Shooting at an Omaha shopping mall

sinewave

Avenger
Reaction score
More ridiculous violence. This time it's in my home town. My wife actually showed up at this mall after it happened but before she'd heard about it.

CNN.com said:
Police search for suspect in shooting at Omaha mall

* Story Highlights
* At least five people are hurt
* Shopping center is locked down
* Shoppers and employees walk out of the building with their hands up

(CNN) -- Police were searching for a person who fired shots Wednesday at the popular Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska, wounding five people.

The shooting appeared to take place at the Von Maur store inside the shopping complex, which was locked down, the Nebraska State Patrol said.

Paramedics were at the scene. At least two people were seen being taken from the shopping complex on stretchers and placed in an ambulance.

Shoppers and employees walked out of the building with their hands up.

A woman who works at the mall said she saw a woman shot, and added that the shots seemed to be coming from inside the Von Maur store, on an upper level.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/05/mall.shooting/index.html

Killer sales at the Mall!

wait what state is it supposed to happen in?

when will you realize, hicks, racists, ******s, emo kids, old people, normal people, violent people are EVERYWHERE.

I'm also from Nebraska. This type of stuff just isn't supposed in this state...WTF man. :csad:

didn't the last major mall shooting happen in utah? i'm sure those mormon bastards over there were thinking the same thing.

I'm in Omaha too. 9 now confirmed dead, including the shooter. About 5 injured. It's crazy. My fiance used to work there but just got a job at my company about 3 months ago.

One of the cops I know said they believe it may be over a custody battle. Unconfirmed of course.

I'm in Omaha too. 9 now confirmed dead, including the shooter. About 5 injured. It's crazy. My fiance used to work there but just got a job at my company about 3 months ago.

One of the cops I know said they believe it may be over a custody battle. Unconfirmed of course.

jeez-la-freaking-wheez. That is just messed up. :csad:

Why do we even have assault weapons anyway ? Gun control is the only sensible solution to this type of crap.

Why do we even have assault weapons anyway ? Gun control is the only sensible solution to this type of crap.

because the NRA and other gun lobbyists have a lot of power over our government and people assume an antiquated law still applies to extremely powerful modern weapons.

I wish law enforcement would get their in time to arrest or kill these demented morons. They always take the chicken-**** way out and take thier own life instead of owning up to thier actions.

there are a lot of conflicting reports on this. i just got off the phone with my wife and she said her sister's ex-boyfriend was in the mall at the time and according to him there might have been two shooters. at least one was wearing a ski mask and another guy was standing right next to him with a rifle. i don't necessarily believe this since the source is a complete jackass and borderline ******ed, but something seems fishy. the cops are saying there was only one shooter and that he took his own life, but they were questioning everyone leaving the parking lot like they thought there was another one still on the loose. that may just be standard procedure, but one person firing 30-45 shots within a 5 minute span, hitting at least 25 people and even shooting one guy in the head seems a little unrealistic for one person. apparently the death toll is up to 9 for now.

Update us on what provoked the shooting. I need closure. :o

It was a single shooter. 19 year old Caucasian kid. Robert something was his name. Apparently he had been living on the street for a few years and a family took him in cause he was friends with their boys. He had run-ins with the law and was generally a troubled kid. Depression etc. He WAS the only shooter. Multiple witness confirmed this.

He used an SKS rifle that he allegedly stole from his Uncle's house. He was cleaning the gun the night before but because the boys often went to a nearby river to shoot targets the Mom didn't think twice about it. He had a job and McDonalds and she thought his life was turning around. He got fired from his job and they think that was what "broke the camel's back." He spent most of his time in Von Maur, but at one point wandered into the "mall" area and for some reason shot the stuffing out of a teddy bear and then went back into Von Maur. There were three levels to the store. He was on the third level and fired at people on the third and second level. Most of the people he shot were on the third floor.

He did leave a suicide note(s). All we know about them so far is that he said "He's going out in style," and that "He's never amounted to much so far in life, but after today he'd be famous." I believe he also called his adoptive "Mom" and told her "he loved her, thanks for everything, and he was sorry for all the pain he caused."

That's really about all I've heard so far...and some of these details may change as they find out more...but that's what they have said so far.

Sine....There were only 14 people hit. 9 died (including the shooter) 2 are in critical condition and 3 had minor injuries. The SKS rifle is a semi-automatic weapon that could easily discharge 30-40 rounds in a short amount of time. It can, allegedly, also be made fully automatic fairly easily...they haven't said whether this was the case though.

Cars kill more people than guns. We need car control. Or, at the least, teenager control since they're responsible for more accidents every year than any other age group.

Overly powerful weapons (automatics, assault rifles, etc.) should be restricted, but 'gun control' in general is not the answer. By taking the guns away from law abiding citizens, all you're doing is making sure that those with no regard for the law are the only ones who are armed. Well, them and the police.

But I'm assuming from your post that you're not talking about all guns. If I'm wrong, that's whack Jack, and you should opt to post a sign in front of your house that states "No guns owned on the premises" and see how long it takes before you experience a burglary.

RIP to the eight people who lost their lives to this pathetic loser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"