- but the third one brings the heart back to the franchise.

LaBeouf, who starts work on the next "Transformers" sequel Tuesday, said the third installment will be the best one yet. The new script restores a human element that got lost in the second movie, LaBeouf said.

"When I saw the second movie, I wasn't impressed with what we did," LaBeouf said in an interview Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where his finance drama "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" is premiering. "There were some really wild stunts in it, but the heart was gone."

" Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen" was a runaway commercial success but was drubbed by critics.

Michael Bay returns for the third time as director of the science-fiction franchise, which centers on dueling races of giant robots that bring their war to Earth. The next movie will have what the last one lacked -- a sense of human consequences, LaBeouf said.

On the second movie, "we got lost. We tried to get bigger. It's what happens to sequels. It's like, how do you top the first one? You've got to go bigger," LaBeouf said. "Mike went so big that it became too big, and I think you lost the anchor of the movie. ... You lost a bit of the relationships. Unless you have those relationships, then the movie doesn't matter. Then it's just a bunch of robots fighting each other."

With " Transformers 3," the toll of the robot war will be grave for our planet, LaBeouf said.

"There's going to be a lot of death, human death. This time, they're targeting humans," LaBeouf said. "It's going to be the craziest action movie ever made, or we failed."

I hope LeBeouf is right about having human casualties; it seemed like Decepticons didn't really cause that much damage in the first two movies, and if they want to amp it up they better make the war alot more dangerous than it has been.

"There's going to be a lot of death, human death. This time, they're targeting humans," LaBeouf said. "It's going to be the craziest action movie ever made, or we failed."

Maybe for production on the second film this might have gotten me excited but after that sequel, him saying they're trying to make it the craziest action movie ever made won't get me to fall into the possible trap until I see the trailer or the film itself.

on youtube there are at least 10 interviews with him saying that it was good. of course as an actor he had to promote it.

but now it looks like he changed hes mind because of the complaining on the internet.

a sheep?

or maybe...in the time since the film came out he was able to view the film subjectively and see the flaws in ROTF? That too could be a possibility don't you think?

Seriously, I'll never understand why people on these boards seem to have it in for the guy...

:dry:

of course, he couldn't reveal his true feelings. there's a part of me that thinks Bay was dissapointed with Transformers 2 as well

With a few exceptions, screw the human characters. The robots need actual personalities and storylines and not just be used to showcase custom cars and pretty cgi.

or maybe...in the time since the film came out he was able to view the film subjectively and see the flaws in ROTF? That too could be a possibility don't you think?

Seriously, I'll never understand why people on these boards seem to have it in for the guy...

:dry:

It's fanboyism as usual, which runs rampant across message boards all over the internet.

I have no problem with Shia, I think people are just lumping him in with their anger/hatred for Michael Bay instead of realizing that this movie franchise is a great move for his career.

I also agree that after finally watching the film he noticed all it's flaws. Most of the time when actors are promoting their film it's before it has been released let alone had it's Hollywood premier. Obviously actors are going to say good things about a film they're in, even if they might not believe it themselves or just haven't been able to watch the finished product.

At the time the movie comes out Shia isn't going to go around and say wow that movie sucked but now that its a year later, they're starting production soon and the script is apparently good. He has that freedom to say hey number 2 sucked big time but we're going to make up for it with number 3. Quit hatin on Shia he's one of the best aspects of these movies.

Refreshingly honest without being an ass, I've seen other actors trash films they have made in the past to look cool, here Shia just gives a constructive view, hopefully this movie gets back to the quality of the first one and then raises the bar.

And it's not "fanboy"ism. I just don't like Shia. Simple. Basic. From the gut.

Just cause others like him doesn't dismiss our disdain for him on a basic level.

Guy bugs me and every time he's on screen I cringe.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

i've actually given up on this franchise. Seeing is believing.

You could have just given up on it and not post that,if you did that,your lack of interest in this forum by not posting in it could speak for it's self. zero obligation.

Last edited:
I highly doubt we'll be seeing even more robots. People complaining about that aspect need to think realistically. The budget to focus more on the robots would be immense. And I don't know about you, but on film, I don't think I can get too involved with cg robots for 2 hours.

More human deaths.... more human stories!! Ahhh!

Why can't Transformers me about Transformers?

And even if the humans die, then can be brought back to life by the Bayformer gods anyway

More human deaths.... more human stories!! Ahhh!

Why can't Transformers me about Transformers?

And even if the humans die, then can be brought back to life by the Bayformer gods anyway

Did you not read what I said? :dry:

Whether you can relate to the robots depends on their facial features. Yes it is almost impossible to relate to the Bayformers because of their bug faces but if the faces look like greek statues with glowing eyes I think they could carry the movies provided they had animated personalities.

The focus on the humans and not in the civil war between autobots and decepticons really kills the movie. The juvenile jokes and the ever so annoying and pointless parents is brutal.

For the last one they basically said and showed in the trailer a more serious darker alien invasion movie. What we got is ass shots, transformers portraying stereotypes and devastator with a nutsack. Ill believe it when I see it.

Darth Vader and V (V for Vendetta) had no forms of expression and they had plenty of sceen time. Transformers have human-like personalities also. No reason they can't have more dialogue and dramatic scenes. Especially if the had more human facial features.

I can't believe they think a lack of human deaths is the problem. Watching robots kill people is not going to change the quality of the movies by much. The human body count goes up, who cares? The real question is do we care about the autobot/decepticon conflict which is the very basis for the movie. The need to crack open some of the better TF comic books to figure out how to get us more involved in the autobot/decepticon war.

What Bay means is that there will be more time for talking Transformers instead of them fighting more than they talk. With an apparently 240$ million budget for this one,this should easily be better in terms of more Transformers screen time to flesh out many of them. There's nothing wrong with humans being the main target this time,because the Autobots were the main targets out of the two last movies,and more of the human death should give the movie a good chance to be more Transformers personality heavy.

Last edited:
because the Autobots were the main targets out of the two last movies,and more of the human death should give the movie a good chance to be more Transformers personality heavy.
How does more human death translate into the movie being Tranformer personality heavy?

Refreshingly honest without being an ass, I've seen other actors trash films they have made in the past to look cool, here Shia just gives a constructive view, hopefully this movie gets back to the quality of the first one and then raises the bar.
hope so :up:

And it's not "fanboy"ism. I just don't like Shia. Simple. Basic. From the gut.

Just cause others like him doesn't dismiss our disdain for him on a basic level.

Guy bugs me and every time he's on screen I cringe.

There are some people, like you, that actually just don't like him but what I meant by fanboyism was towards the existing groups of people on the internet that love to jump on the "I hate" or "I love" bandwagons.

You may not be part of that group but that group is heavy on message boards across the internet. Shia's somewhat of a "next big thing" so that can tend to get fanboys/bandwagoners to start hating him for doing something like the Transformers movies(especially the second which most people thought was complete crap).

It works the same on the other side of things, where everyone praises someone like Bale and wants him for every role or when Daniel Day Lewis won for There Will Be Blood and a **** ton of people came out of the woodwork saying that he's been their favorite actor for a long time.

Anyways, I hope they fix a lot of things with this film. It's Bay so i'm not expecting much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back