Shots fired, two children hit at Kelly Elementary

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
Two children were shot in the arm at Kelly Elementary School in Carlsbad Friday at about 12:30 p.m., according to a police.

One person is apparently in custody, a weapon was recovered, and police may be looking for a second suspect, according to emergency radio traffic.
One person on a stretcher was seen being put on to a helicopter to be airlifted for medical attention.

The school, located at 4885 Kelly Drive, is locked down. Parents of the approximately 450 students at the school are being told to go to Laguna Riviera Park on Kelly Drive and Park Drive.

Police are conducting a room-to-room search of the campus, according to emergency traffic.

San Diego Sheriff's officials confirmed that Carlsbad police have requested the sheriff's bomb squad to respond after suspicious devices were found.
According to emergency scanner traffic, one student described seeing a white man armed with a hand gun. There was also talk on the police scanner of a gray-haired man wearing sunglasses.

Parents who rushed to the scene were in tears as they waited to hear what had happened and whether their kids were OK.
"My mind is crazy right now. I am dying to hear what is happening," said Alexandra Espidella, who is the mother of four children at the school.
No other information was immediately available.

SOURCE

:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"