Sequels Sin and Crossbones casting thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Who would you like to see play Sin and Crossbones in a Captain America sequel?

I'ld like to see Kaya Scodelario as Sin...

600fullkayascodelario.jpg

and Jason O'Mara as Crossbones
0e5f5130.jpg

If we're going to keep up with the quality of the Marvel movie-verse casting so far, I'd say Evan Rachel Wood would be my call for Sin. Crossbones is a bit more challenging. I'd say Sam Worthington, but at this point he's too big a star to play a b list henchman. Any other ideas?

If we're going to keep up with the quality of the Marvel movie-verse casting so far, I'd say Evan Rachel Wood would be my call for Sin. Crossbones is a bit more challenging. I'd say Sam Worthington, but at this point he's too big a star to play a b list henchman. Any other ideas?

If Crossbones were to be genuinely psychotic or psychopathic, Tom Hardy would do a excellent job. But if he's just gonna be some muscle for the Red Skull, then i wouldn't bother going for a big name.
Saying that, whoever plays him needs to be built like a truck.

Sin is an interesting one though, whoever plays her has to be capable of doing the brainwashed schoolgirl part and the genuinely evil grown-up woman bit as well. Mary Elizabeth Winsted is a name that springs to mind, not sure of many others yet though.

Well we have our crossbones now but I'm still dying for sin! Bring in Kaya scolderlario!

Ruth Wilson from Luther, Saving Mr Banks and The Lone Ranger for Sin.

Crossbones-Frank Grillo (naturally).

Sin-Ruth Wilson.

I don't like the Sin and Crossbones pairing as villains in the third film. The general public will think it is a rip off of The Dark Knight Rises. 3rd movie of trilogy with the first film villain daughter seeking revenge on hero with masked man villain lover.

Yeah. I guess they don't really need the romance angle.

Just the two of them being sadists as a match for cap and Sharon, that would be cool

It wouldn't be a ripoff of TDKR if they're set up as the bad guys straightaway.

I am *desperate* for Ruth Wilson to play Sin. She can vamp, go completely batcrazy all over Cap, and I'd bet she'd have mad chemistry with both Grillo and Steve Rogers. If they beef up EVC's role in Cap 3 and/or keep Natasha as Steve's partner, she can take them on (or both of them on).

I basically want Sin to be just as unhinged and insane and violent as Joker and Ma-Ma from Dredd. But following in Skull's footsteps (they can make her his disciple rather than daughter), probably also neo-Nazi-ish.

My god Ruth is such a good casting idea. This is why I love message boards. People just love these characters so much and it's fun to get a diverse opinion of things.

Bring on Ruth for sin!

Yes to Ruth Wilson, although I'd rather see her as Madam Hydra rather than Sin. I know Sin and Crossbones have a lot of fans but I'd much rather see an adaption of the old Skeleton Crew first before Sin. A lot of the Sin/Crossbone stuff is kinda redundant given the storylines with Diamondback/Rachel and personally I'd rather see Diamondback because of her place in Cap's romantic history than a Bonnie/Clyde Natural Born Killers kinda thing they got going with Crossbones/Sin.

The comics were able to pull that off for the sake of variety and being able to get away with some blatant homages to other works(NBK) but I feel like it would evoke the wrong kinda sick and twisted for the MCU. Honestly I doubt we'll get some of the more BDSMy kinda stuff that was in the comics during the '80s. There's some really kinky stuff. Case in point Crossbones, should read his comic intro in Bloodstone Hunt or see the Sadomasochistic relationship between Red Skull, Mother Night and Madam Hydra that was going on around that time. Plus there's whole freaky age thing going on with Sin where I can't see that being adapted without it being very weird. Maybe they could combine the characters of Madam Hydra and Sin? Maybe not have her be Red Skulls daughter and the relationship with Crossbones might be too much for the story, he should be the dragon/henchmen perhaps menacing Diamondback. That I could see working.

I could see perhaps a retooled Skeleton Crew with Crossbones, Diamondback, Madam Hydra/Sin, Cutthroat, and maybe Bucky, as Mercenaries working for Zemo.

Can marvel use madam hydra? I thought she might have gotten snapped up by fox

Can marvel use madam hydra? I thought she might have gotten snapped up by fox

They can use Madam Hydra. I think Feige himself might have confirmed that they could use Madam Hydra but not the Viper persona. It might have been someone else who said that but I'm pretty sure one of the filmmakers said she's still viable. Seeing as Quicksilver is in both DoFP and AoU, I don't see why they couldn't use the Viper persona if they really wanted to. If I'm not mistaken she took on the Viper name after [blackout]killing the original serpent squad member[/blackout] in a Cap story. The only real difference that I can detect is the name change though. Visually and design wise she's the same character and essentially a prototype for Sin.

It wouldn't be a ripoff of TDKR if they're set up as the bad guys straightaway.

I am *desperate* for Ruth Wilson to play Sin. She can vamp, go completely batcrazy all over Cap, and I'd bet she'd have mad chemistry with both Grillo and Steve Rogers. If they beef up EVC's role in Cap 3 and/or keep Natasha as Steve's partner, she can take them on (or both of them on).

I basically want Sin to be just as unhinged and insane and violent as Joker and Ma-Ma from Dredd. But following in Skull's footsteps (they can make her his disciple rather than daughter), probably also neo-Nazi-ish.

This.

Mother night is intriguing but I think it might be a bit controversial for marvel, what with the religious themes.

I suppose they can still adapt her and the rest but change things around a bit. Oh well, who would you cast for the sisters of sin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"