Shooting at an Omaha shopping mall

Oh man, when I first read the title I thought Barack Obama had been shot at. Had to do a double take. Still...very tragic.

They interviewed one of his friends today and the kid said (and I'm paraphrasing): "He didn't think anything bad about him....He said he wanted to go out in style and he went out in style."

:cmad: I want to reach through the radio and strangle that jackass.

the people i'd like to strangle are the ones in charge of the media coverage. the kid says he wanted to "go out in style" and that he was a nobody and wanted to get some attention for once, so what do the media outlets do? they plaster his face on the front page and give him exactly what he wanted. who knows how many idiots are going to come out of the woodwork and imitate him like he imitated the others before him. ****ing maintstream media, all they care about is sensationalizing stuff like this to get bigger ratings. :down

The thing I will never understand is why if someone is gonna off themselves and end their "crappy" life, why do they feel they have to ruin the lives of others while they do it...that just angers me.

the people i'd like to strangle are the ones in charge of the media coverage. the kid says he wanted to "go out in style" and that he was a nobody and wanted to get some attention for once, so what do the media outlets do? they plaster his face on the front page and give him exactly what he wanted. who knows how many idiots are going to come out of the woodwork and imitate him like he imitated the others before him. ****ing maintstream media, all they care about is sensationalizing stuff like this to get bigger ratings. :down

I agree....and I'm not defending them....but it's supply and demand. People WANT to know who he was and why this happened. His name would get out sooner or later...I don't think there is any way to prevent it. But you're right...he's getting what he wanted in that regard.

The thing I will never understand is why if someone is gonna off themselves and end their "crappy" life, why do they feel they have to ruin the lives of others while they do it...that just angers me.

I don't think we'll ever understand that. Obviously this guy, and people like him, aren't in their right mind. It's difficult for rational people to put meaning to any of this cause...well, we're rational. He's wasn't.

I agree....and I'm not defending them....but it's supply and demand. People WANT to know who he was and why this happened. His name would get out sooner or later...I don't think there is any way to prevent it. But you're right...he's getting what he wanted in that regard.

i understand that, but there should be a limit of how much coverage they give stuff like this. it ends up inspiring more violence when stupid or sick people see this and think they can get famous the same way.

I don't think we'll ever understand that. Obviously this guy, and people like him, aren't in their right mind. It's difficult for rational people to put meaning to any of this cause...well, we're rational. He's wasn't.

it was his one and only chance to get some recognition and the media plays right into it.

Geez it sounds like that kid was really hurting.
I wish there was a better why to identify when someone is so close to the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"