Sequels Should X-MEN Duplicate what Superman Returns Did?

Have Scott wake up from the bad dream that is X-3 and continue from the end of X-2.

Have Scott wake up from the bad dream that is X-3 and continue from the end of X-2.

ya... except jean would be alive again...

i just suggest better writing... characters evolve... bobby for instance is becoming more outgoing and a ladies man... much closer to his comic counter part... just let things evolve... is all.. things can be fixed

i just suggest better writing... characters evolve... bobby for instance is becoming more outgoing and a ladies man... much closer to his comic counter part... just let things evolve... is all.. things can be fixed
No she wouldn't.
She'd sitill be dead from her sacrifice at the end of X-2.

Save here for a crew who will make the real Phoenix.

na... its all lame and repetitive... id rather just good writing and the jean thing stay done... doing it again would be boring

They'd need a new actor in order to make Iceman a lady killer.

I've seen Shawn Ashmore in a few projects... and while he can play some roles rather well, he is a straight up stick in the mud when it comes to womanizing. It's just not his thing.

They'd need a new actor in order to make Iceman a lady killer.

I've seen Shawn Ashmore in a few projects... and while he can play some roles rather well, he is a straight up stick in the mud when it comes to womanizing. It's just not his thing.

i thought in X3 he had a great improvement upon the past 2 films though...

I'd rather see Bobby more as a prankster/jokster more than a lady killer. I'd like to see him joke around alot and be less serious.

Sadly, I think the Phoenix arc is done. But they NEED Cyclops back and have him be really different this time. Make him more no nonsense, assertive leader. Display his power more, and show how much the team and students respect (even fear) him.

They do not need Scott, Storm, Rogue, or even Wolverine.

That would be the absolute KISS of death for X4. They HAVE to have at least two of those four back, preferably all of them.

I don't understand what eliminating the TOPLINERS does for an X4 sequel. I understand fans might want their favorites to shine, but you can't just eliminate two of the biggest actors, and characters from the trilogy. I mean, lets be serious here for a second. If Storm & Wolverine are gone, what other character can you realistically see leading a future X-Men sequel or X-Men team like the previous two, or even Scott has? Kitty? Bobby? Peter? Warren? I mean, that's pretty much it. Hank can't do it since he's in a higher position in the Government. You can't just introduce a new character and have them in the leader position and expect the audience to just accept it.

The only people that need those four are fanboys or fangirls.

It's pretty much quite the opposite when it comes to Storm and especially Wolverine. Most fanboys are pretty sick of him, and a majority aren't in Storms corner either. But the reality is the general public absolutely ADORE Wolverine. At this points he's the SYMBOL for the X-Men, and they are growing on Storm too. And sadly, most of you don't understand that the general public outnumbers fanboys, fangirls, and message board posters by a TREMOUDOUS amount. They can't just cater to the whiney fanboy/girls. They have to cater the movie so that it appeals to people that have never followed the comics, or have seen an X-Men tv show before.

An X4 sequel w/o Wolverine or Storm would be a grave mistake by Fox.

That would be the absolute KISS of death for X4. They HAVE to have at least two of those four back, preferably all of them.

I don't understand what eliminating the TOPLINERS does for an X4 sequel. I understand fans might want their favorites to shine, but you can't just eliminate two of the biggest actors, and characters from the trilogy. I mean, lets be serious here for a second. If Storm & Wolverine are gone, what other character can you realistically see leading a future X-Men sequel or X-Men team like the previous two, or even Scott has? Kitty? Bobby? Peter? Warren? I mean, that's pretty much it. Hank can't do it since he's in a higher position in the Government. You can't just introduce a new character and have them in the leader position and expect the audience to just accept it.

An X4 sequel w/o Wolverine or Storm would be a grave mistake by Fox.

Hugh Jackman firmly said no to X4, if it was even made he'd refuse to star in it. Halle Berry said the opposite. She believes it will be made, and would love to return.

Storm would lead, Beast could return to teach and of course Professor Xavier has a new, walking body...

as much as i'd love wolverine not to return... hugh saying no is balogna, i can tell that right now... A) he wouldn't be doing Wolverine and B) he doesn't want anyone else to play wolvie

as much as i'd love wolverine not to return... hugh saying no is balogna, i can tell that right now... A) he wouldn't be doing Wolverine and B) he doesn't want anyone else to play wolvie
I saw with my own eyes. He said his interest lay in doing the Wolverine movie, and he would not get involved with X4.

They won't recast him anyway, the character just won't appear in X4.

Fox will try and keep him, for sure. They will offer him top billing... huge salary etc, we'll just have to wait and see if he changes his mind.

Should X-Men 4 duplicate what Superman Returns did?... and steal Superman's director? :)

No, X-Men shouldn't do what Superman Returns did. As much as I would have loved to have seen X-Men 3 take a different direction than what it did, a retcon of The Last Stand would be too difficult.

I saw with my own eyes. He said his interest lay in doing the Wolverine movie, and he would not get involved with X4.

They won't recast him anyway, the character just won't appear in X4.

Fox will try and keep him, for sure. They will offer him top billing... huge salary etc, we'll just have to wait and see if he changes his mind.

he just wasnt up to talking about X4... he's concentrated on Wolverine right now... if he was asked back theres no doubt in my mind he'd do it

That's so guitared that it could be interesting...the biggest ''wtf?'' in a big movie franchise ever :woot:

I can already hear you guys pray so that I don't become a filmmaker and work on a comic book film :woot:

That's so guitared that it could be interesting...the biggest ''wtf?'' in a big movie franchise ever :woot:
lol It was sarcasm, but yeah, I'm all for the redone X-3.
I can already hear you guys pray so that I don't become a filmmaker and work on a comic book film :woot:
Why? What are you gonna do?

lol It was sarcasm, but yeah, I'm all for the redone X-3.

Why? What are you gonna do?
Even though I know it was a joke, I would consider doing something like that if I was a director :oldrazz:

I've read some of the last posts, and...y'know, unlike most fans, the general audience actually loves Storm. She and Wolverine are undoubtedy the most iconic characters of these movies.

Yes, Ororo has almost no story or development, but who cares when you're watching a summer movie? The fact is, Storm, along with Mystique and Wolverine, are the characters who brought something new. Those three characters are the ones the general audience remember. They don't care if she doesn't have a personal struggle or whatever. "She's the coolest power" is what most people say...and I can't blame them.

An X-Men movie without Storm and Wolverine is just bound to sink. I can see one without Logan though, since he will get his spin-off.

instead of reboots or forgetting x3 happened or AOA...

um why not...
Ultimate xmen...close to the original xmen, you can restart the franchise without technicaly disregarding the original and it's alot more flexible to play with story lines

I've read some of the last posts, and...y'know, unlike most fans, the general audience actually loves Storm. She and Wolverine are undoubtedy the most iconic characters of these movies.

Yes, Ororo has almost no story or development, but who cares when you're watching a summer movie? The fact is, Storm, along with Mystique and Wolverine, are the characters who brought something new. Those three characters are the ones the general audience remember. They don't care if she doesn't have a personal struggle or whatever. "She's the coolest power" is what most people say...and I can't blame them.

An X-Men movie without Storm and Wolverine is just bound to sink. I can see one without Logan though, since he will get his spin-off.

i actually agree with that... still would love to see halle's storm evolve into the one we know though...

Halle Berry wants to come back and I want Storm back. Hugh Jackman doesn't want to come back and I don't want Wolverine back anyway. I'd be more than happy with an X4 with Storm but not Wolverine, and like you say he will have his own movie. Thing is, if Wolverine was in X4 he'd have to have a lead role again, which distracts from a team movie.

you know... wolverine's an ash... since he left the mansion at the end of X3.. that essentially means he only stayed there for Jean... and didn't really give a hoot about the rest of them... kinda depressing and wierd for a woman he never had

instead of reboots or forgetting x3 happened or AOA...

um why not...
Ultimate xmen...close to the original xmen, you can restart the franchise without technicaly disregarding the original and it's alot more flexible to play with story lines

Because, as a whole, the movie X-Men and Utlimate X-Men were horribly similar to begin with.

Think about some of the characters we've seen as "X-Men" in the ultimate line.

Cyke
Jean
Storm
Wolverine
Beast
Angel
Colossus
Dazzler
Iceman
Rogue
Shadowcat
Nightcrawler

Now, how many of those characters have been X-Men (or at least allies...) so far in the movies? All but Dazzler.

The new Ultimate team is going in a different direction, but that won't last for long, and still features Wolvie, Storm, Angel, etc.

Why not have professor X wake up and look in the shower and see Scott taking a shower
X- I just had the weirdest dream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"