Should DC/WB hire James Gunn for Green Lantern Corps?

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Now that DisMar has forsaken him?

jQ7USaq.jpg

DEdX4Q5XcAEPnVF.jpg

------ Medphyll - Hal Jordan - Kilowog - Ch'p - Katma Tui -----
https://i.imgflip.com/5361ln.gif
LucZB4T.jpg

DEdYPDVXoAA97fF.jpg

LOL! He can just one-to-one re-purpose every main character;

1- Hal Jordan/Peter Quill - 1- The Hero- Human, drifter with painful past, watched parent die, never having a chance to say goodbye, or the one answer he sceeked, was he a coward? . Now out to prove otherwise, the cocky and overconfident reckless Star Pilot, find himself joining a team charged with ...Guarding the Galaxy. Discovers he can belong to something bigger than just himself.

2- Katma Tui/Gamora - The exotic Alien heroine- From planet Korugar, like her mentor Sinestro before her. With her suspicious past connection, can she be trusted? Can she shake the distrust associated with her past "relations" and prove she is now one of the good guys?

3- Kilowog/Drax- The Musclebound Alien Brawler, who watched his entire family get slaughtered (blames - Sinestro and Katma see above^), proud last survivor of his kind, out to satisfy revenge for his people, ...but does he really want to kill? Or at heart just want to belong and be part a new "family".

4- Ch'p/Rocket- The irritable Space-Rodent - Annoying, but cute cartoon caricature, might be overcompensating for his look and stature, carries a huge ch'p on his shoulder. Don't make the little guy angry.

5- Medphyll/Groot- The bizarre withdrawn sentient Tree life-form, linked to a cosmic eternally regrowing organic life force- no one really knows much about him, except he will grow on you.

6- Sinestro/Thanos - Villain bent on cosmic domination, collecting color power gems rings on hand, will use his legacy Katma, to get what he needs. ...?

Z. Jordan's father & Mogo / Quill's father & Ego- Accused by Ferris of being a coward, died piloting a test ship going beyond the supraluminal. Though there was no body? Jordan out to prove himself, has perused the answer his whole life, fearlessly at times recklessly taking him to the stars, and beyond. Passed the will-powered ring by an alien, could the Giant Sentient Planet Mogo now hold the answers he seeks?

:oldrazz:

Last edited:
lol that poster

Well, with a poster like that, how could they not?

But generally speaking, no, they probably won't. At least, not at this point when it'd probably be bad PR at the time.

If Disney stick to their guns and don’t rehire him... then HELL YES WB/DC should hire him! It could serve as not only a redemption story for Gunn, but also get some of the more stubborn MCU fans to give a DC film a chance. Also, as Guardians proved, he can go weird and make it palatable for a mainstream audience.

Greater chances of WB hiring Snyder (or even Whedon) for DC movies again than them hiring Gunn.

If anything I'd advocate him for a Booster & Beetle movie.

blue-beetle-booster-gold-e1442740862500.jpg

Would look like a desperate move on WB/DC’s part.

And you’d think they’d learned their lesson about Marvel refugees after Joss/Justice League.

No. I don't agree with Disney's business decision, but for a previously failed IP like Green Lantern that NEEDS to succeed I don't want a director with that kind of baggage.

No. Even if Gunn didn't have that baggage, he wouldn't be my preferred choice. Green Lantern needs to have its own flavor, not be "another space comedy by the same Marvel director". Geoff Johns himself stated at SDCC that GL shouldn't be "DC's Guardians of the Galaxy", so even if the recent events surrounding Gunn never transpired, I doubt WB should consider a director like him for this movie.

Eh... Gunn will work again and he may even work on another work based on a comic book. He may even work on a DC project. He might even one day get asked by Marvel Studios to do something... But if GLC is done like GOTG... Sorry, that's just not how I want a GLC film to be done.

Did WB pinch Jaimie Alexander for WW, or they raised their own superstar?

No for me

Plus the political s***storm coming from both camps when you hire this guy, Hamada doesn't need another circus post-JL

Judging from the level of support he's received he's clearly popular with his co-workers, and he's obviously immensely talented. I don't believe his career's over. He may even work on a DC movie one day. That said, I don't see any way that WB will hire him at the moment.

I love Guardians and Gunn is great for certain projects. I wouldn’t pick him for GLC though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"