Which heroes would you introduce into the DCEU?

I doubt we’ll get Green Arrow any time soon, even thought I’d love to see him. He’d be compared to Hawkeye and DC will likely want to avoid that. Same reason I don’t see us getting Atom anytime soon. Hawkman is happening though, but I’m personally more excited for Hawkgirl. I want that JLU lineup in live action!

John Stewart
Hawkgirl
Martian Manhunter
Blue Beetle
Vixen
Firestorm
Jessica Cruz
Sideways
Mr Terrific

That’s my list. Diverse in terms of race, power set and stories. They’re also all classic or popular DC heroes.

I’d love to see Green Arrow adapted for a BOP sequel, or a Gotham City Sirens film. I wouldn’t sweat the Hawkeye comparison—GA has a presence all of his own thanks to the CW, and is a different enough character that I don’t think it’ll trip up the general audiences in the slightest.

Blue Beetle should feature in a Booster Gold film—BG goes back in time to seek out the great Blue Beetle, only to find that Ted Kord has retired and Jaime Reyes has taken up the mantle.

I think Plastic Man has a movie in him—not a Deadpool-level parody, but still a lower budgeted, comedy-heavy offering.

And John Stewart should be the main lead once the GL reboot gets off the ground. Jessica Cruz will for sure be on the big screen someday, it’ll be nice to see her as John’s mentee when she joins the Corp in a sequel or threequel.

I’d save MM for Justice League features—Snyder had the right thought to introduce him in a crossover film, but feature a human guise leading up to it. Det. John Jones would be a great colleague for Barry Allen in Central City. I still have this wish that a Flash post-credits scene would homage Darwyn Cooke’s New Frontiers & reveal to audiences Det. Jone’s real identity:

wpid-darwyn-cooke-martian-manhunter.jpg

I would also add :

1) the Spectre , this could be another big DC project that blends superheroes & horror.
Not having to worry about this genre performing under an 'R' rating ( Joker, Deadpool, Logan) we can finally get a superhero movie that doesnt feel like one at all or at least made into a hybrid.
Think of a DC banner film showing well placed gruesome & bloody horror scenes.

1. Cassandra Cain - As An Actual Adaptation Of The Character.

Just have the Cass who’s got the biggest selling points of the character be part of the Battinson Universe, while the BOP Cass remains in the old Suicide Squad one... or just have a film be in it’s own little continuity.

I’d look to adapt elements of her first appearances or the Shadow of the Batgirl graphic novel; while I don’t mind the Batman and Robin Eternal take on her, I think the other two offer more fruitful basis for the story, though I would seek to consolidate elements from all of them.

The real key would be to utilize how much more freedom and strength a film can have in visualizing Cassandra’s unique view of the world, her communication disability clashing with her desire to communicate Everything she sees and hears, and to really exploit her main selling point as a walking action scene.

Picture a film seeking to show the ways that a dying man saying “My daughter...” in anguish and despair could hit Cassandra and let her know how wrong she was to kill him, show her decoding body language in scenes where she may not quite understand what someone is saying out loud, and show her enjoying the company of others and their unique personalities, and then show her going through a long take action sequence pounding the crap out of some bad guys.

And for bonus points, maybe through in Oracle, Spoiler, and Bluebird or Misfit. Maybe make it a companion to Birds of Prey, more restrained in some ways and more fantastical in others, and featuring a younger, more bluntly heroic cast.

These I want to see as future JL members.

Martian Manhunter:
HarryLennixManhunter.jpg

Plastic Man:
ben-schwartz-plastic-man-comicbookcom-1165876-1280x0.jpeg

plasticman-origin-pmah_01_013-v1.jpg

The Atom:
Zack-Snyder-Justice-League-Ryan-Choi-Atom-Star-Labs.jpg

Zack_Snyder_Justice_League_Atom_Ryan_Choi.jpg

Black Canary:
vxld2yb5uzk41.jpg

Huntress:
EYpKgPdUcAAiF_x.jpg

Green Lantern:
greenlanternmovie_profile_john+stewart_884974-gl_corps_41.jpg

Green Arrow:
691ca66470faaae7a828ab4749495af1.jpg

Supergirl:
Supergirl42_COLOR_CMYK.jpg

Hawkman:
Carterhallsbigpicture.jpg

Hawkgirl:
izasn5173a421.jpg

I would also add :

1) the Spectre , this could be another big DC project that blends superheroes & horror.
Not having to worry about this genre performing under an 'R' rating ( Joker, Deadpool, Logan) we can finally get a superhero movie that doesnt feel like one at all or at least made into a hybrid.
Think of a DC banner film showing well placed gruesome & bloody horror scenes.

I am 100% down with a Spectre movie, but I don’t think that it needs to be a “gruesome and bloody horror” film. I know that Spectre can be absolute cold vengeance, but there’s also a nobility associated with being God’s avenging angel. I personally love DC Showcase #28 and recommend that as a great glimpse into who the Spectre is. He basically toys with Superman the whole issue to teach him a lesson in patience.

I would also be up for a hardcore left leaning SJW Green Arrow, or a action packed Nightwing movie.

I am 100% down with a Spectre movie, but I don’t think that it needs to be a “gruesome and bloody horror” film. I know that Spectre can be absolute cold vengeance, but there’s also a nobility associated with being God’s avenging angel. I personally love DC Showcase #28 and recommend that as a great glimpse into who the Spectre is. He basically toys with Superman the whole issue to teach him a lesson in patience.

I would also be up for a hardcore left leaning SJW Green Arrow, or a action packed Nightwing movie.

Well thanks for the agreement. I'm not sure I meant grisly bloody horror scenes but.....I definitely mean a Superhero film disguised as a horror film. I mean DC has to do something different & not copy Marvel's ideas.
Neither of them has done a a film that says, "hey we have these characters in our universe that we can unfold in a horror story but its still a Superhero world".
And if not for the TV show , I would also want a Green Arrow movie, but something tells me DC wont cross that over.

Last edited:

Martian Manhunter:
HarryLennixManhunter.jpg

Plastic Man:

The Atom:

Black Canary:
vxld2yb5uzk41.jpg

Huntress:
EYpKgPdUcAAiF_x.jpg

Green Lantern:

Green Arrow:

Supergirl:

Hawkman:

Hawkgirl:
izasn5173a421.jpg

With the Snyder Cut...I would love to see this as the future of the JL

Well thanks for the agreement. I'm not sure I meant grisly bloody horror scenes but.....I definitely mean a Superhero film disguised as a horror film. I mean DC has to do something different & not copy MArvel's ideas.
Neither of then has done a a film that says, "hey we have these characters in our universe that we can unfold in a horror story but its still a Superhero world".
And if not for the TV show , I would also want a Green Arrow movie, but something tells me DC wont cross that over.
Agreed. My original point was that Spectre’s world is more serious and creepy than bloody horror

Martian Manhunter:
HarryLennixManhunter.jpg

Plastic Man:

The Atom:

Black Canary:
vxld2yb5uzk41.jpg

Huntress:
EYpKgPdUcAAiF_x.jpg

Green Lantern:

Green Arrow:

Supergirl:

Hawkman:

Hawkgirl:
izasn5173a421.jpg

Lol the DCEU is such a mess, because somehow I desperately still want this even though I'm actively rooting for a reboot on it all

I am teeter tottering back & forth on this DC Universe reboot.
I know the Zack Snyder release is coming soon on some HBO platform, so maybe it will reinvigorate DC to carry on.
But it seems WB is set on moving on from it, so who knows.
What could it have been?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"