Sequels Should they introduce Kara Zor-El in the sequels?

Sara Paxton?

97.jpg

90.jpg

103.jpg
Photo06sarapaxton01.jpg

95.jpg

Sara_Paxton_2_1.jpg

paxton.jpg

Born in 1989. Has the Helen Slater height and body also.

I find her to be a little too young for the role at the moment but at the rate development on a film is passing by she'll be old enough for it.

she seems fine to me- and she doesn't mind nutidy- which- if you play modern kara is pretty essential lol

her eyes are REALLY far apart:wow:
not seeing her as kara

don't be forced brainiac!:woot::

it's too early in the game to bring in another superhero into the movie... lets let Superman get off his feet before we bring in another superhero in his film.

she doesn't have to be a superhero - just kara.- superman's secret weapon in hiding

Brainiac 2009 said:
For those who wanted Hayden P as Supergirl;

brhayden.jpg

that pic makes her kind of grow on me- of only she was a little taller.

Kara should be brought in as soon as possible.. the villain can be Darkseid, and they can base the story on the one where he tries to corrupt her..

I'd love to see Kara, but I don't think Singer will do her. He really doesn't do female characters well, as evidenced in his other films.

Furthermore, I think bringing in Jason as Singer (foolishly did, IMO) really diminishes the chance to utilize Kara/Supergirl in a Superman film. I really don't think we'll ever see her in a Singer influenced Superman film.

It's really very sad, because I feel the best interpretation of her occurred when she was used in STAS, and then her character evolved and grew into JLU. She also gives Superman a viable backup to deal with menaces that are too big to deal with alone.

What does Jason have to do with Kara Zor-El?

The comics had Kon-El (the half breed Kryptonian) and Supergirl fighting side by side as part of the Superman family for some time prior to his death.

Theres room for 3, or 2 and 1/2,.... but I'd say its way too soon now for Supergirl now.

Maybe someday around the time Nolan concedes to bring Robin in.

I'd love to see a third film with Darkseid coming to earth, as well as Kara's ship. That way we'd have a balance of evil and good.

This would also give Superman an ally to help against Darkseid.

Having Jason in the film really neutralizes the opportunity to use Kara. The reason is that Superman takes over that surrogate mentor role, and a lot of the things that they could have used for Kara end up being used for Jason.

Really IMO it was incredibly goofy for them to bring Jason into the mix. Many people I've talked to in the real world echo this is as well, and agree with the idea of having Jason really hurts the chances of bringing Kara into a Superman film.

Superman can still be a mentor/teacher to Kara and a father to Jason. They both need different things from him.

I could see them bringing her in IF there was a demand for it but its too soon now.

I know in addition to Brainiac, M+D also said they were working around the concept of possible Kryptonian survivors who arent Zod; so the seeds for Kara may be planted there.

Superman can still be a mentor/teacher to Kara and a father to Jason. They both need different things from him.

I could see them bringing her in IF there was a demand for it but its too soon now.

I know in addition to Brainiac, M+D also said they were working around the concept of possible Kryptonian survivors who arent Zod; so the seeds for Kara may be planted there.

I see where you're coming from, and that would be great if that's the case. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm hoping her new upcoming run in the comics will make her more appealing to fans. Theyre taking a new approach with her personality.

I'm hoping her new upcoming run in the comics will make her more appealing to fans. Theyre taking a new approach with her personality.

That's good. I'll definitely check it out. I've personally always liked the way they did her personality in the DCAU, and then showed her progression from STAS on into the JLU. We were able to see her evolve from a 16 year old kid, to a 21-22 year old lady.

Ya, JLU was good but sadly it got compromised by her not being his real cousin and not being a Kryptonian.

I think they had the right idea to bring her back in 04, but fans just werent down with her new teenybopper ways.

Ya, JLU was good but sadly it got compromised by her not being his real cousin and not being a Kryptonian.

I think they had the right idea to bring her back in 04, but fans just werent down with her new teenybopper ways.

You're right. There was some deviation, but I liked the way they did show a connection if not Kryptonian, then with the sister planet of Argos. Still, a Kryptonian origin for Kara would be fine as well. I didn't mind the lack of blood-kin so to speak, because Clark pretty much has taken her in as a sister or cousin. I liked how she interacted with Ma/Pa Kent in STAS as well, too.

I do agree with you with regard to the way they did her with the teenybopper ways in 04. I would have preferred that they had matured her a little more. Again, I liked the progression from STAS to JLU.

As long as they get the relationship right between Kara and Clark, I'd be pleased. I really liked how toward the end of Legacy in STAS, she was the one who pulled him back instead of pursuing Darkseid, and helped bring him to his senses. That connection between her and Clark is what I really liked.

Really IMO it was incredibly goofy for them to bring Jason into the mix. Many people I've talked to in the real world echo this is as well, and agree with the idea of having Jason really hurts the chances of bringing Kara into a Superman film.

i originally thought the same way but now believe kara could really bring home the message about the importance of family. that yes he has an earth son but he still has his heritage in the stars if you get my meaning. DC and WB are interested in supergirl as a property enough to have her in their movie plans overall- whether it gets made is another question. however female superheroes don't usually do well on film- adding her to the superman line up would be a definite marketing point in a future movie - and i think will get teen girls into the movie like the last one didn't. lois was just far too weak and they couldn't relate to her situation. supergirl would be a different story. I wouldn't want the clueless kara of the old movie though- by all means start her as not adapting to life on this planet but get over it pretty quickly. i mean these days kara is the pop culture cool character of DC.

i originally thought the same way but now believe kara could really bring home the message about the importance of family. that yes he has an earth son but he still has his heritage in the stars if you get my meaning. DC and WB are interested in supergirl as a property enough to have her in their movie plans overall- whether it gets made is another question. however female superheroes don't usually do well on film- adding her to the superman line up would be a definite marketing point in a future movie - and i think will get teen girls into the movie like the last one didn't. lois was just far too weak and they couldn't relate to her situation. supergirl would be a different story. I wouldn't want the clueless kara of the old movie though- by all means start her as not adapting to life on this planet but get over it pretty quickly. i mean these days kara is the pop culture cool character of DC.

I think you make some really good points. As I've said before, for myself, I'd like to see them give us a Kara that was similar to STAS/JLU. Like you said, it would bring in another demographic.

I don't know if Singer would be willing to do this, however. He really seems to distance himself from the animated versions of the characters that have been so popular. It's possible he could change, but I'd have to see it to believe it. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'm skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"