Should this Superman kill? - Part 1

Apologies for anyone that might be incensed for me resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to say that after having seen "Superman vs. The Elite" animated film...THAT film is like the best example in the form of a medium that doesn't require someone to find and read a particular comic book issue to see as to why Superman should not and chooses not to kill his enemies that are sentient beings.

Apologies for anyone that might be incensed for me resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to say that after having seen "Superman vs. The Elite" animated film...THAT film is like the best example in the form of a medium that doesn't require someone to find and read a particular comic book issue to see as to why Superman should not and chooses not to kill his enemies that are sentient beings.

I know. After watching that last scene with [BLACKOUT]Supes and Manchester Black I thought I was watching the last scene in Under The Red Hood.What Supes says is pretty much exactly what batman says at the end before the bomb goes off[/BLACKOUT] It'd be so damn easy.

Completely agreed. So glad they decided to make it :)

I have to say, I may just be totally sad, but hearing Superman say one of my all time favourite lines out loud, sent a shiver down my spine. I cried. It was awesome :D

For those who haven't seen it, or read 'What's so funny about truth, justice and the american way', the line is:

"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear...until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever.'

Love that movie.

Yes great movie, just wasnt a fan of the animation.

I think maybe not. But I dont care either ways as long as the story is written well.

Well i wonder knowing what we know now, will he have to kill Faora and Zod?

1. using kyrptonite
2. by not rescuing them from certain death
3. by his own hand

hell no. id rather have any of my other favorite heroes kill before superman. the thing about superman is bc hes so extrememly powerful killing would be too easy! also hes practically invulnerable so theres no reason to kill in self defense. the second superman kills someone he will lose everything hes worked for so far.its just not who the character is.

I don't mind him inadvertently injuring someone or not being able to save someone from dying, but killing someone seems like too much.

Should this Superman Kill?
Not if Snyder wants me to see his film.

Last edited:
Should Superman kill? No..but the Laws and governments should take a much harder stance towards imprisoned mass murdering criminals that Superman brings in after defeating them instead of just housing them for all of eternity like they do in the comics.

Should Superman kill? No..but the Laws and governments should take a much harder stance towards imprisoned mass murdering criminals that Superman brings in after defeating them instead of just housing them for all of eternity like they do in the comics.
If comic book governments were stricter on super criminals none would exist for too long. You would have to create new and varied criminals at a very fast rate before you run out of ideas. This is why the Joker is allowed to live over and over again.

I dont mind if they die accidentally trying to kill Superman.

Batman does not kill, I agree Superman should not also.

Didn't Batman kill in the earlier comics?

Superman should rip people apart and punch holes in them

And then he should stick his fingers in their wounds and twist it. :twisted:

Then he'll lick his fingers and realize humans are tastey

Cannibalistic Superman then captures humans and breed them only to slaughter them at his own Kryptonian made slaughterhouse. :devil:

Nope, Superman shouldn't kill. He can try and overpower and outsmart people though and then theres always sending them to the Phantom Zone when they get too out of hand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"