Should there be a directors cut?

I doubt that a Director's Cut will do much since it's not like the LOTR where Snyder shot an excessive amount of footage, let alone non-action ones, where he later decided to cut them out due to time constraints. There isn't much that Snyder could add to the current cut of the film.

how much exactly was cut? i heard there was at least an hour cut from the film... dont remember where it was from though :(

If anything, the existing cut should be the directors.cut. the theatrical version should have been shorter

how much exactly was cut? i heard there was at least an hour cut from the film... dont remember where it was from though :(

From what we were told, the only things that they cut was a scene involving the Kents taking a baby Clark to the hospital and Lois being interrogated by the military about Superman.

If anything, the existing cut should be the directors.cut. the theatrical version should have been shorter

Not directed at you necessarily (you're entitled to your opinion) but I dont understand why anyone would ever say this about any movie. The size of a movie doesn't affect its quality. So if you can't handle more than 2 hours of a movie, leave early. Let the rest of us enjoy as much as we can out of it.

I feel the same about PJ's King Kong and obviously LotR. Watchmen is another great example. For films over three hours I would understand having an intermission. But I have no problem getting more movie for my money.

From what we were told, the only things that they cut was a scene involving the Kents taking a baby Clark to the hospital and Lois being interrogated by the military about Superman.

Well... the missing baby Clark scene was a little glaring. If it's good I'd be happy to see it. And with the addition of those two/few scenes perhaps the movie will be at a more even pace (since pacing and jumping around was a big complaint by some fans).

None of the cut scenes we've heard about seem to warrant the need for a director's cut. That term is thrown around way too much now. A true "director's cut" should be the directors true vision that he wasn't able to get through into the theatrical release. Nothing about MoS sounds like that case.

Deleted Scenes=/Director's Cut.

Might aswell have an extended cut aswell as the theatrical cut, give people the option I say

But we know from the trailers that some dialogue was cut too so I know it wouldn't be much but they could restore that too

But we know from the trailers that some dialogue was cut too so I know it wouldn't be much but they could restore that too

Ayelet Zurer said there was some stuff cut from the scenes surrounding Kal's birth on Krypton as well, but she decided to refrain from elaborating.

Ayelet Zurer said there was some stuff cut from the scenes surrounding Kal's birth on Krypton as well, but she decided to refrain from elaborating.

That is true, I don't remember having seen this moment anywhere:

Man-of-Steel-Ayelet-Zurer-as-Lara.jpg

Her costume isn't the same one that she had one when Jor-el was there to have Clark placed into the spaceship.

I think you mean an extended cut, not director's cut. And if so, yes.

I'd be surprised if there isn't some extensive footage that was cut cause the movie feels way too choppy in the first half for me.

There is also a photo of Martha Kent holding baby Clark.

I want that scene, more living scenes from the Kent's the better

I'd take any additional scenes or footage of Clark pre-FoS. And any dialogue led scenes. Really hope we see an extended cut.

I'd be curious where that photo fits in as it doesn't really make sense for Clark to be 'flashing back' or remembering it as he's only a baby there.

I'd be curious where that photo fits in as it doesn't really make sense for Clark to be 'flashing back' or remembering it as he's only a baby there.

From what I remember reading, Snyder said in one of his interviews on how we were supposed to originally cut to seeing a scene of the Kents with a baby Clark right after Clark's ship crashed into Kansas, as opposed to jumping to the Fish Boat 33 years later.

Absolutely, this film should have been 3 hours long, I want more!

Yep. The assembly cut I heard was OVER 3 hours. Now there probably won't be a 3.5 hour director's cut, but could you imagine what an extra half hour of footage would do?

Who the hell was the troll that voted no? Why would anyone vote no?

Extended cut might do wonders for the first half. I was mad that they didn't show the Kents opening up the rocket to see Kal-El.

Yep. The assembly cut I heard was OVER 3 hours. Now there probably won't be a 3.5 hour director's cut, but could you imagine what an extra half hour of footage would do?

that's what i was thinking of... the assembly cut... i want to see that version of the film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"