• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Avengers Should this have been a trilogy?

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today. I know the main Avengers are each getting their own movies so that we won't have to cover their backstory too much in the Avengers movie. But will we actually see them work as a team outside of the final act?

I imagine one of the the main storylines we'll be seeing is Cap thawed out and him adjusting to the modern world (assuming he isn't at the end of his movie). Then we'll need to see why Iron Man is allowed in since he wasn't at the end of IM2. We can assume Thor for some reason decides to stay on Earth at the end of his movie, but still need to cover his motivations for joining. Throw in a major villain, which would be nice to have backstory on, new characters Hawkeye and whomever else, and I wonder if one movie is enough to give proper characterization and not just a 2-hour CGI-fest or Spiderman 3.

Should they have planned this as a trilogy ala Lord of the Rings, or the very least split it into two like Deathly Hallows or Breaking Dawn?

The director Joss Whedon, he's a god at ensemble casts & giving everyone equal screen time.

Also, anybody who thinks wont have sequels is kidding themselves...

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Whedon's biggest movie was Serenity which made a whopping 25 million.

I think it was hard enough getting this together as is, if it does a sequel, they'll probably recast Banner again. And how old is RDJ now?

I personally hope not. I'd prefer if The Avengers just had one epic film everyone remembered instead of sequel that would probably be very difficult to make

Meh with the trilogy... just one live action movie about how THIS team comes together. Then continue this continuity loosely in the cartoons or animated features. Any sequel should be some years later with a new look lineup. Cap and Thor will probably still be there, but minus BW, Hulk, IM, and featuring more Pyms, Vision, etc. Not everything needs to have a beginning, middle, and end.

Which is entirely irrelevant, as that was a low-budget movie based on a TV show and this is a massive budget Avengers movie...

I would love a trilogy but solo sequels could possibly get in the way of it.

Kenneth Branagh's biggest movie (as a director) before Thor was Dead Again with 38 million. Jon Favreau's (if you exclude Elf and the pull of Will Ferrell) was Zathura with 29 million. Louis Letterier's was 43 million.

All those Marvel movies bombed too. Don't be ignorant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"