The Avengers Will there/Should there be only one Avengers film?

People are acting like the Avengers films (especially a series of films) would be cheap. These are insanely expensive movies to make especially if you want to keep adding characters i.e. The X-Men movie franchise. It's hard to get spots in everyone's schedule and then make sure their egos are satisfied with their role in general so I'm kind of on the fence as to how it would work out.

RDJ won't be in for the sequels. I think he will quit after Iron Man 3.

So would they get a replacement actor for Stark? I don't see these movies doing well without IM, and without RDJ. I could be wrong, but he's the big bankable star.

Because he's a world class actor who might not want to play the same character for a 5th and a 6th time.

True - But I doubt he'd give up the role that got him started. And I guarantee they could not go on with IM without him. The audience wouldn't buy it. It'd be far better just kill him off then to recast him.

So would they get a replacement actor for Stark? I don't see these movies doing well without IM, and without RDJ. I could be wrong, but he's the big bankable star.

There'd be no point to continue with the character of IM without RDJ. If there start to loose the actors, they should just let the films go. but that's my opinion.

RD Jr is signed on for 3 IMs and 1 Avengers. He will definitely be in all of those...an Avengers 2 and 3 is problematic though; I could see them signing him on for 1 more Avengers with a big enough pay check, but I just don't see them getting him on board for two more movies as Tony Stark after IM3.

That's why they signed Evans to a 9 film deal; so that they have him secure for at least 3 Cap films and at least 3 avengers with options for more sequels or cameos.

Luckily the people that make the Bond movies don't think the way some of you around here do.

If they want to use Iron Man again, I think they need to ditch this take on the universe once RDJ calls it quits. How will they explain Stark's absence? He got old and retired. Doesn't exactly stretch the audiences imagination. There is no need for a 50 year old Stark to carry yet another franchise. My take is, this will be the "Avengers" universe. It will continue until Evans and Hemsworth also quit. The final Avengers movie starring Chris Evans and Hemsworth will probably cap off this take on the "MCU". We may get some additional solo movies or spinoffs after that, but the current continuity will slowly wind down until it ceases completely. This will coincide with and eventually be superseded by some less popular Marvel adaptations that do not necessarily forebode the existence of the more prominent "in-house" Marvel characters (major Avengers) but that will be that. Eventually they will string together a complete Marvel universe where any character, major or minor, can show up at will. What's the best way to accomplish this IMO? Civil War... only you tell it in parts so that you can still afford A-list actors for the major roles. Then you break back into solo movies.

Last edited:
IMO, the rosters should be this:

Avengers-
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hank Pym
Wasp
Hawkeye

Avengers 2-
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hawkeye
Black Panther
Hank Pym
Ms. Marvel

Avengers 3-
Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Vision
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Ms. Marvel
Black Knight

IMO, the rosters should be this:

Avengers-
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hank Pym
Wasp
Hawkeye

Avengers 2-
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hawkeye
Black Panther
Hank Pym
Ms. Marvel

Avengers 3-
Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Vision
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Ms. Marvel
Black Knight

Add Wasp to 2 and I'm set.

I voted trilogy a while back but nah, it'd be interesting to utilize their ever changing roster to keep the series consistent throughout the MCU's run.

I guess. You could have multiple leaders. Cap, Luke Cage, Wasp, Vision, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"