Sequels Should they introduce Kara Zor-El in the sequels?

Should they introduce Kara Zor-El in the sequels?

Yes. His Return from Krypton gave the writters an opening in which they can introduce Kara Zor-EL .

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
And Kristen Bell SHOULD play Kara/Supergirl. Dont even deny it.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz...0.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Bell, Kristen (I)

Thats Supergirl right there.
kristen-bell-gm_l4.jpg

Veronica Mars as Kara Zor-EL / Supergirl , that's not a bad idea .

karawall48copy7hk.jpg

combocaz said:
no i cant stand female sidekicks.
Whereas the non-canon ridiculous offspring of Superman is perfectly acceptable...

Give me Kara over Jason anyday. However, given Singer's choices, we'll never see her. Singer was bound and determined to bring in Superman's son. Now that he and his whack pack of Harris and Daugherty have opened up the offspring can by introducing Jason, it's highly unlikely we'll ever see Kara.

IF they do, they need to model it after how the "Superman" animated show did it (the show that comes on Boomerang alongside "Batman",)... that interpretation was flawless and nicely handled.

But yes, I would like to see Kara as Supergirl in one of the sequel movies. Not for sure if there is any chance of that ever happening, though.

it would've been nice to introduce Supergirl in the last Superman trilogy, it'll be like springboard to the reboot of her own movie franchise.

Steelsheen said:
it would've been nice to introduce Supergirl in the last Superman trilogy, it'll be like springboard to the reboot of her own movie franchise.

I definitely agree with you. That's one ball that Singer dropped by introducing Jason into the mix. Kara would have appealed to another demographic and brought another niche of fans into the film, and if it were Elisha Cuthbert, or Hilary Duff as widely speculated it could have been.

Singer's approach will unlikely see that happen. He has a tendancy to downplay the impact of females in his films. Evidenced by the limited roles in Apt Pupil, Usual Suspects, and both X-Men films. He did have a major role for Lois Lane, but Superman canon pretty much requires it.

Singer dropped the ball with many missed opportunities. Kara really rocked in STAS/JL/JLU, and it would have been great to see her on-screen in a quality manner.

One twist would be having Kara come in toward the last as a child.

Superman would have someone super in his life to relate to but he
would refuse to go the 'sidekick' route for obvious reasons.

He would want Kara to have a chance at a normal childhood even though
she is way ahead of himself at the same age or Jason in the metahuman
department.

Superpowers,death of her world AND being a little girl.

Those wouldn't be easy burdens on anyone.

She could be Kal-el's biological/legal cousin or not but she would be established
as having a sufficiently similar but different genetic code that she can't be assumed to be headed for the same power development as Superman plus the 'incest factor'
would not exist if she and JASON were to perpetuate the Kryptonian line.

Kara gets to be a regular moppet even as she absorbs her new culture,learns to control
her gifts and ponders whether she will one day become a heroine.

(Yes,Superman's life is a cautionary tale but she's also growing up with Hermione,
Pippi Longstocking,Heinlein's Pee Wee and Podkayne,the Leewit,Roald Dahl's Matilda,
Sidney,Buffy,Veronica Mars,Samantha Carter and role models such as Martha Kent.)

She can imagine herself as applying her skills to save the world just like the girls in the
video games-only without the cleavage.

When a bully locks her in an abandoned freezer that had not been child-proofed,
she wonders how she can escape without revealing her secret.

She manages to get a clue to Jason who has to figure out a way of releasing her without HIS secret coming to light.

He does so in a typical Clark fashion and warns his young friend.

" Little girls do NOT belong in refrigerators!"

She gives him a 'DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!' look and replies: "I know that!"

He is busy trying to understand who he is and why he can do the things he can
(sometimes).

Why does his body seem so strong one minute and unable to perform basic functions
like breathing the next?

His mom says that's just the way he was born and it's something he has to make the
best of.

We see the paralell lives of two children tied to Superman.

Both are trying to balance growing into their superhuman abilities while attempting the
equally daunting tasks of just becoming themselves.

This development could occur over several films.

Instead of doing Lolita from Argo City,we could be given a tween heroine that could celebrate being a child.

A Fanning sister,AnnaSophia Robb or their ilk could grow into a slightly edgier Kara
with the wit and steel found in the young Natalie Portman or the early Anna Paquin.

We would get our attractive ingenue after watching her grow into her role as Supergirl
on screen and in the storyline.

(Jason would be metamorphisizing,too.)

This would let us get the next generation of super-heroes started without cloning the adult versions,subjecting anyone to a cloying Super-Tot as a failed audience surrogate
or getting in the way of grown-up storylines prematurely.

If done correctly,this could embellish the Superman saga without risking his being burdened with vapid teen idols or some Koi from Krypton practicing their heat vision
in Clark's goldfish bowl.

Cosmic Mind said:
She should appear in the sequels, but we have to wait, right now we have to focus on Jason, who is superman's son....

Bargh?

Jason's a supporting character, he had slightly more screen time than Perry White... why do we have to focus on him? He'll have powers when he's older, sure, but he's not the center of anything... just a touching subplot...

Also, Singer is (surprise), keen on introducing other Kryptonians... why one couldn't be Kara, I don't know...

Also, you guys need to stop casting 25 year olds as teenage sidekicks to 30 year old superheroes...

Also, I hope they don't make her into Supergirl... let Superman be the superhero... everyone else should be supporting cast...

Here's an idea for introducing one of the Karas:

Luthor, with the aid of some nutjob scientist named Milton Fine, devises a means to hurt Superman through - of course - the ones he loves, Lois and Jimmy, utilizing technology derived from Luthor's acquired knowledge about Krypton, the crystals, and specifically the time-space-warping properties of the Phantom Zone. Superman flies into the trap to save them but all three get catapulted into a space-time-warp that plops them down on Krypton several months before its destruction and before Superman's own birth. To find a way back, Kal-El must seek out his own father. To do this, he needs to adopt an inconspicuous alias and ditch the 'S' - he continually has to warn Lois and Jimmy that he's interfered in human history once and can't allow himself to do so again, under any circumstances. Kal-El's unusual proficiency with crystals forges a kinship between Jor-El and his future son, one which further alienates Jor-El's friend and comrade, General Zod. Zod's disgruntlement is worsened by the fact that the Krypton Council now seems to put their blind trust in an artificial intelligence originating from the planet Colu named Brainiac, which is seen in the guise of the drone-sentinel-stormtrooper-guy in the S:TM director's cut. (This would bring some design challenges, since you can't have the whole cast in those goofy reflective suits for two hours; I figure Brainiac himself is reflective and has drones that aren't, as seen at the start of SII, and only members of the Council and their immediate families wear white.When we go inside Kryptonopolis there would be a multitude of colors worn by the entire citizenry, and not all of it would be glowing). Anyhoo, Jor-El has Superman and his friends accompanying him to a conference on Argo where they meet an old associate of Jor-El's, Kala In-Ze and her daughter Kara, and when Kara and Jimmy meet it's love at first sight. But Brainiac figures out that Jor-El's new apprentice is more than he seems, and when his obsession with ferreting out the visitor's origins draws Zod's attention, the General suspects Brainiac is planning to overthrow the Council. His cries go unheard, however, and more disgusted than before, Zod suspects that Jor-El is conspiring with Brainiac and this new underling behind Zod's own back. The situation gets worse with Jimmy and Kara's growing relationship. Jimmy is painfully reminded of what fate awaits Krypton AND Argo, and is genuinely torn between keeping the first true love of his life even though it may mean his own death, or leaving her behind to die alone. This, coupled with Superman and Lois spending more time together than they'd been planning on in view of her prolonged engagement, creates a gaggle of conflict for the Man of Steel, and even if ANY of our heroes live long enough to make it back to present-day Earth, someone has likely pursued them back aboard his own skulllike starship...

So basically my idea for introducing Kara would be a Donner sequel AND prequel that's also a combination of "Back To The Future", "Somewhere In Time", and "Revenge Of The Sith". :p

don't mean 2 change the subject but Kaley Cuoco would be a perfect kara-zor-el. Who's with me? Bring on the manips!:woot:

I can't think of anyone decent enough to play Kara (i.e. someone who hasn't had their tarty dyed-blonde a$$ smeared all over the tabloids). Kristen Bell would be perfect, except by the time anyone at WB takes the idea of putting Supergirl in a movie remotely seriously again, she'd probably be too old.

i heard they wanted to put her in superman 3 with brainiac but WB thought it would be too far fetch and science fiction. i think singer doing kara is realistic if we scream it at the top of our cyber lungs

Kal-El 8 said:
kristen-bell-gm_l4.jpg

Veronica Mars as Kara Zor-EL / Supergirl , that's not a bad idea .

karawall48copy7hk.jpg

Too old. The girl that will eventually likely play Kara is prolly a kid right now....

Its some time away.

Normally I would say yes because I'd love to see her in a movie with Superman. However with Singer directing I'd be too worried about him screwing up another character that I love so I hope he stays well away from her.

Here's a title for a SR spinoff:

SUPERGIRL:DESTINY

STARING KALEY CUOCO

she's too short and round- look at the new pics of supergirl she's tall and lean- a few inches short of superman but my guess around 6 foot.

kaley cuoco's voice really annoys me- charmed did not display her acting skills very well- i'd still prefer mischa barton

Supergirl is nowhere close to 6'0 though, thats too tall.

Anyway, I think Mischa's on screen sister on the OC, Willa Holland, resembles the teenage Turner Supergirl more (and is currently the right age for it).

Problem is, like Barton, she can't act beyond playing a valley girl. Personally I dont care about that but I know the fanbase will rip it apart.

Kaley C would be awful though, you need someone like her:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/2057....html?path=pgallery&path_key=Lowndes, Jessica

i'm going from these pictures but her height does vary
sup-bat09.jpg

supbat8-cousin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"