Sideshow Premium Format Figure question

shallbecomeabat

Yes, father...
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a statue collector, but I only have a 1/2 Joker bust, a few Batman Black and Whites, a Dark Knight Cowl replica, 10 1/6 scale statues (most Batman themed and three Superman), a 1/10 Flash and some other movie props.

Now, I am about to purchase my first ever Sideshow piece and I have my eye on the soon to be available Batman Premium Format Figure in 1/4 scale. I preordered it at my local comicshop and it will be out in october I believe.

My question is now, to all of you who already own a similar Premium Format Figure, if I have to take anything else into consideration, before buying it. Since its a mixed media statue, with actual fabrics as a costume, do I have to worry about it breaking down over time? Do I have to take any sort of special care about the figure, that I don't have to with resin or PVC statues?

It may be a dumb question, but I worry that it won't look as great after a few years. Any experiences with that and what figures do you guys have? Do you think the statue is worth the big price of 400dollars?

Last edited:
Well yeah depending on the materials I'd try to get a case of some kind made if at all possible.
I've even seen a normal Book case used and a sheet of plastic over the front

Well yeah depending on the materials I'd try to get a case of some kind made if at all possible.
I've even seen a normal Book case used and a sheet of plastic over the front

What, really??? You are not joking, right? Because I really don't know. That statue is more than 25 inches high... I doubt I can but a case around it. And even if I could, I really don't like to box a statue in, you know?
Do you have any of those Premium Formats yourself?

well other than that, I wouldn't know, the closest things I have full size are real swords axes and spears which take completely different care. lol
Like I said it would probably depend on what it's made of. What does side show say it's made of?

well other than that, I wouldn't know, the closest things I have full size are real swords axes and spears which take completely different care. lol
Like I said it would probably depend on what it's made of. What does side show say it's made of?

No, they don't really say what its made of. I think its a normal resin statue that just has a fabric layer on top of the body, to create the illusion of a clothed Batman. The resin part is no problem, I have statues like that. Its the cloth thats on the figure that throws me off, you know. I am afraid that it tears or gets ugly after a while.

Here is the link to the product, maybe you can figure something out:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3001311

I know it says sold out there, but thats only the sideshow special edition.
Oh and mighty thanks for trying to help me figure this out (no pun intended)! Fellow collectors have to stick together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"