More Superman tech needs to be showcased

Definitely want to see more high tech. I like how in the animated movies like Apocalypse, Doomsday and All-Star (and the TV series) we do see computers and robots, and stuff like Kal-El writing in Kryptonian. Plus there's a mixture of computers and machines with the more mysterious tech like globes and the crystals.

It would be cool to have all the classic elements like the super-science lab, the weapons room, the habitat, etc., but updated. But if it isn't all there in the first movie they can show it being built up.

I imagine we'll see plenty of tech on Krypton. I also imagine they'll save any of the more Superman specific tech for a sequel. I think it might just be a hair too much for one movie, especially with how gigantic this movie is suggesting it's going to be.

Maybe have Clark starting to embrace his Kryptonian heritage and beginning to create some of the stuff we've seen in comics and TV.

What if the FOS was not on Earth but he installed it on the dark side of the moon. It always bugged me that the Fortress of Solitude was visited by everyone from Lois to Lex. There is no way that it would not be found if it was on Earth.

If it was some tech device which created a dome on the dark side of the moon it would give a sense of him still being from the stars. It's his one place where he could escape from this world. Jor-El also might have hoped that there were other survivors and created it with communication devices or telescopes which could only work from outside Earth's atmosphere.

Superman; "AH HA!!!"

Zod; "GOD!...I HATE CELLOPHANE!!!"

Lois; " THAT SOUND!" IT's Soooo annoying!

What if the FOS was not on Earth but he installed it on the dark side of the moon. It always bugged me that the Fortress of Solitude was visited by everyone from Lois to Lex. There is no way that it would not be found if it was on Earth.

If it was some tech device which created a dome on the dark side of the moon it would give a sense of him still being from the stars. It's his one place where he could escape from this world. Jor-El also might have hoped that there were other survivors and created it with communication devices or telescopes which could only work from outside Earth's atmosphere.

Do you mean in the films? Because that could easily be fixed with the standard fact that no one can get in unless they're strong enough to use the key to get in. In the Reeve films and Smallville, people can just walk right in with no problem, thus defeating part of the purpose of the place.

I see no need to move it to the Moon. As far as Jor-El goes, I thought the whole point was that he sent Clark to Earth as a last ditch effort.

Was it in the comics before the Reeve film, that Jor-El set up the Fortress for Clark or did Clark decide to build the place on his own?

If there is tech involved (and I hope so) I'd like to see Superman intelligently aware of some Kryptonian tech eventually.
Not a genuis, but someone who has learned how to use some advanced technology.

Do you mean in the films? Because that could easily be fixed with the standard fact that no one can get in unless they're strong enough to use the key to get in. In the Reeve films and Smallville, people can just walk right in with no problem, thus defeating part of the purpose of the place.

I see no need to move it to the Moon. As far as Jor-El goes, I thought the whole point was that he sent Clark to Earth as a last ditch effort.

Was it in the comics before the Reeve film, that Jor-El set up the Fortress for Clark or did Clark decide to build the place on his own?

The easy access in the films were stupid but it's not about anyone getting in. This is a fortress of solitude. Solitude is the meditative practive about being alone but not lonely. It's an escape from the crowd. The entire world place a demand on Superman's time and attention. This is the one place he can just be on his own. Placing it on Earth means that he will always be found in some way or the other. Even in All Star Superman there was a big door that allowed you entry. Imagine that in the real world. There would be thousands camped outside of it, lobbying for his help like a god.

Jor-El didn't put this in place at the last minute. He had been warning Krypton in advance that their sun will go supernova. If you were him, you would build your son a safe haven which had to have the means to contact any other survivors.

The comics had both takes on it but Clark would have been better off with a Wayne style house/cave as opposed to an exposed structure if he built it himself.

The easy access in the films were stupid but it's not about anyone getting in. This is a fortress of solitude. Solitude is the meditative practive about being alone but not lonely. It's an escape from the crowd. The entire world place a demand on Superman's time and attention. This is the one place he can just be on his own. Placing it on Earth means that he will always be found in some way or the other. Even in All Star Superman there was a big door that allowed you entry. Imagine that in the real world. There would be thousands camped outside of it, lobbying for his help like a god.

Jor-El didn't put this in place at the last minute. He had been warning Krypton in advance that their sun will go supernova. If you were him, you would build your son a safe haven which had to have the means to contact any other survivors.

The comics had both takes on it but Clark would have been better off with a Wayne style house/cave as opposed to an exposed structure if he built it himself.

But, that's sounds like a "what if" type of situation. Does this happen in the comics? I haven't heard anything like that before. And it's not like the Arctic is an easy place to go to and just wait for someone when you have no idea how much he frequents the place. If it's not really an issue in the comics, I see no need to make it one in this film as well.

Yeah, Jor-El knew Earth's sun would give him powers, but he can't know of everything that could happen. Wasn't a space ship a model? He couldn't have known if it would really make it safely, but it was better than leaving his son to die too.

What other survivors would there be to contact? Wasn't he (and Kara) the only ones to leave?

No thanks. I've never embraced the most sci-fi tech sides of Superman myself.

If they go with a futuristic tech route, I think they need to point out that Krypton has a...authoritative government, hence why it would be hard for anyone to leave the planet via ship.

There are so many damn threads in this forum, it's ridiculous. I wish everyone just posted in the news thread like on the batman board.

I like that idea. It makes sense because, like you said, it's the Fortress of Solitude, not the Fortress of "Come-and do-whatever-you-want-with-Superman's-technology-just-don't-break-it".

If they go with a futuristic tech route, I think they need to point out that Krypton has a...authoritative government, hence why it would be hard for anyone to leave the planet via ship.

I've thought about ways to make it difficult to escape Krypton's destruction. Back when Superman was created, deep space travel was a far out concept and space provided enough of a barrier to evacuating a planet.

What if Krypton were surrounded by something akin to the galactic barrier from Star Trek, some impenetrable obstacle that even the greatest scientific minds in the universe couldn't overcome, until Jor-El?

Last edited:
On Smallville, they had some sort of portal system so they didn't need ships to travel to other planets. But, it was before the end of Krypton that the Council shut down the system and Jor-El had no choice but to use a ship. I forget the reason why they shut it down.

Anyway, like you guys were saying, maybe only a select few could have access to using ships/make ships that could travel so far. But, since no one listened to Jor-El, no one got prepared.

But, that's sounds like a "what if" type of situation. Does this happen in the comics? I haven't heard anything like that before. And it's not like the Arctic is an easy place to go to and just wait for someone when you have no idea how much he frequents the place. If it's not really an issue in the comics, I see no need to make it one in this film as well.

Yeah, Jor-El knew Earth's sun would give him powers, but he can't know of everything that could happen. Wasn't a space ship a model? He couldn't have known if it would really make it safely, but it was better than leaving his son to die too.

What other survivors would there be to contact? Wasn't he (and Kara) the only ones to leave?

Superman built it personally in the classic comics-he didn't use a crystal to build it for him. So it is much more like the Batcave, which Batman found under the manor, of course, but the systems and features inside of them he

On Smallville, they had some sort of portal system so they didn't need ships to travel to other planets. But, it was before the end of Krypton that the Council shut down the system and Jor-El had no choice but to use a ship. I forget the reason why they shut it down.

Anyway, like you guys were saying, maybe only a select few could have access to using ships/make ships that could travel so far. But, since no one listened to Jor-El, no one got prepared.

After the terrorist Jax-Ur used a missile to destroy Krypton's colonized moon Wegthor, the space program was blamed and made to disband. It was headed by Jor-El and Lara was it's best astronaut. Although Jor-El was still held in high regard and in fact, as Krypton's high prosecutor, personally sentenced Jax-Ur to a lifetime term in the Phantom Zone, it was actually this event that marked the first time the Science Council had terminated one of his programs.

Superman built it personally in the classic comics-he didn't use a crystal to build it for him. So it is much more like the Batcave, which Batman found under the manor, of course, but the systems and features inside of them he

After the terrorist Jax-Ur used a missile to destroy Krypton's colonized moon Wegthor, the space program was blamed and made to disband. It was headed by Jor-El and Lara was it's best astronaut. Although Jor-El was still held in high regard and in fact, as Krypton's high prosecutor, personally sentenced Jax-Ur to a lifetime term in the Phantom Zone, it was actually this event that marked the first time the Science Council had terminated one of his programs.

Thanks. I always liked the idea of him making it on his own accord. And that it was a place with a variety of things instead of just an empty crystal palace.

Sounds like the SV producers went with that story, but changed it a little bit. I didn't know Jax-Ur was an actual character. I just assumed Timm an co. made him up and based him on Stamp's Zod.

Thanks. I always liked the idea of him making it on his own accord. And that it was a place with a variety of things instead of just an empty crystal palace.

Sounds like the SV producers went with that story, but changed it a little bit. I didn't know Jax-Ur was an actual character. I just assumed Timm an co. made him up and based him on Stamp's Zod.

No, Jax-Ur was the original big bad of the PZ villains. Dru-Zod was a second banana really.

No, Jax-Ur was the original big bad of the PZ villains. Dru-Zod was a second banana really.

Interesting. Now I wonder why they didn't use him instead of Zod for the Donner films. Same with Faora instead of Ursa.

Anyway, besides having some Kryptonian tech, I'd like to see Superman take after his father and also be like a scientist or show that he has some form of genius. Sort of like a Renaissance man.

Superman should be louder, more obnoxious, and have access to a time machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"