Sign the Boycott Marvel Premiere HC Petition!

P

padawantrombone

Due to some of the discussion in other threads and other boards, I went ahead and drew up this petition. Don't worry, there's space for individual comments as well.

The philosophy of "if you don't like it, just don't buy it" is not a proactive approach, so take the extra step. Make your voices heard people! If you believe this format is hurting readership, sales, business, etc. then sign up!

http://www.petitiononline.com/stvatt/petition.html

Feel free to spread this link around to other message boards to garner support.

I would like them to come out with more TPB's quicker, but I also like hardcovers, so... I just dont know.

You should release this thread in a Premiere HC. :up:

...I wouldn't buy it. :(

What was the name of that poster that had a Hard Cover fetish?:D HE would be irate over this petition.:o

Honestly? I think you're expecting too much of Marvel. If they keep messing up their REGULAR scheduling for the MONTHLY comics you can be sure that they're gonna mess up the compilations too. The hard covers first sounds like a selling strategy, if they were released after the TPB's I doubt they would sell as much. They're a business, after all, and have to look after themselves.

Edit: RENAUDMAN!! I remembered it. Boy, was that guy kooky.:D

Right... thanks for trying anyway, I guess.

Do we have particular examples of when this has been an issue?

Not sure I can think of something that has been available in HC initially and took 'years' to make it to softcover.

That said I always respect people taking a stand on a consumer issue so good luck.

I LoVe TEh HARDcOVERS!!!11![/renaudman]

I for one hate the Hardcovers for ongoing series - New Avengers, X-Factor, Nextwave, etc. I don't think it's bad for minis or non-extended series like Deadly Genesis, etc.

I just want to read X-Factor...but I've been waiting FOREVER for them to release a TPB.

I have the hardcover of a few books but if it's an ongoing why bother? I have the hardcover of the FF: Books of Doom... Admittedly it's an awesome story about Doom and deserved a hardcover but it was a limited series, on going HC TPBs are pretty pointless...

Not unless it collects an entire run. Take for instance, Bendis' Daredevil. Or Mark Waid's Fantastic Four, or more importantly, Busiek's Avengers Run which is currently being collected in Avengers Assemble. It's the best way to do it. But you know, to each his own. I hope you fail miserably, but I respect your right to complain.

But wait, aren't those not considered "Premiere Hardcovers"? From what I remember, the only ones that are Premiere HCs are the slim (usually) 6 issue arcs and minis. Hardcovers that collect an entire run, and that usually hold 12-18 issues per hardcover is perfectly fine - by me at least. It's just the premiere that come out, and then you have to wait 6 or 8 months for the trade to come out.

Wait. You mean you actually have to wait 6 months for a TPB to come out? Welcome to DC Comics readership.

heh, yup. You're complaining about a freakin' hardcover version before the soft cover, try having to wait six months to a year for either.

Uhhh, because on the whole, they run $5-8 more for each of them. When you buy a lot of trades, that adds up.

Which in the long run, usually is cheaper than the two to three soft covers it may take to complete the whole thing. They're gonna screw you no matter what, better to just buy the hardcover.

But that's the point...the Premiere Hardcovers have thus far been exactly the same issues long as the trade paperbacks that eventually come out. A 6-issue Young Avengers arc on PHC is still a 6-issue Young Avengers arc on TPB.

(Ps is that from an actual episode of Harvey? The animation looks different)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"