Shoot 'Em up

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=36258

Shoot 'Em Up: The Sequel?
Source: Edward Douglas
August 12, 2007

Michael Davis' insanely innovative action flick Shoot 'Em Up doesn't open for another month, but already there's talk of a potential sequel to the movie starring Clive Owen as a gunman forced to defend a helpless baby from a mob of assassins.

When ComingSoon.net spoke to Davis and the film's three producers Don Murphy, Susan Montford and Rick Benattar--collectively known as Angry Films--at the junket for the movie, they told us a bit about what provisions have been made to keep Clive Owen's enigmatic gunman going after the upcoming film. (Spoiler Warning: one could possibly determine the potential fate of one of the characters by reading on.)

"Well, Michael's already written a script and it's even wilder," Montford told us. "It could also be a stand-alone piece as well. He's been very clever. He's written a brilliant script and it could be adapted to be a sequel or it could stand alone."

"You say that SPOILER can't come back," Murphy added when asked about one of the characters returning, "but the discussions between the three of us, Michael and Clive, that this film is very much in the tradition of Sergio Leone, and if you watch that trilogy, they're not really sequels. The same characters come back and the same actors come back, and then they have another story, so there's no reason we can't have all three of these people back in a different story and still call it 'Shoot 'Em Up 2.'"

"In the script we've read, there's no baby," Murphy answered when questioned about whether Owen's gunman could possibly end up in a similar situation.

"Well, no, that's a misstatement," Davis corrected later when we asked about that script and his own thoughts about turning it into a sequel. "There is not a sequel planned yet. I've written another crazy wild funny action script that could be 'Shoot 'Em Up' if I made a few alterations. You're not going to see me be the guy that genre hops because my favorite genre is the action movie. The greatest goal for me would be to continue on as a writer/director that people identify your signature and doing a 'Shoot 'Em Up' sequel to me would just be validation to me that 'Hey, I created something that people want to see.'"

This one looks good but you gotta love when they start talking about sequels because they've even seen how the movie's performed.

Reminds me of Avi saying a Ghost Rider 2 was planned....before he saw the BO numbers and reactions...

This looks inspired by Sin City a little bit with the Irony of Clive Owen in it.

I'm seeing this movie when it hits theaters. Hopefully the theater in town gets it..if not, then the cheapie theater on base. One or both should get it though.

Eh. I don't think it looks all that awesome. Paul whathisface as a hitman? Yeah...right. Also it just looks cheesy as hell. :o

5xno7k3.jpg

5zc8bbr.jpg

6bu4nfb.jpg

62dx17q.jpg

67rn6vr.jpg

6glwk12.jpg

62dsois.jpg

:huh: is he flipping off someone off-screen with a carrot in the first pic? And is that Lance Herkisn in the other pic?

Damn it Owen, why didn't you want to play B-O-N-D? Anyway, looking forward to this movie.

Eh. I don't think it looks all that awesome. Paul whathisface as a hitman? Yeah...right. Also it just looks cheesy as hell. :o

In all honesty I am not one of those people who says you are missing the point of every movie you don't like that I do, but seriously dude...You seem to be clearly over looking the appeal of the movie

Paul G-man as a hitman, and you're response is yeah...right? thats the point its a zainy casting choice, he is supposed to bring humor to this role

it looks cheesy as hell, yeah, you're right it pretty much looks like the most obserd action ever, almost out of a loony tunes show or something, again that is part of the point of this movie.

if they wanted to make you're standard action movie, nether great actors like clive owen or paul giamatti would be in it, and it would have been called "War" but they are going for something a bit more off the wall, a bit more fun than you're normal movie

again, I'm not one of those people who always says you miss the point....but seriously I think you're missing the point completely

on a side note, is that Lance Henrikson in one of those pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"