A Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) TV Show? Cool!

Not necessarily. If you make some of the episodes drama heavy. You could use minimum green lantern effects. Simple green flashes and such. Could be great and still keep the cost down a bit.

:gl: :gl: :gl:

Green flashes won't cut it for GL.

The character has one of the universe's most powerful weapons on their finger.

You won't convince the audience the rings mean ***** if he only uses it as a flashlight.

:D

Not possible with today's special effects. The budget is a huge road block here.

WB would want to keep the risks at a minimum. It'd need a show-runner smart enough to appease the higher ups while simultaneously providing quality entertainment that anyone could get into. Anything less and they'll turn it into Smallville. :(

Which won't be done on the usual networks. Sci-Fi is possible cable channel with Galactica but it requires a huge commitment from WB. The best bet are premium channels like HBO. They aren't afraid of shows getting gritty or chickening out to appeal to the kiddies.

Kellel:

Sorry protocida.

yeah, if they can't do this right then they shouldn't do it at all, IMO. I don't want Smallville GL. I want too see THE GL, costume, powers and all.

The SFX don't have to be better than a movie, what I meant was that a GL show should be something people would rather watch the than see a movie.

I don't think that HBO is a good idea. they'll get less viewers that way.

SciFi maybe....

To bad about the WB D-bags tho....

I Think we'll have to create more villains. Hal's gallery is very little. Here are some concepts for the future seasons:

HUNGER - American inventor called by the CIA to investigate Black Hand's absorving device. He gets blowed up and becomes a creature that need of Green Lantern energy to survive.

GOLDEN HUNTER - A American captain that uses a armor made up with Abin's rocket components, stole by CIA.

I Think we'll have to create more villains. Hal's gallery is very little. Here are some concepts for the future seasons:

HUNGER - American inventor called by the CIA to investigate Black Hand's absorving device. He gets blowed up and becomes a creature that need of Green Lantern energy to survive.

GOLDEN HUNTER - A American captain that uses a armor made up with Abin's rocket components, stole by CIA.

GL has plenty of villains to use.

They just have to be executed well.

You won't convince the audience the rings mean ***** if he only uses it as a flashlight.

LMAO!! Oh, god, that would be soooo cheap...

From head:

. Sinestro.
. Star Shappire.
. Black Hand.
. Dr. Polaris.
. Sonar.
. Hector Hammond.
. Shark.
. Bolphunga.
. Amor Sur.
. Igneo.
. Dominiuns.
. Predator.
. The Hunters.

By the way, could you point the best and the worse episode i wrote? :yay:

Don't try to control me! :cmad:

A Few things:

. Hal is the first human on corps. So, they don't trust him. That's why he is accused of killing Abin and is bashed by the other Lanterns, specially Chummuck.

. I Mix the classic and the modern age GL Supporting cast, and got a little romantic tension to shake things up.

. Hal is supposed to be someone, at the same time, amused by everything that happened and scared by everything that happened. But corageus at large.

. Gabriel Michaels and the CIA will have their own subplot, and will be responsable by one of GL greatest foes.

Easy bud, LOL! Nobody's trying to control you, I just didn't like the fact that they'd accuse Hal of killing Abin. I mean the ring chose HIM for ****sakes! :huh:

Other than that, your stuff is great! :yay:

From head:

. Sinestro.
. Star Shappire.
. Black Hand.
. Dr. Polaris.
. Sonar.
. Hector Hammond.
. Shark.
. Bolphunga.
. Amor Sur.
. Igneo.
. Dominiuns.
. Predator.
. The Hunters.

THAT's what i'm talkin' about! :woot:

yeah, if they can't do this right then they shouldn't do it at all, IMO. I don't want Smallville GL. I want too see THE GL, costume, powers and all.

Same here.

The SFX don't have to be better than a movie, what I meant was that a GL show should be something people would rather watch the than see a movie.

SFX is only part of it. It'll need a great cast, good writers (who should be researching GL heavily!) and storylines that are smart.

The show shouldn't afraid to show all sides of the GL mythos. The horror, alien civilizations, universal threats, wacky super-villains, planets being destroyed, Hal being a soldier in the Corps. and a space cop. It should be like Doctor Who with its complexity.

I don't think that HBO is a good idea. they'll get less viewers that way.

You're options very limited with a property like this.

SciFi maybe....

They need massive funding for something a show on this scale. IIRC NBC did the heavy lifting financially with Battlestar Galactica. GL would be in the same position.

To bad about the WB D-bags tho....

They're showing some gumption with JL. They've still got a long way to go in showing their faith in franchises which aren't Batman and Superman. They'll throw any franchise under a bus if they fail ignoring the fact they don't do good adaptions to begin with and not seeing the potential that will remain untapped unless they do something about it because they won't do the proper research or hiring the best people for the job.

From head:

. Sinestro.
. Star Shappire.
. Black Hand.
. Dr. Polaris.
. Sonar.
. Hector Hammond.
. Shark.
. Bolphunga.
. Amor Sur.
. Igneo.
. Dominiuns.
. Predator.
. The Hunters.

I'd like to see the Sinestro Corps. War in live action for a season or two. Not a toned down version.

It'd need plenty of build up from the first few season/s to work.

By the way, could you point the best and the worse episode i wrote? :yay:

Not really, LOL! I quite frankly liked all of them. they were amazing. But i'll let you know as soon as I think of something more specific sometime...

Can you do some for season 2?? :oldrazz: :word:

I'd like to see the Sinestro Corps. in live action in a season or two. Not a toned down version.

Dude! did you read the beginning of the thread? I want Sin Corps to be in season 5, BIIIIIG FIGHTS!!!

No holds barred!! Power rings a blazin'!! :woot:

Kellel:

Just skimmed it. :D

Sinestro Corps. War would require massive faith from WB. Enough that they won't dumb down the plot and make the fight scenes less bloody.

I'm talking about after his powers have been established with the flashy stuff. Sometimes you can have a great episode without using his power much at all. Not all the time of course. I'm just talking about every now and then.

I'm talking about after his powers have been established with the flashy stuff. Sometimes you can have a great episode without using his power much at all. Not all the time of course. I'm just talking about every now and then.

That would fine for an episode or two.

Have Hal on an alien planet powerless with some bad guys hunting him.

After establishing his powers it would be stupid for him not to be using them when he's GL. The audience will think he's an idiot if he doesn't use it.

Same here.

SFX is only part of it. It'll need a great cast, good writers (who should be researching GL heavily!) and storylines that are smart.

The show shouldn't afraid to show all sides of the GL mythos. The horror, alien civilizations, universal threats, wacky super-villains, planets being destroyed, Hal being a soldier in the Corps. and a space cop. It should be like Doctor Who with its complexity.

You're options very limited with a property like this.

They need massive funding for something a show on this scale. IIRC NBC did the heavy lifting financially with Battlestar Galactica. GL would be in the same position.

They're showing some gumption with JL. They've still got a long way to go in showing their faith in franchises which aren't Batman and Superman. They'll throw any franchise under a bus if they fail ignoring the fact they don't do good adaptions to begin with and not seeing the potential that will remain untapped unless they do something about it because they won't do the proper research or hiring the best people for the job.

Hot damn that was good!! Great post, brotherman! :word:

Kellel:

Just skimmed it. :D

Sinestro Corps. War would require massive faith from WB. Enough that they won't dumb down the plot and make the fight scenes less bloody.

Oh, the fight scenes have to be epic. Return of the Jedi like is what I wanna see. :woot:

There's a way to do SC without doing it EXACTLY like the comics and have it still be AWESOME. I think it could be done, i really do...:word:

That would fine for an episode or two.

Have Hal on an alien planet powerless with some bad guys hunting him.

After establishing his powers it would be stupid for him not to be using them when he's GL. The audience will think he's an idiot if he doesn't use it.

Oh, OK, I get it. :yay:

that would be cool for an episode....

I want to see some Silver Age stuff in the show occasionally. (sorry)

Oh, OK, I get it. :yay:

that would be cool for an episode....

I want to see some Silver Age stuff in the show occasionally. (sorry)
As long as its updated well in live action I'm fine with it.

Oh, the fight scenes have to be epic. Return of the Jedi like is what I wanna see. :woot:

Exactly!

There's a way to do SC without doing it EXACTLY like the comics and have it still be AWESOME. I think it could be done, i really do...:word:

I agree.

SEASON II:

1. TRAINING.

Hal continues his training with Sinestro, that keeps him under vigilance so he can't go back to Korugar. Hal don't like Sinestro acting and asks Sallak to help him with the Shape-shiffting abillities of the Ring. As a Korugarian, Hal discovers someone is keeping the planet under control.

2. TRUTH.

Hal and Katma face the Korugarian police and find out the ''Mighy'' is Sinestro itself! :wow: Sinestro know that Hal was in Korugar, even that he scaped from there. Time for revenge.

3. CONSPIRACY.

Hal and Sinestro go to sector 2132, where the Spider-Guild acts. Sinestro warms Hal to do not go back to Korugar and knocks him on the planet, leaving Hal alone with the disgusting creatures of the Guilds world.

4. FRIENDS.

Hal calls for help, but much of the Lanterns ignore him. Howhever, Chummuck answers the call and go save Hal. He asks why and Chummuck explains that only a honorated man can defeat him in battle. They runaway and Hal prepares for his vengeance.

5. REVELATION.

Hal and Chummuck reveal to Killowog and Sallak that Sinestro is improving his will with the Ring. Sinestro bashes Hal and the corps support him. When Hal is about to get blowed by the corps, The guardians show up. A Big explosion happens before they can act. Sinestro runned away.

6. CONFRONTATION.

Using his power Ring, Sinestro sends fake versions of him to get traced by the corps. With only Hal, Chummuck, Killowog, Sallak and Arisia onde Oa, Sinestro attacks, trying to reach the battery. The guardians don't do nothing. Sinestro enters the battery and becomes a powerful creature.

7. BATTLE.

Supported by the Lanterns, Hal faces Sinestro inside the Baterry, man-to-man, and wins. With the Guardians acting, Sinestro loses everything and his ring is destroyed. He is send to Qward. Meanwhile, the Guardians choose Katma as his replacemente.

8. TRAP.

Katma is called by the Korugarians and, when she gets it, is attacked by them. Hal goes after her, but they are in civil war after Sinestro decease and want her ring. Undercovering, he saves her and sees that Korugar needs help. So, he chooses Moranik-Natu, medic, to lead the planet, after he save him of the insane crew.

9. REVENGE.

Sinestro manipulates the warlords of Qward to make him a yellow power ring. Meanwhile, Hal goes back to Earth and discovers everyone is mad at him when his brother confirmed he was not visitating. Hal is fired, and is being monitorated by CIA. When he becomes Green Lantern, the agents show up and arrest him with a gravitacional devide.

10. CATIVITY.

Hal is confronted by Gabriels to reveal everything and refuses. Doctor Hector Hammond tortures him to activate the ring and tell everything, but Hal refuses. Gabriel shots Hal.

11. RUNWAY.

His ring is without power. He is bleeding. He is being chased down by his own govern. He is Hal Jordan. And he is by his own.

12. SAFETY.

Hal goes to the hospital, where he get's internat. Carol finds him and gives him a place back on Ferris. They kiss. Gill sees everything and it's really mad. In the meantime, Gabriel decides to use a different aproach and finds Harold Jordan, Hal's cousin.

13. PROTECTOR.

Hal realizes Earth needs a protector more than everyone and decides to fight crime, using Green Lantern as his codname. On a planet called Xanaclor, Sinestro returns, whit another uniform and ring. And he wants Jordan dead,.

SEASON II:

1. TRAINING.

Hal continues his training with Sinestro, that keeps him under vigilance so he can't go back to Korugar. Hal don't like Sinestro acting and asks Sallak to help him with the Shape-shiffting abillities of the Ring. As a Korugarian, Hal discovers someone is keeping the planet under control.

2. TRUTH.

Hal and Katma face the Korugarian police and find out the ''Mighy'' is Sinestro itself! :wow: Sinestro know that Hal was in Korugar, even that he scaped from there. Time for revenge.

3. CONSPIRACY.

Hal and Sinestro go to sector 2132, where the Spider-Guild acts. Sinestro warms Hal to do not go back to Korugar and knocks him on the planet, leaving Hal alone with the disgusting creatures of the Guilds world.

4. FRIENDS.

Hal calls for help, but much of the Lanterns ignore him. Howhever, Chummuck answers the call and go save Hal. He asks why and Chummuck explains that only a honorated man can defeat him in battle. They runaway and Hal prepares for his vengeance.

5. REVELATION.

Hal and Chummuck reveal to Killowog and Sallak that Sinestro is improving his will with the Ring. Sinestro bashes Hal and the corps support him. When Hal is about to get blowed by the corps, The guardians show up. A Big explosion happens before they can act. Sinestro runned away.

6. CONFRONTATION.

Using his power Ring, Sinestro sends fake versions of him to get traced by the corps. With only Hal, Chummuck, Killowog, Sallak and Arisia onde Oa, Sinestro attacks, trying to reach the battery. The guardians don't do nothing. Sinestro enters the battery and becomes a powerful creature.

7. BATTLE.

Supported by the Lanterns, Hal faces Sinestro inside the Baterry, man-to-man, and wins. With the Guardians acting, Sinestro loses everything and his ring is destroyed. He is send to Qward. Meanwhile, the Guardians choose Katma as his replacemente.

8. TRAP.

Katma is called by the Korugarians and, when she gets it, is attacked by them. Hal goes after her, but they are in civil war after Sinestro decease and want her ring. Undercovering, he saves her and sees that Korugar needs help. So, he chooses Moranik-Natu, medic, to lead the planet, after he save him of the insane crew.

9. REVENGE.

Sinestro manipulates the warlords of Qward to make him a yellow power ring. Meanwhile, Hal goes back to Earth and discovers everyone is mad at him when his brother confirmed he was not visitating. Hal is fired, and is being monitorated by CIA. When he becomes Green Lantern, the agents show up and arrest him with a gravitacional devide.

10. CATIVITY.

Hal is confronted by Gabriels to reveal everything and refuses. Doctor Hector Hammond tortures him to activate the ring and tell everything, but Hal refuses. Gabriel shots Hal.

11. RUNWAY.

His ring is without power. He is bleeding. He is being chased down by his own govern. He is Hal Jordan. And he is by his own.

12. SAFETY.

Hal goes to the hospital, where he get's internat. Carol finds him and gives him a place back on Ferris. They kiss. Gill sees everything and it's really mad. In the meantime, Gabriel decides to use a different aproach and finds Harold Jordan, Hal's cousin.

13. PROTECTOR.

Hal realizes Earth needs a protector more than everyone and decides to fight crime, using Green Lantern as his codname. On a planet called Xanaclor, Sinestro returns, whit another uniform and ring. And he wants Jordan dead,.

SWEEEEET!!!! AGAIN AGAIN!! Great work, my man! Just excellent.

I'd like you to do another season if you're interested.......

And thanks for following the season summaries I posted earlier, bro. :yay:

BRING ON SEASON 3!!!!! :word::woot::yay:

Just off the top of my head, I think that David Boreanaz should play GL and Courtney Cox should play Carol Ferris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"