Luke Cage Simone Missick as Misty Knight!

Anyway, I forgot to comment on the casting. I don't know much about Ms. Missick, but I think she certainly looks like she can pull off the part.

It's funny how someone was inquiring if she'd be in Luke's show last night and this literally broke all news sites a couple hours later.

Start calling out Danny's name like a bunch of cursing sailors , we might get lucky again, lol
I was one of them I did say she'd be from like cage home town most likely. it's happened to me before but I try not to abuse my mutant power.

As to the arm she had another suppler before tony made her the one she has currently and that was was cool cause it was concealed to look like a normal arm and she some thug's that like to have blade fetish or feral like villain attacked her they get a surprise tha they didn't cut her like they hoped they would and get another surprise in the face from her. Wa bam.

I really like the earlier concealed bionic arm's she had before tony got involved after civil war . Tony's gear they don't seem to do those kinds of arms . he's all out in the open and about fire power at most times .

Last edited:
Awww. I was rooting for Yaya Dacosta. Simone Missick is fine I guess, but she reminds me too much of Will's mom from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and not a kickass detective.

As for the character, I hope she doesn't have her bionic arm yet. I think it takes away from the nature of the Luke Cage series, gritty and grounded. I want her and Rafael Scarfe to be up-and-coming cops who are interested in Luke Cage and his world, and realize that the police department is corrupt, causing Misty to quit and then form Nightwing Investigations with Colleen Wing. Rafael Scarfe can stay with the police force as one of the 'good' cops. Misty can lose her arm in the Iron Fist series or in the Defenders.

Awww. I was rooting for Yaya Dacosta. Simone Missick is fine I guess, but she reminds me too much of Will's mom from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and not a kickass detective.

As for the character, I hope she doesn't have her bionic arm yet. I think it takes away from the nature of the Luke Cage series, gritty and grounded. I want her and Rafael Scarfe to be up-and-coming cops who are interested in Luke Cage and his world, and realize that the police department is corrupt, causing Misty to quit and then form Nightwing Investigations with Colleen Wing. Rafael Scarfe can stay with the police force as one of the 'good' cops. Misty can lose her arm in the Iron Fist series or in the Defenders.

Yaya was unavailable most likely.

I forgot about this announcement. I hope some more set photos show up soon with Misty.

I'm sure Misty will end up in the Iron Fist series as well.

Missick was in last nights episode of wayward pines. She played the wife of a fellow former marvel actor djimon hounsou

Misty can hoop? I'm in love lol.

CsetJQsUIAAwLeq.jpg:orig

Simone Missick appears to be in favor of Misty/Danny at some point. I appreciate that.

Getting some great vibes from Simone Missick. I think she's going to be great.

Damn, Simone really brought it. She really felt like the deuteragonist in this. That interrogation between her and Rosario, Sweet Christmas!!

Last edited:
Yeah, her acting (particularly in episode 9) was beyond belief.

I will say I was slightly disappointed:
That she didn't lose her arm. They certainly hinted at it.

Sweet Christmas, indeed! How was MK this woman's first big role? She truly has it all. I was thoroughly impressed.

And yes, I found that disappointing as well, MM.

Looking ahead to the Defenders, I hope Simone and Finn have chemistry as potent as Mr. Colter and Miss Ritter had. :up:

Missick knocked it out of the park with her performance; and I dare say it's the best performance out of the Marvel/Netflix shows.

Best thing about the of the series was her performance.

I have to say, I'm quite smitten with Misty.

she nailed it since her first scene, damn she is sooo sexy as a personality and as a beauty.

I'll add to the chorus saying she was great in the role, and super sexy, but that I'm disappointed about [BLACKOUT]the arm[/BLACKOUT]
wtf Marvel, you tease it and then, just, nope...?

Well, I don't ever see Misty getting her arm because of the grounded nature of the Netflix shows compared to the rest of the MCU.

I don't see how a bionic arm makes the Netflix shows any less grounded than a man who's bulletproof or one who attained his power from defeating a dragon. I think there's a possibility that they only teased it here because that's a story they're saving for The Defenders, leading into s2 of LC and/or IF.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Misty showing up in her classic outfit at the end, even though it was pretty brief. She looked hot, I thought she totally pulled it off. Hope she dresses like that for Defenders at least once.

I was just assuming they weren't going to go that way and then when she showed up in classic style at the end I realized we'd never seen her out of her work clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"