Should SV Superman theme?

Reaction score
I was just wondering if Clark should have his own Superman theme or theme when he is about to do something Superman like I mean for example:

Reeve/Donner movies (Williams theme)
Routh/ Singer (Williams/ and Ottman for those who don't remember the music playing when recharging in the sun)
S:TAS, L&C, Superboy ( their theme songs)

So I am wondering if Welling should also have a theme of his own as well. I mean I think it is only fitting since IMO he ranks right up there with the best of them.

SV has already used the stm theme

but thats not Clark's theme or Welling that was Reeve when ever it was used it was done mostly when talking to Reeve. Welling needs his own Superman music since they can't use the Williams score.

The Williams' theme IS the Superman theme. It may have started with S:TM and C. Reeve, but it's been used in other incarnations since then including SV. It's not specific to one actor. It harkens Superman, no matter who plays the character - kinda like the James Bond theme.

I'm good with what they're doing for music in SV now. After six seasons, I think it might be a bit strange to introduce a new "theme" for Clark or the show in general. Mark Snow is doing a great job. If SV were to get made into a film however, I wouldn't mind hearing something different. I think the Williams' theme, while beautiful, is over-played. I'd be up for something new.

So, no changes music-wise to the show, yes to a new theme if SV were adapted into a feature length film. Hans Zimmer, preferably. Does that answer your question?

The Williams' theme IS the Superman theme. It may have started with S:TM and C. Reeve, but it's been used in other incarnations since then including SV. It's not specific to one actor. It harkens Superman, no matter who plays the character - kinda like the James Bond theme.

I'm good with what they're doing for music in SV now. After six seasons, I think it might be a bit strange to introduce a new "theme" for Clark or the show in general. Mark Snow is doing a great job. If SV were to get made into a film however, I wouldn't mind hearing something different. I think the Williams' theme, while beautiful, is over-played. I'd be up for something new.

So, no changes music-wise to the show, yes to a new theme if SV were adapted into a feature length film. Hans Zimmer, preferably. Does that answer your question?
No because of the simple fact what I am talking about is this when you normally see Clark Kent in the movies about to change into Superman and about to race off you hear that Williams theme or in JLU or S:TAS you would hear the theme when Superman is about to do something or change. Welling should have a theme like that so when SV is over a theme you can have a strong theme ala Williams to remember him by instead of "Save Me". Look at Lois and Clark Cain has his theme, TAS has its theme, Reeves has his own theme, Routh has his own theme, Superboy has his own theme. Welling needs one as well IMO.

why not? it would be something for his own interpretation of clark and really wouldn't detract from anything

No because of the simple fact what I am talking about is this when you normally see Clark Kent in the movies about to change into Superman and about to race off you hear that Williams theme or in JLU or S:TAS you would hear the theme when Superman is about to do something or change. Welling should have a theme like that...
Wait! I'm confused. When does that happen on SV? :p

so when SV is over a theme you can have a strong theme ala Williams to remember him by instead of "Save Me".
Well, the "Save Me" theme is pretty well known, even though they don't play it in the show (besides Tempest).

Look at Lois and Clark Cain has his theme, TAS has its theme, Reeves has his own theme, Routh has his own theme, Superboy has his own theme. Welling needs one as well IMO.
You really think that's necessary now after six years? I'm not against it, but I don't think it's particularly important either. Unless the show evolves beyond its current incarnation - we're looking at one more season, *possibly* two - it's kind of superfluous at this point, doncha think?

Personally, I don't care one way or another. I'm good with the "Save Me" tune. As lame as it is, it evokes SV and is very representative of the show's flavor, IMHO. I can't for the life of me remember the one in Superboy, the one in L&C was okay but not particularly amazing in the annals of television scores, Routh's theme is just an adaptation of Williams' version for Reeve, and TAS is... well... animated, so it's a different kettle of fish.

If you want to talk theme music, Adam West has 'em all beat... Dadadadadadadadadadadadada... Batman! LOL

Wait! I'm confused. When does that happen on SV? :p

Well, the "Save Me" theme is pretty well known, even though they don't play it in the show (besides Tempest).

You really think that's necessary now after six years? I'm not against it, but I don't think it's particularly important either. Unless the show evolves beyond its current incarnation - we're looking at one more season, *possibly* two - it's kind of superfluous at this point, doncha think?

Personally, I don't care one way or another. I'm good with the "Save Me" tune. As lame as it is, it evokes SV and is very representative of the show's flavor, IMHO. I can't for the life of me remember the one in Superboy, the one in L&C was okay but not particularly amazing in the annals of television scores, Routh's theme is just an adaptation of Williams' version for Reeve, and TAS is... well... animated, so it's a different kettle of fish.

If you want to talk theme music, Adam West has 'em all beat... Dadadadadadadadadadadadada... Batman! LOL
No its not Routh's theme is very different his is when you see Superman hovering in space and flying up to the sun to recharge and Superboy's was okay I only remember it because I have it on DVD but still it had its own theme and I think Welling should have one as well.

No its not Routh's theme is very different his is when you see Superman hovering in space and flying up to the sun
Um.. okay, if you say so. I've watched the film twice. I don't remember the theme played during those scenes, and I usually pay attention to that sort of stuff. The major fanfare is what folks usually remember, and in this case, I'd default to Williams' themes. But whatever. It's all good. :D

Superboy's was okay I only remember it because I have it on DVD but still it had its own theme and I think Welling should have one as well.
Okay. I'm not arguing with you. As I said, I don't care either way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"