Should We Allow Private Flying Cars?

redmarvel

Red, White and Buxom
Reaction score
Remember Back to the Future, or the Jetsons or anything along those lines. Of late there has even been a deodorant ad showing someone in their own flying device (a cross between a car and a jet pack).

Should the general populace be allowed their own private flying machines, that are allowed anywhere and everywhere without a flight plan being filed?

Keep in mind, this means people like Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan and so forth would also own their own too.

everything should be moderated with the appropriate licence....

no big deal.

Well, my concern is the "drunk flyer" (because you just know someone would abuse a substance and then go flying). However, when I'm driving I also see a number of vehicles improperly maintained that have gone off the road. Can you imagine a flyer crashing through your window?

People are allowed to fly their own planes now. Flying cars should be no different. Of course to own/fly a driving car they would need training and be certified/licensed for it.

It would be different. If you fly a plane you have to take off from a licensed field. Before you do a takeoff you have to file a flight plan. Any plane taking off without a flight plan can be shot down (if necessary). I'm not sure what other requirements need to be met, but I know that that's definitely one of them.

Flying Cars would never take off.

:o

No. It may seem like a fun idea, but it would be a terrible one. You think car accidents are bad now? Imagine that times 10. There really is no reason for it anyway. Seriously, what would be the benefit of a fly car over a rolling one?

I want me a hoverboard, dangit. :cmad:

On that note, you'll probably be seeing hovering cars before you'll see flying ones. Regulating the traffic alone would be a nightmare if you suddenly had millions of would be pilots taking to the air.

I want me a hoverboard, dangit. :cmad:

i'm sure that if you were able to coat most of the walk ways and what not with a type of magnet then you could just get another magnet to create your hoverboard....it's bound to be the most pointless and impossible thing ever but we all want one and mattel have not delivered:cmad::cmad:

Flying cars would need strict rules and regulations to monitor where they flew and their upkeep.

Which is why I want to have one of the first prototype flying cars to zoom around in before there are any rules to ruin my fun. :woot:

b032f.jpg

no....people have enough trouble driving on a flat surface. can you imagine the kinds of accidents that'll happen if flying cars becomes regular?

just joking of course. as long as the flying cars don't leave a footprint (gas fueled) then i'd be okay with it.

just joking of course. as long as the flying cars don't leave a footprint (gas fueled) then i'd be okay with it.

"mr fusion powers the time curcits, the engine it's self still runs on gasoline...."

doc brown would have changed it if they had some other fuel...

The appeal of the flying car is the idea of being able to take off and fly above traffic jams. But I've seen the Jetsons movie. George gets caught in mid-air gridlock every morning.

The sad truth is that flying cars would serve no real purpose. Sure, they'd be cool if only a few people had them, but if they became an everyday thing, they'd become pure hell. You'd have collisions that would end in death 90% of the time. Cars hitting each other, cars hitting buildings, ect.

Hover-cars and hover-boards would be nice if there existed some magical form of propulsion that didn't consist of either rockets that would burn holes in the pavement (not to mention fry nearby pedestrians) or pumping enough air to the ground to push a metal vehicle upward (which would simply blow away all nearby pedestrians).

I'm sorry folks, but all those crazy sci-fi modes of personal transportation we've been dreaming about since the early 20th century are all bunk. You want a jet pack? Prepare to have your legs and ass burned clean off, not to mention your newly dislocated shoulders and badly burned back.

You want a teleporter? Fine, which model do you prefer? The kind that fused Jeff Goldblum with a fly? The Star Trek variety that essentially evaporates you and places a clone in your destination (anyone else see the episode where a transporter accident created two Commander Rikers? Anyone? No? Just me, then)? Maybe you want the Stargate kind that sends your molecules from one device to another, but has the chance of splattering you against any object in front the exiting device, hmm? Oh, I know! Let's use the kind that folds the universe in half so your destination physically manifests next to you! I think not.

You want a jet pack? Prepare to have your legs and ass burned clean off, not to mention your newly dislocated shoulders and badly burned back.

[YT]2gcurwcPs3U[/YT]

I see flying cars being practical only over long distances... more as private jets. Families could fly into airports with an attachment to make their vehicle fly and then leave the flying portion of their vehicle at the airport and using their vehicle as a normal car while at their destination.

There should be some sort of moderation and regulations involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"